Were the sex scenes really necessary? Not sexy enough for a good hentai...

Were the sex scenes really necessary? Not sexy enough for a good hentai, but too explicit to justify as part of a worthwhile anime.

I thought they added on a lot to the film personally. Mainly because they were drawn incredibly erotically and realistically while the context was so genuinely fucked up it makes you feel bad and kind of gross for finding it erotic. I'm not sure what hentai you watch, but most of what I've seen is laughable ( especially when it comes to anatomy and having realistic motion) in general, and in comparison to A Kite.

What the other guy said. Explicit material can add to a show/movie if done right. This wasnt a "Im a bounty hunter school girl BUT ALSO FUCK MY BOSS TEEHEE" out of left field sex scene, but an honestly really gross one that showed off how deep the power dynamic in their relationship went. It's not something you enjoy watching (or at the very least you immediately feel bad for having seen it afterwards), and that's why it was good.

Yasuomi Umetsu was hired and given money to do a hentai production in the first place. From the studio's standpoint, it was the action scenes that were unnecessary. But I think the adult content worked in the film's favor, aside from a few short scenes that were just sort of thrown in there to hit the quota. Mezzo Forte was the one that could have done without the explicit scenes and probably have been better for it, but the scenes themselves are so well animated that I wouldn't want them gone anyway.

Can I get a quick rundown on these bodies?

Umetsu's other works would benefit from /h/ content. Consider Wizard Barristers, truly dreadful, some hard demonic dickings really could've gone a long way towards redeeming things.

Has anything else bombed this hard? Truly baffling how bad it turned out.

I didn't think it was that bad. At least not as bad as everyone else did.

I once told people it's less hentai and more seinen.

I remember seeing this at Blockbuster and being afraid to look at it in front of my parents because of the 18+ sticker on it. Maybe I'll actually watch it someday.

My problem with it is two fold:

1). While the concept of an animated lawyer show was interesting, it came down to a type of legal practice none us knew shit about. What the hell does the audience know about mage court? The show did very little to explain how things work, or why, or even why everybody's arguments were stupid. The only thing that was easily understood was the judge who had it in for the main girl. That's life for you.

2). Since it was Umetsu, if the legal stuff didn't work out at least we'd get swanky action scenes with amazing animation to tide us ov... oh that didn't happen either after the first episode cock tease did it?

I was jazzed on the concept and I have historically loved Umetsu's works, but none of this worked. None of it.

>Were the sex scenes really necessary

Fuck yeah it was.
Those are still the best hentai scenes ever animated. Also the ones in mezzo forte.

Don't forget that one episode with stills of the background during the action scenes due to production problems, if you managed to keep watching that far.

Oh I watched the whole thing. By that point in the show, having production and budget issues was just icing on the cake.

It's pretty good actually. Explicit sex scenes but story driven.

did mezzo forte also get a BD release like A Kite?

I've nutted so many times to that dp scene. Nothing like a girl enthusiastic about cocks.

I remember the mecha being pretty badly animated.

Yeah this. It made some scenes much better

It's really good. Well animated. Story is good, and the action scenes are really the best. If you're into the hentai then I guess it's fine. It's more for being uncomfortable and plot reasons but everyone has kinks and those fill that hole.

Mezzo and Kite are have the hentai scenes that I always come back to when I really wanna bust a nut.
And I just found out the dub version is also pretty good, which is rare for hentai.

that bj animation is godly

Is the bdrip for this any good? I heard it was badly upscaled and cut some scenes

Literally yes, that's why it got funded

>Were the sex scenes really necessary?
I need get around and finish encoding kate uncen BD

>Not sexy enough for a good hentai
You lost me.

It wasn't meant to cater to children. I get that Americans equate anime/cartoon = for children, they get surprised and baffled when there is some sort of adult like content, but come on, you're on Sup Forums. If you want to be a normalfag, there's leddit

>Nut to the jap audio
>Nut to the dub minutes later.

i always keep a copy of the scenes in every HDD just in case.

I wish hentai animators would learn from those scenes; to notice those subtle shifts in weight, how the characters move, not overusing the frames and such.

I get in the end, saving a few dollaridoos and meeting deadlines matter to them more over animation quality, but if a small minority of hentai animators can get inspired to do better and make a hentai scene of this quality, that would had been the dream. i'd take a 10 minute hentai of MF/Kite's quality with little to no story over most of the cheap shit we get nowadays.

seriously, can any other hentai even compare?

They were necessary as they wouldn't have received the budget to make them otherwise.

only other thing i fapped to after watching Kite/MF were from 2 different h-game (Sisters; Natsu no Saigo no Hi & another one i can't recall the name), and the first episode of Kuroinu, though that last one is losing it's magic.

other than, old, quality hentai seem to do it for me. probably the shading.

So you mean she never got fucked hard by an ugly middle aged man?

Its a damn shame the artist didnt work in any other hentai after those.
I wish he could replace whoever animates in fucking Queenbee.

even more surprising, as pointed out, the sex scenes were included due to executive meddling, otherwise they wouldn't give Umetsu the green light. any other director would slap some half assed crap, but Umetsu instead gave me the reason to rarely jerk off to any other hentai.

The old stuff like word's worth, pre 2000s stuff