Rei!

Thanks for the (you)

I realize I'm twenty years late to the party here, but what was Rei's deal? Was she just an avatar of Lilith, or what? And what was Gendo's plan for her that she rejected at the end?

She was supposed to be the vessel that would let gendo see his wife again but she rejected it

But how was that going to work when his wife was in the robot? And what was he trying to do by sticking his Adam hand in her?

Lilith’s soul in a human vessel and she’s got enough Yui in her that her and Shinji could be half brother and sister or maybe cousins. Rei was Gendo’s secret trump card and if she didn’t reject him he would have had full control over the instrumentality process.

He would have somehow directed all the souls into Eva-01’s core and as for touching her, he was trying to get Lillith and Adam (which was the embryo) to make contact which would have started instrumentality.

Lilith is the progenitor of all not-Angel life on Earth. When combined with Adam, she becomes absurdly powerful and is able to draw the souls of all of humanity into a collective soup. Rei contains a bit of Lilith's soul, and Gendo planned to use her as a control module of sorts to guide Lilith+Adam to pulling Yui's plotting ass out of the robot so that they could live together in fake happiness forever. Unfortunately for Gendo, being a cold dick and keeping someone in total emotional deprivation is a less effective way of gaining their loyalty than telling them to smile one time. So Rei III, resenting Gendo's trifling ass, gives him the middle finger once she has Adam and instead hands over the reins to Shinji.

Things do not go well from there.

Rei.

Smile more.

Okay, that makes sense. So the reason Gendo didn't melt with everyone else was because Rei was giving him the middle finger?

Not exactly. She gave control to Shinji to give Gendo the middle finger. Shinji straight-up fucking murdered Gendo to give him the middle finger. GNR was the engine, but Shinji was at the wheel.

hello?

Rei threads get shitposted to death by Asscucks, no point in making them. just shitpost them back.

I wonder what compels Asukafags to like such a shit girl that would cuck them for a real alpha like Kaji-sama.

Because I like her platonically you tard?

Chakuseki!

page 10 save rave