Evangelion + Gurren Lagann =

Evangelion + Gurren Lagann =

shit

Unless you absolutely hate mecha anime, nobody should think that sounds like a bad time. This is gonna be a fun ride.

i saw the first ep... its just too similar to gurren lagann and evangelion

nice

This is like a mix of 5 different mechas

There's also a bit of flcl in there.

Those two are probably the only giant robot animays you've ever seen, right?

IT's already better then both cause they aren't pussy footing around with the sexual themes.
I was honestly pissed off watching eva half the time it's like "just fuck already", but instead we get all that angsty hormonal bullshit, no pay off.

This one is a lot less serious, and a lot more light hearted and fun.

From the title I would guess it is related to Ghost in the Shell.

"No"

This is the kind of person this anime appeals to.

Who cares who else likes something. I bet there's pedophiles and nazis and furries and Daiz who also like it. Not gonna stop me from enjoying it.

no way this is going to be similar to Eva beyond a very surface level
isn't this basically just Kill La Kill with mechs?
>I was honestly pissed off watching eva half the time it's like "just fuck already", but instead we get all that angsty hormonal bullshit
lmao
did you really go into Eva thinking it'd be a light-hearted show about saving the day and getting the girl?

>Evangelion + Gurren Lagann
It only got a faint external veneer of them. Story, at least of the first episode, was lifted from Guilty Crown.

More like Star Driver + Blue Gender + Diebuster

>lmao
>did you really go into Eva thinking it'd be a light-hearted show about saving the day and getting the girl?

No but I just got annoyed when they made obvious suggestions that characters had a thing for one another but nothing comes of it besides suppressed hormonal bullshit.

And please don't pretend i'm the only one, after 20 years it's all anyone even cares about, they teased us with pick related and it drove people mad. Don't pretend like you're only in it for the bullshit plot and shock factor, no one was.

>Evangelion
tell me which way those two shows are even remotely similar

The pilot gender requirements gave me an Aquarion Evol vibe. I don't really see the relation to Evangelion just yet other than kids piloting mecha.

Its not very much like either of those series. Why do you have to shitpost?

So let me guess. Sup Forums hates it right? Guess I'll watch it since you guys always love being contrarian just so you can say you hate something.

This anime triggers the hell out of Evafags, and I love it.

Purityfags hate it because the main girl had sex before, but that's it.

Omg this show sucks so much

Evafag here, I liked the first episode.

Why are there so many mecha shows about puberty ans sexy thoughts

>I've only watched these two mecha shows
Nice to know.

No, Sup Forums actually seems to like it. Pretty surprising because Sup Forums shat all over VEG when episode 1 aired.

The male and female requirement for piloting mechs does feel Aquarion-ish. That said, The main duo feels like Anemone and Dominic a bit. I dunno, this is an odd show

What? What happened to Promare?

>Don't pretend like you're only in it for the bullshit plot and shock factor, no one was.
for me it's plot and characters > visuals >>>> romance (which was obviously either not going to happen or be extremely fucked up and unhappy)
don't assume everyone is as plebby as you

Sup Forums liked VEG, it's just that everyone was too busy shitposting.

maybe because that's what the mecha genre is about? Little boys become adults once they get into the big robot and start killing.

I loved the first veg episode, but I steered clear of Sup Forums threads so far, just because it would obviously be shillpost + shitpost central. Heck, veg threads were trash even before it aired. Too much hype, too much kyoani memery from both sides. I'm doing just fine watching the show without going through the thread bullshit.

And I reckon there are other people casually enjoying it too without posting a lot on Sup Forums, is my point.

That's not until some seasons from now I believe.

I can't believe how boring the first episode was. It might go somewhere but right now, if it wasn't for how pretty kyoani animation is, I don't think a single person would care about it at all.

More like
Evangelion + Shitty battle harem LN + Blue gender

>Shitty battle harem LN
It has nothing in common to this learn some new words shitposter.

>LN
>Source: Anime original
What did he mean by this?

I didn't want romance, i just wanted the characters to act on their sexual desires instead of furious masterbation.

>Cannon mono couples
>battle harem

consider sue of side.

That entire lake segment was shitty LN tier in terms of writing

It is way older than that.

Angry /u/spic buzzword
Everything straight is a battle harem for them

>he's never seen Brain Powerd

>any form of romance is LN-tier writing
Don't you have an episode of Boruto or Dragon Ball Super to be watching?

If it has any Eva in it then I'm gonna stay far away. Thanks for warning me; I was planning on watching this.

evafag here. darifura will be AOTS, possible AOTY

>obvious suggestions that characters had a thing for one another
>And please don't pretend i'm the only one, after 20 years it's all anyone even cares about, they teased us with pick related and it drove people mad
you live in another planet

Say whatever you want but this anime's animation didn't disappointed me at all.
Didn't spot any CGI in the first episode.

And I have a feeling that 002 will die at the end.

>IT's already better then both cause they aren't pussy footing around with the sexual themes.

there was some pretty obvious cg for example when they zoomed out to show the colusseum or whatever,giant doors opening clearly cg just like the whole building basically

Bitch my favourite genre is drama and romance
It was just badly written romance

Shit

it wasn't supposed to focus on the romantic aspect,youre just disappointed cause you want romance

The entire like segment was the most unique "meeting a naked girl" scene i've ever scene.
It was cute and silly and you're a faggot for being upset by that.

>badly written
>episode 1/24
So, basically, you're talking out of your ass. Okay.

this been subbed yet ?

where can I torrent ?

This show has really revealed how most people know jack shit about mecha. I've already seen posts claiming FranXX invented mecha with pupils, female mecha, sexualized mecha, Dual pilot mecha, etc.

It's maddening. Fucking Mazinger had female mecha.

yes it has
anywhere

This wasn't even romance, and you're actually retarded

If they fuck by the end of the show it will be an automatic 10/10 in my book.

Of course a normalfag like you would think that, lurk for at least 2 more years before you post again.

i am now convinced this poster is a kyoani shitter shitposting because veg flopped

The LN protagonist kills it

Almost as bad as Sieg

I never said their relationship can't develop into something interesting
I just find their initial meeting and interactions very bland and uncreative

>user gives you a non-generic response to tell you why you're a faggot
>l-lurk m-m-more newfag!!!1
Ah, man, is there line more useless than this one? Time to add it to my filter.

>you can't say the anime is bad, it's been just one episode
>woah this is the AOTS darlingbros and that's just the first episode
triggerniggers being hypocrites once again

Shin Getter

well horrible and nyaa dont have it and they're the top 2

so nah stupid

>Found you my Darling in the FranXX
Seriously?

[DefinitelyNotMe] Darling in the FranXX - 01 VOSTFR [1080p].mkv

[HorribleSubs] Darling in the FranXX - 01 [1080p].mkv

so yea stupid

I mean thr robots. Nowadays Mecha without the robots being CGI is pretty rare.

MITSUKETA !

BOKU NO DARLING

That wasnt me

He attempted to damage control when he had no succinct answers to give, too bad no one cares what that literal normalfag has to say.

what i don't get is why the use cgi for easy to draw stuff like a big plain door ar a building that's not gonna be moving, but not for the action scenes with a lot more going on.
feel like they couldve just drawn the cgi parts so far

You’re right. She should have come onto him more and been more crazy.

Yes, I get what you mean, but I really liked they didn't use CGI for the robots, which has been a common thing in this type of anime.

I love mecha, and Darling in the FranXX is by far my favorite! We all know that Trigger can't fail, they already took anime by storm last year with Little Witch Academia™ with their passionate craft, excellent characters and awesome new ideas!

mhm youre right. i guess they were trying to save some money while not deminishing quality a lot by using cgi for unimportant stuff only. gonna have to see how much theyll be using in future episodes

why are people calling this gurren lagaan ? it's nothing fucking like it did you even watch it ?

>...
Fuck off faggot.

Evafag here, I'm going to enjoy it just so I can piss you off, you dumb fucking Snake prostitute.

>Evangelion + Gurren Lagann =

=you watched 2 mecha shows in your fucking life plus it's shit

No, this is like Guilty Crown, Eva, Star Driver, Eureka Seven, Aquarion Evol and Kill la Kill had a high drunken orgy and shat out a retarded child 9 months later.

What are these compariosns to Evangelion that people are making?

is more like Eureka 7 + Gurren lagann tho

>guy who was going to run away sees a damaged girl, so he decides to pilot a robot after all.
Also multiple shots felt like an homage to it.

Looks nothing like either, OP. It's more like or

That's a pretty minor element to insist that this garbage is at all like Eva.

I think it's because the MC resembles shinji in the most tertiary ways possible, and maybe also because the klaxosaur or whatever kind of looks like an eva unit I guess
I don't really get it either

Someone post that shot from the cockpit that looked like it was ripped straight out of Cruel Angel's Thesis.

It was most similar to Diebuster.

shit + shit = ???

With some Kill la Kill in between.

I am 100% in because of Yabuki.

>giving a meme this much credit

Prime marriage

>the x's intertwine to form spirals of deoxyribonucleic acid
How can one show's design be so based?