Was she fucking autistic?

>Film version of her at least.

I can't believe nobody realized how fucking stupid she was. She cared more about the insects and muh nature more than the people around her.

>Take the scene where Yupa finds Naussicaäs secret garden. Her father had just died and she murdered a bunch of dudes. After explaining all the stuff about the soil in the pollution she starts crying in Yupas arms. At first you might think oh she is crying because Her dad was killed. Nope it's because humans are so horrible for destroying the world "even though she already knew that so I don't know why she's crying now"

>Then when she is on the island with the baby Oum she starts crying not because she and her people are probably going to die and there's nothing she could do and plus she's in a lot of pain from the acid. No she's crying because she feels bad for the baby Oum.

>Literally Miyazaki could have fixed all of this I'm making her not talk so damn much. All of those scenes could have made sense had she not talked so fucking much.

Can we all finally admit that the movie was kind of shit?

Miyazaki is unironically that green though.

But she wasn't like this in the manga.

>She cared more about the insects and muh nature more than the people around her.

This is Miyazaki 101 newbie.

Because it took him more than 10 years to finish the story. He obviously had more time to think and write for her character.

It's the one redeeming thing about that old geezer.

Oh look, it's another "is this character autistic" thread. And as usual, it's shit.

>I can't believe nobody realized how fucking stupid she was. She cared more about the insects and muh nature more than the people around her.
I'd argue that's not stupid, as such. It's not a bad thing to care about nature. Arguably misplaced priorities if you care more about it than the people around you, but ultimately you can't live without nature, so it's worth caring about.
>Can we all finally admit that the movie was kind of shit?
No. You can hate on it for being so green if you like, but I think you'd have to be stupidly anti-green to do so.

Prety sure the movie adapts the 2 first chapters of the manga that where alredy out at that time. Also the movie added alot of stuff that dident hapend in the manga like nausicaä's father geting killed, kushana sending an entire army to valley and the whole ending as well.

In the manga her dad dosenr get killed so her crying at least made more sense as well as the fact the she got scared of murdering some one since kushana dosent bring an entire army to the place in the manga.

I truly pity you people.

Daily reminder that she killed millions and that Kushana is the superior waifu.

Nausicaä a cute.

Nature cannot be evil, only humans can be evil. That is why nature deserves more sympathy than flawed humanity.

Eh, not as bad as Lazy Matsumoto.

>mfw

Perhaps maybe YOU are the autistic?

That's like saying "peanut butter deserves more sympathy than a dog because peanut butter will never try to bite you".

It was. Mononoke Hime is the better film, and it shows that conflict isn't as black/white.

When I first watched this movie I didn't realize she was wearing white leggings and thought she was riding that glider nopan

dogs don't bite without being provoked first

The truth is that Miyazaki is garbage when it comes to adapting a source material, even when it's his own.

Holy shit how can you miss the point of the movie this much, it's not even that complex.

That's because the film came out before the manga was even finished you fucking moron.

Depends on the dog, but nature will generally fuck you up for random reasons unless you train it not to. That doesn't make nature "evil", it's just following its nature, but the same goes for humanity.

>But she wasn't like this in the manga.

This. Read the manga, she is a far more complex and troubled character than in the animated version -- very much aware of her own sins and how many she has condemned to destruction.

The animated Nausicaa is Shoujo Jesus. The manga Nausicaa is The Kwisatz Haderach.

Nature would be perfectly fine without humanity though, the opposite can't be said.

That's only because there's just one human species, which isn't enough for an entire ecosystem. So those are just material considerations. Morals start with humanity and nature isn't anywhere on the scale, we're not better or worse, just on another plane.

I really wish more people would realise this. I'm not asking them to live on a hippie commune, or abandon modern conveniences entirely or anything, just backing off on the relentless destruction and doing a bit of conservation so we can continue to have somewhere to live.

>the opposite can't be said
t. user not living in a moon base with artificial O2 production and nanobot gut culture

If there was more than one "human species" then the world would be completely fucked.

Different, not necessarily fucked. That doesn't mean multiple 7 billion people groups that do everything we bad we do.