How hard was Sup Forums triggered by this?

I just watched Scum's Wish, which is a masterpiece. After every episode, though, I did have the little voice in the back of my head laughing about how pissed cryb/a/bies would have been when watching certain scenes. And how fast they must have rushed to trip over each other to proclaim how unaffected they are or how it totally wasn't deep because of course, nothing is deep, ever.

Then I got to the guy being ok with being "cucked" and couldn't believe it. So tell me, anyone who was around when it aired, were the tears as tasty as one could hope? Was the projection and defensiveness and fake-unimpressed fronting as massive as should be expected? How often were fujoshits mentioned, and how assblasted were people at the ending? I am sad at how much rage I surely missed. It's as if a billion shitposts are echoing in the warp.

This show is an instant classic on several levels (particularly the music). I was not watching the current season when it aired but someone said it was similar to Aku no Hana and other similar adult themed anime, which there is not nearly enough of.

>romance/drama anime
>instant classic
This is what shitposting looks like.

Liquid eyes...

>how fast they must have rushed to trip over each other to proclaim how unaffected they are or how it totally wasn't deep because of course, nothing is deep, ever.

I wasn't triggered at all, but damn everyone was so unlikeable. Except the cousin, he was okay. The rest though, all pieces of shit.

I didn't even watch it.

I thought it was charming, it's just kids exploring what love really means. Hanabi was in an open relationship with that guy anyway and they agreed to leave each other if anyone better came along. It's not something I'd do personally but they agreed to it. I don't know why anyone would rage at this.

You could almost say they were scum? There needs to be more entertainment in general with "unlikable" things. What a shit concept if you think about it, user. A focus-group concept. It's a hard limit on how many stories you can tell when you need the audience to personally "like" the characters. Many, many, many of the best characters ever created aren't people you'd like, or are at least horridly flawed and do awful things.

The trouble would be if you are meant to empathize with or enjoy living in the head of a character as part of the premise. This show definitely forces you to be more intimately connected to very dark emotions felt by people with awful flaws. In other words, like every real person alive. Whether we know it or don't, everyone has people around them with traits like this who may have done things like this. Used people for sex, manipulated them to get the relationships they want, etc.. This show was exquisite in that it explored that so well without sugarcoating it, refusing to give you a safe and comforting character or situation to anchor yourself. You are forced to be adrift, uncomfortable, frustrated with everything going on and people's bad decisions, outraged. It puts you IN the show.

It was in-your-face NTR boogeyman thrown out there unexpectedly by the only real "good guy", the yuri, then yuri being presented as pretty evil, and mainly the worst person in the show getting the happy ending while still being the worst, no less. It's like it was written to troll Sup Forums stereotypes. I agree with you though. The sad thing is that the themes are more commonly encountered and harder when you're that age, but they don't go away as you age. Imagine an Akane in her 30's...yep.

Something that particularly got to me was when Hanabi is trying to beat Akane at being scum and can't do it. Also when she lets people make out with her just so she can feed on the attention. I've done that kuzu

>how it totally wasn't deep
It isn't deep

>anyone who was around when it aired, were the tears as tasty as one could hope? Was the projection and defensiveness and fake-unimpressed fronting as massive as should be expected? How often were fujoshits mentioned, and how assblasted were people at the ending? I am sad at how much rage I surely missed. It's as if a billion shitposts are echoing in the warp.
This just screams "Reddit"|

Pottery.

>How hard was Sup Forums triggered by this?
Not very. Shitposters with your attitude tried to force it, but the ones who cared most were those who were interested in it. If anything, the viewers were most triggered by the show not delivering on their desires and giving the "villain" (best girl) a good ending.

Shitpost.

All I hope is that Hanabi finds true love and a person to love her back as much instead of having eyes for a cuck

It is anime, no anime is deep, ever. That being said that is exactly why I enjoy it, after a hard day of work or a long day of study or whatever the fuck else one might have as an occupation most of us don't want 2deep4u entertainment, we would go read Dostoyevsky or so if we wanted something "deep" and "meaningful". We just want to look at something fun. That doesn't mean it has to nonsensical tripe mind you, it just means we like watching stuff that doesn't require a lot of brainactivity after viewing to think of all the nuances and allegories, hidden messages and what have yo not to "understand the message" or to have a life changing epiphany.

Something like GitS is about as deep as it gets when it comes to anime, and while it has profound themes that might make you think about life, it isn't really that "deep", even that is "babbies first look at transhumanism" when it comes down to it.

It sounds like you're the one who has the tears, user, look inwards instead of outwards for the reactions you wanted. Yuri was never put in a bad light, that's just you. A lesbian relationship was shown as a viable and totally ok decision Hanabi could have made if she wanted to, which she almost did.

I'm surprised but that's edifying. The main thing I expected was the usual NTR rage and the fujo-hate/yuri-hate. I definitely didn't forsee a happy reception about Akane being more or less redeemed. I was goign along with that pretty happily until the plot moved back to the school and the kids giving her flowers and Hanabi having to watch. Then I was like, "fffffuck they just got me to root for the cunt and I know Hanabi is going to get Bad End."

Hilariously, Akane's VA is also Yunyun's which means that's one more strike against Yunyun...even her VA plays vicious whores.

There is a spin-off being published right now but so far it hasn't gotten to her story yet.

Nothing has ever been deep. Although you do use "we" a lot when in pretty much every case you mean "yourself". The real lesson here is you personally don't *want* depth, nuances or allegories in anime, which is a shame for you but then, I'm the same way with video games. I usually skip past dialogue so I can just go kill shit. Scum's Wish was deep as fuck and told a story in a way other media just can't do and it's sad people want to keep anime in a box, away from those things.

But don't get me wrong, I love pic related so it's not like I am a fucking Cannes auteur here.

Nothing triggered except the shitposters themselves., blogsposting retards were a lot though.Probably shitposters themselves trying to force something. Nothing deep or anything in the series, just some whores justifying what they want.
>scum's wish
OP confirmed to be offsite retard.

Well I won't deny I was primiraly talking about myself. However when you look at the main demographic anime is aimed at, the nips, I don't think it is unreasonable to put them in the same box as myself and say "we".

It isn't even that I am opposed to a "deep rich meaningful" anime, it is just that whenever it is attempted it is always half assed with them not being able to resist adding in some dumb comedy relief or pantsu shot. In that regard this show manages to largely stear clear of that and keep to its subject matter.

This shit is a poor man's White Album 2

>masterpiece
It's garbage soap opera writing.
I dealt with it by not watching it.

>it's garbage
>i didnt watch it BTW but i just know
lol

Nice blog

>can't recognise garbage from one episode

Nips are all about the 2deep anime, though. They just don't export the vast majority of their stuff. Earthlanders just want exploding shit, magic, moeblobs and the usual. Hence there are not hundreds of episodes of Crayon Shin-chan floating around in English.

pic

The point is that the lesbian was a (realistically) abusive, manipulative and selfish bitch. She was only able to get away with it because Hannabi was pretty much using her, too, but even so. I realize that one person being kind of awful does not imply that yuri is an awful thing, but you realize that far too many people can't make this distinction. I like to finish a show and then read reviews after the fact to see what people say, maybe if somebody got a point I overlooked and so on. It's very informative. There are a lot of people who think if a story portrays bad people or people making bad decisions, the show is clearly propagandizing for those things. Watching Citrus now and most commenters have to at *least* throw in a comment about how RAPE IS BAD UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!! in every review, if not condemn the show based on a character being "rapey". Really jiggles your ziggles.

OP, become a tripfag so I can stalk your posts, please.

I love HANABI

user can you recommend anime like this?

i want to protect honeybee's smile

It doesn't matter how many somersaults you did if you can't stick the landing.

The ending ruined an otherwise excellent story.

>NTR
>fujoshit
>yurishit
>drama/romance
>masterpiece

0/10 made me reply
"Muhh love is like this, just accept being cucked user"

I liked it as it remind me my younger days. Surely thereis a lot of topics there and also the infamou 'I am not even mad if you cuck me'. Also I must admit decision for the storyboards was top notch and goes very well with the themes of the series.

imagine being so lonely that you need an imaginary Sup Forums reacting to anime with you

It was only a year ago holy shit, how new can you fucking be OP?

I want a fuck buddy like Hanabi

The ending was the best part pleb.