So why do they raise child soldiers in isolation and kill everyone who fails to pass as one...

So why do they raise child soldiers in isolation and kill everyone who fails to pass as one? Isnt that kind of culling rather counter-intuitive? Why are they using teenages in mechs in the first place instead of missiles, big ass ships and shit?

Wouldnt dropping 15 000 ton payload on a electronic dino more useful than have horny teenagers fight it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BNZzJELbFRI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They don't die if they fail they just get sent back to where civilians live, the girl was taking her clothes with her implying she would be using them.

>why robots over bombs
Cause it's cool

Something something aytee fierudo

Wasnt it implied she would be terminated though? For example whatshername didnt even take anything with her in the end and her monologue kinda tells the same too.

>Mechs are cooler than big fucking explosions, bombs, spaceships as bomb trucks and orbital bombardment
Thats where youre wrong kiddo

>So why do they raise child soldiers in isolation and kill everyone who fails to pass as one?

Well, they call them "parasite", don't you want to get rid of useless pest? Plus they have bad dinos blood or dna or whatever in them, so they're probably dangerous in some way or another and they do'nt want to let them become a potential threat later.

>Why are they using teenages in mechs in the first place instead of missiles, big ass ships and shit?

Because it's a mecha show, so you don't need any logic, but instead a high fucking dose of suspension of disbelief.
I mean, how the fuck were they able to build this gigantic city in the first place, when the walls don't even have the weaponry to protect it from the dinos? And how the fuck did they have the incredible technology to build this city or those mecha, but not to build something useful like detectors that can actually detect approaching bad dinos? Just for what comes to my mind immediately.

>Because it's a mecha show, so you don't need any logic, but instead a high fucking dose of suspension of disbelief.
Even gurren lagann required less than this shit desu

There is no suspension of disbelief because this is a fantasy setting, whatever the writers want goes.

That only applies to things that try to be realistic like gundam.

>Why are they using teenages in mechs in the first place instead of missiles, big ass ships and shit?
Because power of love gets harnessed into giant robots pilotted by couples
>Wouldnt dropping 15 000 ton payload on a electronic dino more useful than have horny teenagers fight it?
No

Only one fucking episode is out, they're bound to explain this later

The walls had canons, but they were useless against the dino

Why cant you put power of love into strategical bomber user?

Suspension of disbelief wouldnt be a problem if they didnt try to force some technobabble on the viewer

they'll probably go the usual road: "the ability to pilot disapears when growing"

Why didn't they put dino detectors in the Heavy Object that took Naomi away? Or in the city?

>Why cant you put power of love into strategical bomber user?
Why would they when they have mecha

Because there is a 105% chance that piloting the FranXX has another purpose and fighting the dinos is just secondary

Bombers are more effective than glorified and ineffective tanks anonon lest they go full getter or gurren lagann

Zero two's last co-pilot looked like a grown-ass man and he only died cause she's a succubus.

Eva had an explanation for why they had kids pilot the mechas, Eureka 7 also had an explanation for why Eureka piloted the Nirvash. We will probably get an explanation since the society wants to make the children think that the only thing worth in life is piloting.

They clearly have ways to battle the dinos, the episode starts after 002 wins a battle. We don't even know where the dinos come from. 1 episode is out for fucks sake.

maybe because the mechas need the power of teenagers' lust

A P E
P
E

Why are you watching a mecha show if you don't like mecha?

They didn't force any technobabble, these are robots powered by love magic as far as i can tell.

It silly and cute and doesn't try to take itself seriously so why should you.

>Plus they have bad dinos blood or dna or whatever in them
Only 002 is a half breed. The others are "normal".

I like good mecha like battlemech and TTGL

Power of love with two pilots, life long special program, genemodding and and full government bureaucracy is technobabble. The show is trying to take itself seriously and power of love doesnt really fit that

>and doesn't try to take itself seriously
Did you miss the implication that failing the pass the activation test means you end up killed?

Did you miss that they're led by an organization called "APE" that dresses in monkey costumes? It's definitely not 100% serious.

I am supreme leader of APE.
Ask your answers.

What does APE stand for?

You ever heard of Sparta?

probably some Engrish shit

Association to Protect the Earth

Apparently, People are Edible
Apparition of Post Edem

So I guess you shouldn't take this guy seriously because he is dressed like a clown

Sparta itself was based on two different social casts. Helots who were slaves and whose population was controlled by spartans and spartans themselves. Helot society didnt treat their young ones like Frankxxs and neither did the spartans.

Sure, you had military service and such for spartans but that excluded females and wasnt near as intense as Frankxxs. Drop outs too were simply denied citizenship, not killed

>they dont die

except they all were talking about how no one ever gets sent back to the orphanage and no one has ever heard from people back home

Also add to that all the stuff with "the bird that can't fly" ending up dead

>ctrl+f eugenics
>0 results

So who fugged a dino to make Oni?

eugenics really makes the case
youtube.com/watch?v=BNZzJELbFRI

Dr Frank

>Plus they have bad dinos blood or dna or whatever in them

I think only the oni girl has this. While the rest is normal. Probably parasite is more social when we remember that they all come from orphanages.

They do have actual parents too though

The robots look like cute anime girls, it's most definitely not serious or realistic or anything like that.

>They die if they fail
No it doesn't, they get sent away not death, if that was the case mc wouldn't have been surprised that she did die.

Setting up a universe with clear antagonist, and what not doesn't make the story serious, characters get killed off in some of the most silly stories out their.

technobabble isn't in world polotics, it's made up robot science(tech-sciene and technology) that tries to sound smart or like it would actually work in the reality.

>first episode
>why don't we have all the answers already?
Every fucking time with this board

>orphans
>parents

You're an idiot, the point was a bird that can't fly has no where to go and no purpose.
Hiro relates that to himself by saying if he can't fly, then that's the same as being dead.

Not that he will die if he failed, just that his whole life was piloting a robot and if he can't do that then he has no purpose.

They get sent back to the orphange and don't get to be soliders for humanity.

Also having death and dying in your show doesn't mean you can't be silly with other aspects, you guys are seriously brain damaged.

Thats whats weird, we see them talk about their parents being in the graduation ceremony

>They don't die if they fail they just get sent back to where civilians live
Is it really hard for you to pay attention to a single fucking episode? Rewatch it.

No, people get disappeared from the orphanage. She knows going back means waiting for death. You're fucking told this. That's why she throws the case away. She's given up.

Good chance that the disappeared kids are being turned into those klaxosaurs

>Being so stupid you can't even pay attention to a SINGLE fucking episode

Wow, just wow.

We're in for a whole season of this and people are fucking up wildly right out the gate. It's gonna be a rough ride.

Only if the bomb is powered by the primordial lust of teenagers.

Yep, and then Naomi I think talks about how kids disappear from the orphanage.

You either become a parasite or bad shit awaits you.

Disappear doesn't mean they die, they are taken away from the orphanges to do w.e, there's no telling what that is, but i doubt it's to just kill them.

Naomi gave up on life because of it, it's not something good. If it was something good they'd be capable of contact/be told what it is. Instead it's a fucking secret...it's NOT GOOD

Disappear from an orphanage=/=death

Your autism logic astounds me.

Naomi freaks out over it, that was a message to you, the viewer, that it's not good.

They clearly don't know what it is, and namoi gave up life because she failed at what she was told was her whole purpose in life.

It's amazing how some people don't get the most basic of implications.

Your stupidity is too much.

So what's gonna be the big twist?

Christ, the br/a/inlet meme is real.

I actually the people at the orphanage are something closest to being parents to them.

That, or they were adopted with them in mind becoming pilots for the mecha.

NTR and humans are the bad guys.

>disappearing is a good thing

Then I hope you disappear soon

Calling it now. The APEs and the rest of humanity are in fact, the alien invaders from space. Dinosaurs are akin to the white blood cells that the planet uses to fight off hostile entities. The real heroes are the underground people living in the planet.

Is this the next KLK/Gurren Lagann or not?

Nah, you gotta wait for Promare.

"making someone disappear" is a euphemism for killing them, don't you know that?

This is the new Eva

Shutendoji is very lovely and I want her to make me her Darling, even if it kills me!

Fuck I forgot this was announced

eva is just a haremshit

>Promare is an upcoming anime project produced by Trigger and XFlag. Hiroyuki Imaishi and Kazuki Nakashima, who previously worked together on Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill, will be involved in the project
AOTC

>"making someone disappear" is a euphemism for killing them, don't you know that?
Not necessarily

Never said it was a good thing, it's just definitely not death.

>Not necessarily
Certainly so in an ambiguously military context.

>killing them
From the way they talk about it, this might not even be a quick death.

Maybe even something worse.

They said Papa, and Papa seems to be the head of the organization or something.

Why does Papa want his “children” to fuck?

APE=ABE

But APE will end up being the antagonists.

Abe will play the villain if it gets people to breed

DESU since 90% of mecha protagonists are kids, by this point i don't think an anime as serious as this one needs an explanation anymore. They could lampshade it, but we know it would be just an excuse for how the genre works.
+ we also know the mechs can be piloted by chad adults that die, at least the male pilot.