Why don't new anime not do shadows? Why is it all so plain compared to real anime

Why don't new anime not do shadows? Why is it all so plain compared to real anime.

Other urls found in this thread:

ssorphen.com/
twitter.com/OrphenPR
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's a large cost for very little gain.

But it looks better and it gives characters more realism.

Old anime actually had way less SHADING on average.

This.

Ghost in a shell has immaculate shading.

Why do old anime not have good directing?

I think OP meant 90s anime, we all know 80s and kids anime don't have shading.

Most of the audience does not seem to agree. Also
>anime
>realism

How do you know? Have you done a survey?

What's funny is that season 2 had virtually no shading whatsoever, in addition to the character designs, animation, and art going to total shit.

Lazy artists. They don't even draw noses anymore.

ssorphen.com/
twitter.com/OrphenPR
Both the website and twitter are hyping 2019 as the 25th anniversary of the series, LN were rebooted, and I think there is an ongoing manga, so I'm hoping we get some anime as well.

I've read of various things like that digital drawing makes it more difficult to do good shadows and shading, though I doubt it's really that significant of a difference if one at all.

Really though the issues seem to be that older anime that made it to the west tended to be higher budget and had higher quality art in the first place, as where we currently have a much larger number of lower budget anime. As well as a general stylistic change over time where styles became a bit brighter, though there are far more changes than that.

All that wonderful cherry picking

>As well as a general stylistic change over time where styles became a bit brighter
This is what I don't like the most. Modern anime has also lost that "gritty" canvas look which made everything look more detailed than it really was. Especially noticeable in old /m/ anime with high budgets.

>That anime
>Modern

Most of the stuff on the right is like, a decade old. The time difference between 2000's anime and 90's anime is the same as between 2000's anime and 2010's anime.

How is this even an argument?

>muh cherry picking
Yeah sure dude.

yeah. Cherry picking.

Sure sure.

Two can play this game.