ITT: Tropes you hate

ITT: Tropes you hate

>The nerdy outcast has an obsession with insects

But the nerdy outcast does have an obsession with insects
How do you think entomologists are born?
Not a trope if its a fact of life next.

Posting a thread of all the same damn tropes we heard people complain about in the other 1000 threads.

>Nerdy outcast is the chilliest dude around
>Scary dude/creature is actully the coolest guy of the bunch and he is a bro
I like this plot twist trope.

>sociopathic character refers to humans as "toys" calls them his "playthings"

>Serial killer wants to live an ordinary life

Yeah I hate when they make nerdy outcasts nerds. Why cant nerdy outcasts have cool hobbies like football and slaying puss?

>older brother-type character has an extremely autistic and unhealthy obsession with their metaphorical or literal younger sibling
Wait, I like this trope.

>supposedly smart characters just say the most obvious shit and everyone around them praises them for it
The sad part is this happens in real life too.

THREE

>anime takes place in a school setting

Its not a trope if its realistic
A trope would be like a hitman wearing an expensive suit.
Or the red hair guy having fire powers

>character magically overcomes depression or even more serious mental issues (like schizophrenia or DID) for the sake of plot/because they found something that made them happy and that means they can't be depressed anymore or have trauma from what caused their depression, and subsequently their mental state is never touched upon again
You don't recover from an extremely horrible childhood overnight, just because your loved one saved you and taught you to love yourself with that action.

Is english your second language?

>overcoming depression because something made you happy is a trope
I don't think you people understand what that word means.

>character who wears glasses is the most loud and obnoxious

Is it yours? How is the literal truth a metaphorical expression?

Sometimes the obvious stuff isn't obvious until it's said out loud. That's really all that being an intelligent person is--figuring out things that should've been obvious in retrospect. Sometimes it's a surprising solution but often times it's not.

Being happy one time does not cure depression. I have depression, I know what it means. What I'm talking about is how a character will find something that raises their happiness and then suddenly lose any and all of their self-harming/self-destructive tendencies and hatred for themselves and never once relapses or days where they struggle with it. Depression is not (immediatley) cured because someone did something huge to protect you. It can certainly pave the way to healing, but I find it hard to believe someone can chop their arm off for you and for you to immediately lose all self-hatred and be magically cured from your severe, often suicidal depression.

>You guys...

I still like this trope. Feel you can take it many places.
For me it's
>chess as a visual analogy for strategy
>chess prowess as proof of strategic prowess
We could be more creative.

If deep down all you ever wanted was someone to chop their arm off for you it would.
What is it you are missing user? Is it love? I bet its love.

So you literally had to google the definition of 'trope' and you read the wrong one. I was just joking about the second language thing before but now you just confirmed it.

That isn't to say it can't happen fast, but overnight (literally, in the case I'm thinking of) is kind of a stretch. I know when I got my first boyfriend I was so, so happy about it that I was eating well, excersising every day (when I hadn't before), and didn't have any self-hating thoughts until about 3 weeks in, which is when the magic started wearing off and I became depressed again. Those kinds of things can basically block your depression or make you not give a shit if you hate yourself, but true, real healing must come with time and devotion.

That's true, but this character in particular has loads more trauma behind him that realistically shouldn't have been fully resolved with that. He shouldn't have went from "I'm going to let myself die because I'm worthless anyway" to "I love myself and I love you too" over about 12 hours. Yes it was a very defining moment and definitely helped him heal but...I don't know, I just find it kind of hard to believe. If he was shown to still sometimes struggle with self-hatred that he has had for literally hundreds of years, I would've believed it, but he never had that moment. Maybe because it wasn't relevant to the plot, but again, that's some pretty fast recovery for someone who spent over 80 years trapped in freezing pit with no food and rotting corpses surrounding him for the sole crime of being born as a twin.

Not an argument tbqh senpai
There isn't a definition that makes a common real thing a trope. Read my examples of tropes and you will see I understand the meaning.
But saying literal things that happen are tropes is retarded.
Shit dude I'm so tired of the driving cars trope. Don't you hate the cliche way that everyone breathes except dead people?

Not an argument? How is an overused cliche the same as a metaphorical expression?

They are intrinsically the same. Every cliche is a metaphorical expression.

>The protagonist Gary Stu's a new skill / form / ability out of his ass during a fight against big bad
>The bland know-it-all protagonist-kun one day gets swarmed by a harem of girls
>Oh no, it looks like protagonist has slipped and yes he has indeed landed on boobs, but wait a tornado came along and now prot-kuns face is in the womans crotch, what are the odds?
>"I have been training years to be an elite.. oh the protagonist-kun killed me in one hit after training for a day, well shit"

>I have depression, I know what it means.
You can also argue that they didn't actually had depression and were just really really sad at the time, not every soldier comes back from the war with PTSD

Name an example.

Stop posting shit animes on my Sup Forums thank you.

yeah I just roll my eyes at chess symbolism at this point, they can't even do the lazy thing and use another strategy board game except occasionally shogi.

Go back to hispachan paco

Yes the psycho's are actually quite nonchalant about taking lives of others under the protection of chain of command, don't get me wrong by all means if it doesn't faze you then you're doing your country proud but damn you won't find me sitting in a table with one of those animals

However,
>the old wisened samurai plays Go
is apatrician tier
now please delete this shit frogpost thread, this is really more of a Sup Forums or Sup Forums thing

>spineless beta main character gets paired with the tsundere bitch

They probably always loved themself but were conflicted because the world hadnt told them they werent worthy but being loved got did of the identity diffusion.

>"If you kill a man and don't have crippling depression you are a monster"

No actually it is
>If you end another mans live you're a monster
Then ones who get crippling depression from it shouldn't have signed up in the first place

>>The nerdy outcast has an obsession with insects
I can't think of insect interest being a part of any manga unless it's kids bug hunting.

I think killing in wars the same as sewer cleaning, necessary but disgusting none the less and i wouldn't share a table with a man who does it, they really should roll up the semi-automated killbots already

>If you end another mans live you're a monster
That line of thinking its on itself a bad overused cliche my dude, like the old "If you kill them, they win!" kind of bad

Do tell me your rationalization that allows you to end another persons life, surely you've justified your action in your head so i would like to hear what makes it "ok" for you to kill someone?
Every man has a code, is it because they are wearing different uniforms, is it because you were ordered to do so, kill or be killed?

Can you faggots stop of ruin the fucking threads?

Too many anime to list have this

>Selective Enforcement
>Character 1 does something bad, gets in trouble for it.
>Character 2 does something far worse, gets away with it.

>Prot-kun that is beyond stubborn about 1v1'ing the big bad instead of ganging up on him and saving the world

The only time I've found this trope interesting was in Code Geass, the whole lead from the front with the King that Lelouch loves to spout. A nice spin on the trope that was ultimately executed haphazardly in the show, as well as the metaphor sort of breaks down once you think about it though. Sort of like the entirety of Code Geass.

megane is fujo

I can praise them and admire them for their efficiency and their rare and valuable skills, but that doesn't mean I want one as my neighbor. Humans should live with humans, monsters should go where they belong.

pls no bulli gonta

>hyped up character gets easily defeated

Both combined in Legosi

>Absolute power corrupts absolutely

It took me 5 seconds to find a counter-example to your stupidity.

CUPS

>tsundere bitch gets paired with alpha mc
>neither of them gives in and they fight all the time

>off screen power ups
>tsundere characters that abuse the mc too much
>"looks like our enemy is THE GOD OF THE UNIVERSE NAO"
>le epic plot twists are usually hurf this good guy is evol nao or HE IS ACTUALLY HIS BROTHER/SISTER/HIS MOM'S HIROPRACTOR
>no parents
>high school setting

koff