Is there anything about this that isnt compeletely derivative? I remember liking it a decent amount the year it came out

is there anything about this that isnt compeletely derivative? I remember liking it a decent amount the year it came out

the romance is... okay, I guess. it feels shoehorned despite it being the main plotline

individual episodes have horrid pacing. there is nearly no development and the pacing brute forces conflict that has no natural progression

I can think of like, 5 frames from the op that are pretty artistic

should I bother even finishing it?

Eh, Dual was the better response to Evangelion anyway.

>reddit spacing
>no actual critcism that has any substance, but instead blows most of his letters on "i not lyke pacing"
nah, just drop it. you clearly are too mentally handicapped to gain anything from it anyway.

are you retarded?

ayato literally bounces around in his forced crises the very MOMENT he makes contact, from "I don't belong" to "I reject living in a dream" to "I am arbitrarily angry" and literally puts him in this situation EVERY single episode in 2 minutes, then defeats the enemy by overcoming it after seeing an image of haruka

the only time it even remotely made sense is in the ice episode

it is forced beyond belief. none of it has a logical antecedent

is this the tenchi muyo one?

I think I'll pass. thank you though

I liked it because OST, worldbuilding, and the episodes about Itsuki's backstory.

>forced crises
so being transported into what is essentially a different dimension, have your life change from being a normal high school student to being a soldier should have no impact on the character whatsoever? i dont know what show youre watching, and how you want characters to act, but considering the setting ayato is probably one of the, if not the most mature character youll find in the subgenre.

>EVERY single episode
pretty dumb statement to make when you clearly havent even watched half the show

>seeing an image of haruka
that, technically speaking, isnt even haruka. and if you werent retarded you would realize why this visual queue is being used as often as it is.

>the only time it even remotely made sense is in the ice episode
so you just went from "this feels forced to me" to "this makes no sense". so what is it now? the former, or the latter?

>forced beyond belief
clearly not forced since you still dont understand whats actually going on

>ixtli
>ikshtli
>ickschttleiy

M I L F
WON

>I am lonely
>gets engulfed in other dimension
>sees reika
>kills dolem

>I miss home
>gets engulfed in other dimension
>I refuse to live in illusion
>sees reika
>kills baddy

>I am cold
>just cold
>engulfed in cold dimension
>sees reika
>kills baddy

he gets engulfed every episode in mins. theres never even a buildup

jesus

she's a pretty good cake. I guess it's from before they could market more than just fetishes

younger cake-her is still cuter. but in this rare case being a cake adds a lot to her character

I'm having trouble thinking of other good aspects though

good to see that youve completely given up in your attempts to being taken serious.

you can go ahead and tell me a reason the episodes above are not formulaic, redundant, intentionally muddy, rushed, and a logical/thematic antecedent

or give me an independent reason they're good. you havent even bothered. the first think out of your mouth is an insult

you sound like a pseud

posting here b/c i rarely see RahXephon threads, and probably won't for a while

BACK then RahXephon was one of the first big series I purchased and watched, back then, I thought this:
-some themes and elements were great
-some scenes had excellent artwork and imagery
-i liked the way the whole mathematical-music thing was elaborated upon
-i liked the dolums and the way they fought.

-Ayato's personality annoyed me, he severely hurt the series.

NOW, I think:

-It can't even compare to NGE, in characters, emotion, drama, watchability. Not close. I love NGE, and it took any love I had left for RahXephon
-I wish I would have watched it in Japanese with English dubs (I was new)
-I wish NGE would have been my first big series to get
-It has a few good attack scenes, mechas, and conceived Mu forces
-Is it a classic? kinda by its shear size, animation, and production, kinda not because it just doesn't grab your emotions nor attention.

Overall do I like it? Yeah, I just do. But I still really don't like Ayato, just the characters that surround him

the problem is that you didnt start this thread asking a question. you started it making assumptions and selling them as fact, were very inconsistent in your choice of words, and, for some reason, were under the impression that you understood why things are happening. your opinion is already set in stone so its a waste of time to try to convince you, especially when you cant even be bothered to finish the show. theres no incentive for me to elaborate, when the result will be "ha ha its shit badly paced formulaic etc etc" anyway. yes reikas appearance are formulaic, but there is a reason for them to be and theres a reason why she exists in the first place. it isnt haruka, and it isnt just ayato thinking of someone who looks like haruka. theres a significantly deeper meaning to her appearing in front of him every other episode and later on she even takes the form of ayato while talking to quon..

for some reason you seem to think that people browse this board to explain shit to you, and while that might happen every now and then, you dont really give people much of a reason to be cooperative when you act the way you do. people like you deserve to be ridiculed, no more, no less.

>is there anything about this that isnt compeletely derivative?
>RahXephon
Fuckno. At least it's better than NGE.

It has nothing to do with Tenchi other than being a prequel.

you're the only faggot in this thread using terrible grammar and acting hostile

if you'd have preferred discussion you could have started your first post differently.

must be lonely being a lone fanboy of a mediocre series. I bet you fancy yourself as a tortured genius. the series definitely markets itself to that demographic, but you seem to be stupider than the average delusional dumb cunt

yeah. I agree. the things I liked are still there

but several times per episode something so bad it hurts pops up seemingly out of marketing strategy or board run decision making. like a paint by numbers strategy

it's almost like they made a list of themes in eva and felt the need to namedrop one halfheartedly per ep. mysterious foundation. medical testing. even shots of military bureaucracy, etc.

>can't even compare to NGE, in characters, emotion, drama
obviously, since unlike NGE it isnt actually horrible. the real question however is: why would you even compare the two when their thematics and casts are this different? everytime i see this comparison i inevitably have to reach the conclusion that the person i am responding to hasnt watched both shows or simply lacks the ability to differentiate.

>you're the only faggot in this thread using terrible grammar and acting hostile
>are you retarded?

>you could have started your first post differently
might wanna take another look at your OP

>must be lonely being a lone fanboy of a mediocre series
yea, the same way i feel lonely because of my inability to like to FMAB, CGL, HxH or Clannad. you cant even comprehend my suffering.

>I bet you fancy yourself as a tortured genius
hey, considering the fact that the average poster is going to compare two vastly different shows because they sport a teenager piloting a mech, it appears that i know a bit more about the medium and subgenre than them. that doesnt make me a genius, it just make me less dumb than them.

It has a good episode close to the end.
That's it. The rest is shit.

I kind of remember that

this shot is decent, from the OP

the lyrics though

"the people in my life change my consciousness"

jesus. I don't like digibro but he said something like "all anime after eva is like people copying cit. kane by making movies about billionaires tht love sledding." pretty accurate

>list of themes in eva and felt the need to namedrop one halfheartedly per ep. mysterious foundation. medical testing. even shots of military bureaucracy, etc.
sick themes. its not like those are extremely common for shows with a military setting, mecha shows in particular. poor anno, constantly has his ideas stolen by tomino, ishiguro, kawamori, takahashi and even his fellow staff members at gainax in form of yamaga.

The episode of the kids trying to save the clay doll in the cave is like a ghibli film in terms of production and forethrought.

The rest is pretty standard.