Why does anyone fistfight in HxH when you can just kill the enemy with a cheap pacemaker sized bomb?

Why does anyone fistfight in HxH when you can just kill the enemy with a cheap pacemaker sized bomb?

Other urls found in this thread:

naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Daimyō
hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Poor_Man's_Rose
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>nen is this secret superpower
>no wait literally everyone relevant has it

That's like complaining about everyone being able to fly in DBZ.

DB never claims anything of the sort, and is more lax with the supernatural

This is such a stupid post

fake and gay. there are a lot of literally who nen user characters (mafia, hunters, royal bodyguards, etc) and a lot of relevant characters (gon family, the kakin emperor, zepelli, komugi, the rich guy in the greed island arc, that human politician working for meruem in the ca arc)

it's like emperor haki in one piece. It's a super-rare ability, but the people that can use it will eventually gather in the same places.

hmmm maybe those characters are relevant because they're super powerful and nen is the cause of that

you are retarded. meruem wasnt in a nobodys land. he was in a internationally recognized nation, you cant just nuke it. who is going to be responsible for affecting the environment and killing a lot of people, are you going to pay a terrorist to do it? how are you going to respond to international authorities for that? are you going to gather some cointrys politicians and say "yeah lets nuke this sovereign country to kill some ants whatever"? are you braindead? you dont even need two digits of iq to follow a battle shonen plot

>do it
>deny you did it
>admit you did it fifty years later
>nobody cares
It's not like the nuke was some kind of supernuke that only Russia or America would have. They literally said it was something that two bit dictators buy. There are countless people you could blame.

>fire nuke from afar
>ants see nuke coming
>bullshit shounen anime power run away
>return once the dust settles
>only suffer from remaining radiation avoiding the initial head on explosion / radiation shower
Do you even shounen my friend? If something is able to effect big bad if hit the big bad can avoid it used by normies so when the MC-kun beats him it makes it special

>fire nuke from afar
Why would you do that?

To avoid sacrificing Netero but seeing as it wouldn't work due to shounen super running powers the plan they used was necessary

Literally just send in some nameless suicide bombers.

inb4 they are killed before even reaching their destination

>nameless suicide bomber-kun enters the courtyard
>gets instagibbed by nameless ant soldier number 583

Did you forget that Neteros bunch had to make their enterance on a nen dragon via air to even reach him? We don't get to see the 2 royal guards fight much but i doubt any nameless nobody could make it close enough to damage Meruem enough, Netero had to lure Meru into a enclosed space underground to get the max effect and that fucker still needed to be finished off by the radiation

Conqueror's haki is only really for leaders though. It's more like armament honestly, any fucking average joe can train for it if they really want and virtually anyone worth their salt in a fight has it.

Lol. This show is so dumb and stupid if you ignore large parts of the plot.

Meruem let shit tons of innocents right in front of him when he was asking what their skill was or whatever.

Did any of them came with a preinstalled heart nuke?

Go back to something more your speed, son.

plot armor

A few thousand people at most have nen control out of a population of billions. Most don't even know they are using nen. The Hunter society also keeps nen secret. It is completely reasonable.
>hurr durr why does the series focus on interesting nen users instead of random civilians

But DB is exactly the same? Everyone has Ki, only some can use it. And everyone relevant in DB can use ki. What the fuck are you on about? I swear, hxh haters are just desperate at this point

>why does Naruto only follow ninjas with super powers?
>why does Boku no Hero only follow heroes with quirks?
>why does Dragon Ball only follow powerful ki users?
>why does One Piece only follow pirates with superhuman abilities?
JEE MAYBE BECAUSE IT'S A FUCKING SHONEN AND IT'S MEANT TO BE ACTION PACKED AND ENTERTAINING?

Yes they could have if the hunters were smart enough. Maybe you missed the part where you said any suicide bomber would be killed right away. I don't think ants were checking dudes for "Preinstalled heart nukes"

And how are they going to send this mystery bomber civilian that somehow won't go completely insane if they felt malicious aura up close? In the crowd when the Selection is taking place? Close proximity to the other civilians + downwind breeze = millions of dead and no guarantee that Meruem wouldnt immediately back out of the area around a good distance away seeing how he is out in the open instead of being in an enclosed area.

>why does Naruto only follow ninjas with super powers
The better question is if ninjas are such gods compared to every other group in Naruto why don't they rule the world.
>why does Boku no Hero only follow heroes with quirks?
Because 99% of the people in BnH have quirks.
>why does Dragon Ball only follow powerful ki users?
Goku was born with a PL below a human and by the end of the series he was basically a god. Vegeta was more or less able to keep pace with him. Meanwhile at the time of the destruction of planet Vegeta the highest PL any Saiyan had was 10,000. The growth rates of Dragonball probably make the least sense of any shonen.
>why does One Piece only follow pirates with superhuman abilities?
There isn't a line between human and superhuman in One Piece

Why does anyone use bullets when you can just destroy them with a predator drone striking them down like the wrath of zeus?

>Goku was born with a PL below a human
WRONG

Because there are millions of soldiers but there are only like a dozen nen users in the world. Why kung fu fight them when you can blow them up?

> implying that fighting someone like Meruem wasn't Netero's last wish for life

That doesnt relate to his question. The reason people cant casually use nukes IRL and in HxH universe are the same.

HxH makes the most sense out of all these worlds. The whole point of the hunter association is to regulate nen users and keep nen a secret from the public. The hunter association is ruled by the top nen users of the world. Netero could have solo'd half of the nen users at once if he needed to. That's why the world isn't in chaos.

Most other shonen have no reason why their worlds are not in complete chaos. I don't see why you are just picking on hxh

Reminds me of this.

Because sometimes you want to kill someone without killing thousands of people in the nearby area

Exactly.

Real world doesn't have pacemaker nukes that every dictator in the world buys.

>The better question is if ninjas are such gods compared to every other group in Naruto why don't they rule the world.
Now I haven't watched Naruto since I was a 13 but isn't that essentially the case?

>keep nen a secret from the public
Trying to keep a masquerade makes HxH the most retarded of all those settings.

Why? Normal people can't see nen. It's quite an easy thing to keep secret and it is in the interests of all nen users as it allows them to rule the world from the shadows.

>caring about collateral damage when theres a monster invasion

Because Urban Fantasy is trash.

You're a negative little child, aren't you?

We can't all think like a edgy teenager, user.

>keep nen a secret from the public
But anyone can go to the battle tower and join huge crowds to watch people fight with nen. You dont even need to know what nen is to enter or even participate

I'm not the one who jerks off to the thought of being part of some super secret special magic club that the ignorant normies know nothing about.

only when its done poorly

*president

It's no secret in hxh that some people are superhuman, but the fact that their superhuman-ness comes from nen is a secret and so is the hunter association (yes, people know about the association but nothing about who they are or what they do).

Many common people strive to become superhuman but only the worthy people who are born from powerful families or who pass the hunter exam learn of the truth of nen.

>nen is this secret superpower
>the most powerful nen user being in existence cannot be defeated by the eldest nen user
>NUKE HIM AND HE DIES ANYWAY
What kind of superpower gets easily defeated by human science?

>What kind of superpower gets easily defeated by human science?
Not every show needs DBZ leves of retarded power creep, user

The point was that nen powers are useless and humans should just put down nen users using good ol'fashioned guns and nukes.

People in this hxh world dont think its something they can learn, just look at everyone in the hunter exam, they see hisoka do crazy shit and nobody question it

>But DB is exactly the same?
exactly, which makes the subplot about it being secret stand out as stupid. Nen can be learned by anyone, nen users arent made to keep knowledge of it hidden, and people who cant infuse energy in their eyes can still see unexplainable stuff happen as a result of nen. I can buy the hidden Dark Continent stuff, but nen is way too ubiquitous

Yes, that guy is a fucking retard that doesn't even know what he's talking about

Competent nen users can easily fuck up people with guns, even tanks and other heavy weaponry. We've seen this in the show, guns can't do shit against intermediate nen users.

And because people in the show can't survive nukes it makes nen useless? That is some retard level logic right there.

its cooler to see people punch and kick each other than it is to take advantage of technological advancements and tools designed for killing, I guess

Guns didnt do shit against uvogin

it would make more sense if it was established that people were subconsciously discouraged from delving into supernatural training, separating thrill seekers from the placated public

Nen is like the wind. You can't see it but you can see it's effects. Like I have said in this thread- superhumans are not a secret in the hxh world, but nen is. Most people have no way to access knowledge about nen and any slip ups are managed by the association, which is the most powerful organisation on Earth.

How can nen be learned by everyone? You need a teacher and for most people it would take years of insane training to even access nen control. And most nen users have no interest in spending their time teaching when they could be making bank as hunters.

Wrong, the best scene in HxH was watching the mafia try to mow down the spiders with guns while classical music played

If the strongest guy in your superpower anime dies to a pacemaker sized bomb then your superpowers suck compared to your tech. It shouldn't be a superpower anime, it should be a scifi anime.

naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Daimyō

Actually Togashi's last series (Level E) was sci-fi. HxH has superpowers because it's a deconstruction of shonen superpower manga.

Dude almost every chacarter in anime will die if get poisoned, fucking goku died cuz when he got sick.

>a political figure
You can't be this retarded, do you also think the president of the USA is the most powerful person in the world and controls everything alongside the Chinese and Russian presidents?

I don't like the spiders, I want them to all get killed already.

What a narrow view of storytelling you have. I guess all martial arts movies suck because guns exist in them. Anyway, most superpower series have powers that are inferior to nukes.

It doesn't effect most of the story in any way, because most of hxh's story is small scale and nukes would not resolve most of the conflict. The nuke was used against Meruem because he represented a threat to the entire world. The whole fucking point of that battle is that strength comes in different forms, and that human strength comes from our lust for power and our intelligence. It doesn't make nen irrelevant.

>pacemaker sized bomb

Who's to say that there wasn't some size-manipulating nen at play, OP?

But that scene ultimately ends in the mafia getting fucked in the ass by the Spider's nen abilities.

>>do it
>>deny you did it
>>admit you did it fifty years later
>>nobody cares
It works every time

>"ALL SHOWS THAT HAVE SUPERPOWERS MUST ALWAYS RESOLVE CONFLICT THROUGH THE PREDICTABLE APPLICATION OF SAID POWERS! I'M TOO RETARDED TO COPE WITH ANYTHING ELSE!"

I think Dragonball Super might be more your speed.

>superhumans are not a secret

if people see that its possible to go beyond being average or even simply appear to be supernatural, then loads of people will be curious to see how it can be obtained. Unless there was reason to believe that its not something worth pursuing..

>Most people have no way to access knowledge about nen and any slip ups are managed by the association

I don't remember any examples the spread of that knowledge being prohibited. Like people don't check for licenses before telling others about it, or have goons take them out back for too much talking

>You need a teacher/most nen users have no interest in spending their time teaching when they could be making bank as hunters

there's no reason to believe that money cant be made through teaching, or that most lead lives too busy for short lessons

>for most people it would take years...
How many years?

>...of insane training to even access nen control
That wouldn't prevent people from knowing of nen itself though

So? That's not people punching and kicking each other is it?

which doesnt work, and this is in the same arc that shows nen bullets are a thing. Why aren't more people carrying around guns and grenades to complement their powers?

>he actually thinks HxH is that much better than DBS
It's all just pure action and good characters.Not the guy you were replying to btw

hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Poor_Man's_Rose
>Up until Chairman Netero's battle with the Chimera Ant King, the Poor Man's Rose had "bloomed" 10 times over in more than 250 countries, taking away the lives of 5,120,000 people. When its usage in a capital during a terrorist attack caused 110,000 deaths, an international treaty was established to forbid any further production. However, more than 80% of the countries that are possessing the bomb did not dispose of or ban the use of the pre-existing bombs. Currently, hundreds of thousands of Miniature Roses remain
How does the HXH world still exist?

How does our world still exist? What a dumb question

I think the main thing with HxH is that when the low IQ hoi polloi hear that it's "THE BEST BATTLE SHOUNEN" they think there's constant battles, powerups, etc. etc.

so when faced with actual depth, dialogue, introspection, of the CA arc, it goes completely over their head and they think it's "boring there's just talkin and no fightan!", "asspulls why did they nuke the main villain instead of power up!"

Our world doesn't have terrorists with mass produced suitcase nukes.

Because only a few selected people know about the bomb existence. And politics is a bitch. You can't just use a rose bomb causally whenever you like.

>why fistfight people if you can nuke them

It's not like HxH is the only shonen or superhero show with a modern setting. This is a dumb question.

see

Much of it was punching and kicking but at superhuman speeds and agility. Much of it also was not just punching and kicking but clever nen abilities- which is one of the highlights of the anime.

But you seem to think it would be a better anime if the humans all started to use guns to try to kill the nen users. That scene you talked about was good because it was a bloodbath where nen users fucked up gun users, it wasn't good because "humans should just put down nen users using good ol'fashioned guns and nukes."

A show like that wouldn't work because nen is more powerful than guns by a long way. There would be no battle. And they can't just nuke the entire world to kill the nen users.

what other shonen do they use nukes?

Our world has plenty of terrorists and they do have bombs, but just like our world, I'm sure police and government agencies stop them from constantly bombing everything in this fictional world. I'm also sure every single bomb isn't in the hands of terrorists just like in our world. Use your fucking tiny brain

The world of Naruto probably has nukes, doesn't mean they are gonna be used.

I didn't even say or even imply anything you said. I just said it was the best scene in the show and it wasn't people fist fighting each other. Learn to read

>>hurr durr why does the series focus on interesting nen users instead of random civilians
Like fucking who? Hisoka?

>But anyone can go to the battle tower and join huge crowds to watch people fight with nen
Nen users aren't common until the 200th floor. And at that point membership and viewership are invitation only, so it's unlikely that anyone who makes it that high either in terms of combat ability or influence haven't figured out what Nen is.

The fighters that don't get baptised and either die or figure it out after surviving.

And anyone watching a fight that doesn't know nen can't see what's going on anyways unless the ability is conjured. It will look like magic to them.

In real life a terrorist needs thousands of pounds of explosives if they want to kill hundreds of people. In HxH all a terrorist needs is a pacemaker sized device and they can kill 100,000s.

>megumin
>tits
kek

Why didn't everyone just make nen contracts like kurapica where they can only use their nen on ants (or even juts specific ones like the leader) so they can get a power boost and avoid dying in a needlessly violent manner?

It was the only heart shaped tit thing I could find without nipples.

Feelings are a big part of Nen. Kurapika has a personal grudge on the spiders. A random hunter probably doesn't have strong feelings about the ants, same way as I'm not torn apart by people dying on a catastrophy on the other side of the world, while I know it's tragic. And even if a random guy awakened his Nen from the peasant that saw their families massacred, Kurapika still trained his powers, and they were low of time.

you aren't trying hard enough user.

also this

Because the joke would get old faster.

>he thinks DBS is good
It doubles down on every flaw of db, which itself isn't perfect to modern sensibilities, but remains a classic for its innovation and top class fight paneling. To this day, even, I'll reread old manga and get taken away by the mix of whimsy, fantasy, and adventure.
Now characters get watered down to caricatures of their former selves, transformation on transformation gets layered, boring enemies appear whose only positive feature is that they are indeed a bigger threat than the last one, and you people will eat that shit up, and hide behind irony and spic memes to justify your poor choices in time management.
I hope you're all torrenting this shit.