Steins Gate 0

How likely is it that Kurisu is going to be disliked and labelled as a mary sue after the anime airs?

Kurisu is stuck in a phone in 0. Why would anyone think that?

0, she is and always will be recognized as a best

>mary sue
>couldn't even solve the equation of attractor field convergence
>didn't factor at all in Kyouma reaching Steins Gate

I don't think anyone can properly calculate attractor field convergence besides Okabe. He's the only one who actually sees the shape of time.

Her primary function in the story is to be a PTSD trigger for Okabe. If that's a Mary Sue, then I'm not sure.

Okabe is a pussy bitch

that is called a plot device not a mary sue, the latter requires her to be perfect and flawless.

Eh, sure but he went through lots of shit

Take that back

>requires her to be perfect and flawless.
She actually kinda is. Literal genius, instantly loved by the entire cast (and the people who don't are clearly portrayed as being wrong), cliche backstory that's literally "I was so smart it drove my father to insanity", good at everything, the entire plot revolves around her and she doesn't have any character flaws whatsoever (and no, her faux-tsun, doesn't count).

Yeah I know. In the original story you could consider her a Mary Sue, its just good that that she wasn't the main driver of the story, and it was Okabe. Hell, even Daru could be considered one considering he somehow has master hacker and pretty extensive EE capabilities.

That's basically how everyone thinks of him in SG0.

But how fucked would it be to realize that you're the one that killed the person that you grew to love in another worldline while going through a time loop back to where you started.

>has a bleeding bullet wound in the leg while surrounded by Stratfor agents at Radio Kaikan
>Suzuha and Mayuri are gone
>laughs it off and says he will never lose to fate
>some how a pussy

No, I think people are going to start calling her a homewrecker.

>le talented character = mary sue meme

>they actually replace S;G with the Elite version in their concert website
Chiyo you bastard

How is she a Mary Sue?

It's sad how they're actively trying to make Steins;Gate's aesthetic more generic. Maybe to bring it in line with the other SciAdvs.

"Mary Sue" is a shitty term, it's better to call her a one-dimensional Hollywood genius.

Did they at least bring S;G Elite with a 2018 S;G0 anime art style? The 2011 anime had some really bad animation.

>one dimensional
What the hell is a Hollywood genius anyway?

No, they literally re-use the 2011 anime.

Not that guy, but I guess its a Doc Brown/Tony Stark tier genius.

That's really lame, its not like even real fans of the series will buy it except dumb secondaryfags. Sounds like a very lazy attempt.

Doesn't have any flaws.

That being said, we'll probably get more A;C/DaSH info during the event.

They were too lazy to redraw all the sprites in 0 so this is just more of the same.

Steins;Gate is the only thing keeping SciADV and Chiyo alive. They're milking it for all it's worth.

The saddest thing about it is that S;G was only a success in the first place because it got properly adapted. But then they force a C;C flop by releasing it as a XBone exclusive and fucking up the anime.

So an actual Steins;Gate 2 is really going to happen at some point, isn't it?

As someone who disliked her in Steins;Gate, I thought she was much better as Amadeus in 0.
Well I shouldn't say I really disliked her in Stein's;Gate but she was pretty far from being my favorite character. She's pretty cute as Amadeus though.

Yeah, it was really annoying how unrealistically smart she was. Then Steins;Gate 0 came and made her even fucking worse.

Now Maho is more of what an actual genius would be like.

If Isaac Newton were fictional you'd bitch about him being "unrealistically smart" too.

Redoing the animation with new art style is more costly than making a VN anyway, so I can see their reasons for that.
Not like this will make the whole situation any better.

Not really, Newton was indeed a genius but he's way too overhyped by dumbasses that only know about him from television. He put together a lot of elements and studies that had been assembling for the past couple of centuries and happened to be in the right place at the right time, so to speak.

Meanwhile on Steins;Gate you get an otherwise perfectly normal teenager girl discovering groundbreaking stuff completely on her own in very short time. Again, they did "genius" right with Maho so I guess it was intentional, but still.

I honestly wouldn't complain about realism in Gate. This was a visual novel involving a guy accidentally building a time machine though fucking with his microwave and somehow compressing information in a humans brain using blackholes. It's got a lot bigger problems with Realism then a young neuroscientist.

Sure it would have been costly, but since re-makes in video games are the thing developers do now, it would have made more money than just copy and pasting old scenes from the 2011 anime.

thats called suspension of disbelief, which pretty much every single time travel media requires, except for that one movie, "primer" i guess

Maho treats her like one.

Exceptional talent isn't unrealistic user. Anyway, she was brought up on the physics behind this stuff for years and retained a very strong interest in it after her dad walked away. You can't truthfully say she just randomly came up with it.

Here's last year's banner for reference.

That one is nicer. Why does it have so much more on it than the later one though?

This. Maho and Suzuha have no respect for him and his suffering.

No idea.

what said
also, imagine going through dozens upon dozens of time loops trying and totally failing to save your closest childhood friend and having to watch her die in various, awful ways with no clear way to figure out what you can do to fix it. that would be enough to drive any man over the edge, and the fact that Okabe somehow managed to not off himself is amazing.

>Maho unironically compares watching his closest friend die painfully right in front of him at least tens of times to fucking up some experiments
I'm surprised he didn't lose it.

The fuck's the point of SVNs? Chiyo jumping off the SciADV train because he can't come up with a good way to beat the Committee?

At least he'll always have to come back to Steins;Gate, it's his only non-flop after all.

SVN and SciADV are the same thing user.

Explain

Considering neo-Sup Forums hates all the series this board used to obsess over 5-10 years ago I'd say very likely.

>Steins;Gate 2
>takes place in 2036
>Suzuha is the main girl
Well, why not.

All semicolon series are part of SciADV franchise, SVN according to Chiyomaru is just the franchise title for western market.
Occultic;Nine and Anonymous;Code still take place in different universe though, as of now.

Didn't Chiyo take that back, for some reason?

I don't think so, we haven't heard about that ever since.
Though I don't think Chiyo have properly decides on it, things may changes again this year.

Im looking forward to shits gay being panned to hell and back

>Suzuha is the main girl
Fuck yes. I want to learn all about her.

>shits;gay

he was a bitch at the start of 0, but redeems himself by the end.

But other than Suzuha, the sequel will have a whole new cast, new MC. Do you still want it, user?

It wouldn't make sense to completely remove the original cast, but focusing on a new group could be pretty cool.

>using the tits mcgee art

That's the only way they can sell Occultic;Nine now.

Is there something wrong, user?

What kind of story would that tell? Gehenna Stigma and Reclusive Mother Goose covers Suzuha in post WW3 world.

What about a sequel where Okabe and Kurisu's kid is MC?

Well, she's on the cover.

>no western PC port

If people didn't think she was a Mary Sue after Gate why would they think so after an anime she isn't in?

As long as we get heart-warming flashbacks to her youth.

Any kind of stories will do, as long as time travel still become its main topic.
>a sequel where Okabe and Kurisu's kid is MC
Yeah, and they'll call that kid Kagari

>Kagari basically being a discount Kurisu is only ever brought up in one world line and thats just for an Okabe PTSD episode
>never expounded upon
What was even her point

el psai congru

>takes place in 2036
Suzuha's fucked either way.

A;C is part of a different universe. Suzuha is fine.

>2011 was 10 years ago
really makes you think.

>What about a sequel where

No fuck no please just leave it alone for the love of holy god Please I beg of you it's not needed

>implying they won't retcon it back into S;G universe

What? There's a perfectly good translation patch freely available.

Too late user, it's going to get one no matter what.
Though I won't mind a loose sequel, something like C;C.

Does it have to be a clone of Kurisu? Why not a child that has both Kurisu's and Okabe's looks. Such as, Okabe's black hair and Kurisu's violet eyes.

You dumb? Kagari was important in a bunch of world lines. She was only discount Kurisu when she had the memory implants.

>Too late user, it's going to get one no matter what.

I won't let that happen. I won't.

Robotics;Notes was the last good Sci;Adv

Maybe something like this.

Imagine how fun it would be to manhandle her tiny body. I'd just walk around the house looking for things to bend her over and fuck her on.

>sg vn was on sale on steam 2 weeks ago, but I forgot to buy it
>now I have to wait for it to go back on sale
>might not even work since lol linux wine
reee

No. Stop trying to meme magic Kurisu into not being popular. She's one of the few things that Zero didn't entirely fuck up.

Along with Moeka and Maho, right?

>implying it's not already in the same universe, just on a different world layer

Why is it that I think of Lintahlo instead of Rintaro?

I don't know why but I'm picturing a spinoff where Kurisu tries to use a time leap machine for whatever reason and it just ends up crashing that layer of the simulation.

Just pirate it? You're only paying for it to give them money, what does it matter if it's on sale or not?

Is that purple hair?

Leskinen is just too good at brainwashing.

LOL

>IGN

An angel..?
Are those floating feathers of light blessing me, or...
Ah, I see. I understand. She'll use that to do me the favor of killing me.

Kurisu and Okabe's kiss scene was a mistake, they should've held it off for the S;G worldline

Makes her sacrifice more tragic