Batoto closing down

>batoto closing down

I know I'm slow poked as fuck but damn

Is Japans Manga industry dying?

No
There are many other sites to get your fix
git gud

How would a manga piracy place shutting down have anything to do with the state of the Japanese manga industry? You people are way too obsessed with this site. Hopefully it closing leads to mass suicides.

If anything, the industry is healthier than ever. The internet has given a voice to millions of queers who otherwise wouldn't have a chance to share their faggoty story.

Everything is always dying all the time.
Be the change you want to see or accept it.

You do realize Batoto is a piracy website?

How does Bato.to closing down lead yo to the idea that the manga industry is dying?

batoto is fucking garbage
mangakalot is for champs

>thinking batoto shutting down has to do with Japan's manga industry
Holy fuck how fucking stupid are you?

Who is this batoto guy and why should I care about him?

An online manga reader that everyone got obsessively attached to for some reason and now everyone thinks the sky is falling because it's shutting down. There are manga scanners stopping what they're doing because of it. It's ridiculous.

Fuck off retard

What the fuck does batoto have to do with Japan's manga industry?

You don't realize that all other sites rip from Batoto?

Sounds like scanlators will have to actually upload to multiple sites or make torrents/upload to mega for their stuff.

All the scanlators upload only to Batoto. The other websites, mangafox, kissmanga, mangakalot, mangahere, etc use bots and rip from Batoto. Without Batoto those sites can't get any more manga and they sure as hell ain't setting up bots for every single scanlators website.

shut up retard

They won't. They all said they will upload to their own website and the other manga sites won't set up bots to rip from them. So getting updates on manga will be infinitely harder now.

>Is Japans Manga industry dying?
You are an idiot, of all industries you'd question the fucking manga industry?

It'll be okay, anons. There's already Baka Updates and if that doesn't work someone will make a site that helps people find scans. They'll get uploaded to torrent sites, if not by the scanners than by others. Putting all your eggs in one basket just leads to this situation where people think manga scanning will entirely die because one site shuts down.

>will be infinitely harder
Will be just like it used to be*

do you even know how easy this is to fix?
this is like that nyaa scare all over again

>This topic again
Batoto owner quit because he wants vacations. All the admins stated they're working out on a replacement site. They all have full owner's permisson to copy everything they need.
tl;dr: Batoto is going to change name, at most.

In the days of dial up connections*

>he was using batoto this whole time

the connection speed was the only challenging part of getting it back then.

I hope it's soon.

Once things become easy, it's hard to go back.

It's easy to fix. But for a while it will be dark and this isn't like anime where they will upload their torrents wherever. Scanlators hated pretty much every other site besides Batoto. So if a new one comes up, the hard part will be convincing the scanlators to upload there. However, in the end it will be fine, but this downtime really sucks.

Speaking of baks updates are there any backups for it?

if it went to something actually challenging I could see that but it's really not that bad. you'll see a couple chapters of a given series come out before a replacement is up and you can just check the scanlator site for that little.

I'm following 414 series at this moment. It's impossible to check that many scanlator websites.

I have a hard time believing you're actually getting anything out of anything you're reading since you're reading so many at once.

is it really impossible?

> go on Sup Forums manga dev irc
> P!=NP shit

You're right, I legit have a hard time differentiating one manga from the next. I remember each individual story but it takes some time to remember and like 60% of them are the generic isekai mangas.

I mean Batoto had a centralized feed which gave me all the updates. But searching through god knows how many scanlators website will take a couple hours everyday.

I'll give you that it's an inconvenience but if you have the free time to read 414 series at once

I don't read 414 everyday. On average I get around 10 new chapters a day. Which only takes about half an hour a day to read. So I really don't spend all that time on Manga.

what's that

So when's this shit biting the dust? Thought it'd be dead by now.

wouldn't it be fun if we go all IRC again

The anime industry almost died with nyaa, but we saved it. We can save manga too.

Yes, indeed. Whatever shall we do. Everything is fire. We're doomed.

Mangadex.com

>posting the site sponsored by reddit

And batoto which forced us to sign up in order to use it are /ourguys/?

No

For some reason, according to admin, Adsense doesn't allow loli and lewd stuff. Yet the yaoi stuff aren't purged. I never understood that, or maybe admin was just making excuses.

>The state of some website is somehow linked to a century-long industry and determines the fate of said industry
what even?

Why wouldn't you sign up though, the RSS feed was the real reason to even use batoto

People who for some reason think batoto dying will have no impact are retarded. It is the source of content for all your favorite shitty compression sites. It's the source of a lot of Godoka uploads. It was the home to a lot of nameless, siteless groups who ONLY uploaded there.

This is a big deal, even if you didn't use it. Hopefully the DB will be preserved and a new similar site can be created.

Yeah, it's gonna die. The anime industry already died with NyaaTorrents.

>Anime dead
>Manga dead
Does this mean we're free?

If people can't adapt then they deserve to die. There's plenty of ways to release your scans that aren't the dozens or hundreds of other manga sites if you for some reason hate all of them. It's like thinking there'd be no way for small musical groups to release their music anymore if Bandcamp died. It's a complete non-issue that might cause a small speedbump for some groups but then they'll adjust.

well, back in the 90's, if a site was 5 years old it was ancient. now you just kind of "expect" these things to last forever. almost like your neighborhood mall.

it's still said

No, we still have LNs

>Yet the yaoi stuff aren't purged.
That's progressive you know

Raildex will save bato.

We are bato now.

Yeah, it's retarded. How many gay couple got caught sexually abusing and/or raping little boys again? Banning pedo stuff won't do anything IRL terms if nobody does anything to them too, especially their underground human trafficking social network. You can't really expect a bunch of deviants to understand rules and taboos like normal people do.

Dunno why they removed translator groups links from their pages

>How many gay couple got caught sexually abusing and/or raping little boys again?
Like 2 or 3 maybe?

>batoto closing down
>I know I'm slow poked as fuck but damn
First of all, fuck your reddit spacing.
Second, batoto is a pirate site, not a single money went from batoto management to author's pocket.

no, fan translators and leeches like most of the people here who read manga and don't buy the manga do not affect the japanese manga industry in any way

all it will do is significantly diminish availability of manga for a while since scanlators will be massively decentralized without batoto available as a content aggregator, but eventually people will develop sites to link scanlator sites together. some tougher times are ahead but weebs that are smarter and more dedicated than you will develop workarounds while you continue to suckle off the fruits of their labor without contributing to the effort or industry in any way. you sad, lonely, pathetic crybaby.

Kek, I remember a retard tweeted a manga author proudly saying the scanlation continue again, then the author just say fuck off.

I just started reading Sumire and if it's actually about his dead daughter I'm gonna shit my fuck

You know the website wasn't run by the Japanese manga industry. You want replies in your threads. You are a collector of replies. Or am I wrong?

You're not only slow but pretty dumb as well

Not really. It's doing pretty well. Not the highest, but far from its worst years. Hell, besides from raw sales, I reckon manga in general is doing super well. An incredibly varied number of series are shooting up to the mainstream, stuff you wouldn't see do THIS well 10 years ago.

Wait, who's dead daughter? There aren't really any male characters, is there a new arc?

Yes, the entire industry was dependent on this one website, you'd think they wouldn't put all their eggs in one basket like that.

>streaming manga
Why is this ok?

It's the same unless you're reading physical manga.

Exactly, so no reason not to download, preferably via P2P to offset bandwidth costs from the host server.

When will we ever learn to never keep all our eggs in one basket? Haven't we learned from the end of Macross that we need to spread everything out so we don't face being wiped out?

Fuck Batoto for shilling into PLEASE REGISTER NOW

Good that I used mangafox and mangahere and obscure chinese sharing sites all the time.

Look how right I was all along, and how wrong you scanlator cocksuckers were. Who's the cancer now?

I'll say it a thousand times, all that needs to happen is a new manga site that generates magnet links for everything that gets uploaded. Let the users share the burden of bandwidth; even if people aren't willing to donate or view ads, there will be people willing to seed. If someone wants to rip chapters from the site, they're more likely to just snag the torrent than to configure a bot to scrape all the pages. The torrents will at least have other people seeding at least some of the time, taking the burden off the site.

As for online readers, well, we have plenty of those still, don't we?

Why is batoto closing down ???

Owner got tired of it, not even willing to pass it off to someone else.

leddit seems to be pushing mangadex

The site's still up though. What's up with that?