Remember, stop pirating and buy a subscription to a LEGAL streaming site! It's worth every penny!

Remember, stop pirating and buy a subscription to a LEGAL streaming site! It's worth every penny!

Other urls found in this thread:

dropmefiles.com/YGqya
dropmefiles.com/BK8L1
youtube.com/watch?v=bvq8KbQwvR0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is that an actual mis-tl?

Netflix fucked up hard.

Yup, the anime is Violet Evergarden.

so who had the correct translation?

>netflix sub just renewed 2 days ago

His name is Claudia because his parents wanted a girl.

Netflix thinks she calls him Claudia because she's bisexual(?).

so did they fug?

No, Netflix simply fucked up. Since Cattleya doesn't make the subject explicit, whoever was translating got confused and wrongly assumed who she was talking about.

What the fuck netflix

Yes and she called his name in bed.

Not some random women's name. His own name, which is Claudia.

Who's singing the ending? it really sucks

wew, Netflix's isn't even coherent.

reminder that violet wants to know what is love

take you're autism pills

FMA did it better.

Based Netflix saving anime and delivering Kyoani's masterpiece in the most precise manner

well, they are trying to save Violet at least. I mean Netflix's translation, implying Claudia was a transsexual was legit the most exciting thing to happen in this anime thus far.

It really isn't, which is mind-boggling for me.

or maybe they'll going for the sense 8 crowd

baby don't hurt me

Them fucking isn't canon until its shown. Full penetration and all.

They'll fix it by the time it comes to American Netflix this Fall.

You're right, she could have just laid down in bed and shouted a girl's name. What a twist.

All I see is the horrible banding and compression artifacts in the asenshi release.

Why the fuck is this not in my country's Netflix, if Netflix got the exclusive rights for distribution?

Holy fuck, if region locked content and exclusive stuff from each of the streaming service is going to be the norm, fuck them all.

>using a downscaled jpeg that has probably been recompressed several times to judge encode quality

Are you retarded?

Why sell rights globally and to multiple companies when they can charge extra for exclusive deals by region?

Why would jpeg compression make the left half of an image look like shit while keeping the right half perfectly fine?

So every country that Netflix didn't get the rights over is fucked from watching it legally? That is just retarded.

ignoring the second line, it looks like she's saying that he was calling out another girl's name while they were doing it
it just doesn't make any sense in context

dropmefiles.com/YGqya
dropmefiles.com/BK8L1
Check my edit please.

Who the fuck names their son Claudia? None of it makes sense.

Stop being a fucking EOP.

I was able to immediately understand what she meant.

She says the man has a girly name and that it feels awkward calling out the name Claudia while she is having sex with the man because his name is so girly and people without any context would assume she's having sex with a woman based on the girly name.

They need to fix up their translations. I think the studio making this should be fuming at them.

A chance to earn money from western viewers and netflix fucking blows it.

Please write shorter sentences, Sup Forums has made me too retarded to process sentences of that length nowadays.

Just kidding, I agree.

that's understandable in the vivid-asenshi, but netflix only has the most barren of hints to that. it's an outright terrible tl.

the real question is, why the fuck do the subs and the dub not use the same script?

99.99% of viewers will never ever realize the mistake.
That's the beauty of the japanese language, it's such an archaic and hard language that only turbo autists like me bothered to learn it.

Oh so Netflix just fucked up translating that scene. I was thinking I was just retarded for not understanding their conversation. Phew..

You don't have to match text up to mouth flaps.

>it's such an archaic and hard language

but why translate it twice? it boggles the mind.

>SOV
>hard

Yeah, why the fuck

With subs you can be as detailed and accurate as you want, but dubs they have to change the narrative a bit to match the timing. If they'd use the dub script for the subs, people would be upset with the shit translations.

It's true though. For a westerner it's one of the toughest languages to learn.
Even autists struggle with kanji that have a bunch of unique readings.

Other than mouth flaps, there's also the fact that we write different than we speak. I would imagine the script gets edited by a script writer for dubs.
I'm fairly certain it's common practice that dub scripts are different from sub scripts. I haven't checked many shows, but sometimes when I grab a dual audio release I throw on the dub to see how bad it is and it's often different from the subs.

changing for the dub script is one thing, but if the error is in the sub unchanged, then the error should be in the dub and even worse.
I really can't imagine how this happened.

I agree that memorizing Kanji and their readings is hard but I think the language itself is simple.

Learning the language isn't easy, but the real hard part is actually using the damned thing because it's so vague.

actually, that's not true. they probably have two different translators work on different scripts at the same time, probably on comission, and therefore rechecks aren't done on the subs.

>Herkz will defend this shit

>99.99% of viewers will never ever realize the mistake
That's the problem, it's ruining their work.

Shitty and frustrated parents.

>cartel defending Crunchy/Netflix
What?

Netflix can't even get the subs right on English language shows, I've watched Brit shows with the subs on because of the thick accents and there will be entire lines of dialogue missing.

This is a thing that he does.

Probably because they themselves are having a hard time deciphering the britbongnese.

then get a fucking translator.

Volume 7 was good.

That's kind of hard, I don't even think Brits know what they're saying themselves.

Blackadderused "my sides" before it was a mey mey.

youtube.com/watch?v=bvq8KbQwvR0

Netflix makes sense though. The statement "Hey, then treat me to dinner, Claudia" is unrelated to "just because you wanted a girl..."

Cattleya is implying that while he was porking her he wanted a girl so badly he started screaming the name of his future daughter. It has nothing to do with his own first name, that was just her teasing him and then teasing him more. Granted vivid asenshi sounds better but Netflix makes perfect sense.

I don't see why everyone is confused.

>while he was porking her he wanted a girl so badly he started screaming the name of his future daughter.
That is many layers of fucked up

You dont have to match words to it either. Its nit like the mouth flaps are actual letter based like in western animation. Its just flapping. Poor excuse.

>Cattleya is implying that while he was porking her he wanted a girl so badly he started screaming the name of his future daughter
??????????????????????????

Having words with no mouth flaps and mouth flaps with no words is incredibly awkward. It's literally THE stereotypical "foreign film dub" joke.

I didn't realize what the mistake was but it's the only line this season where I had a ? above my head

>Paying to stream
>Watching streams in general

もう学べたけど

You know, they where doing that thing adults do at night while passionately holding hands.

Thumb wrestling?

I don't know of anyone that would cry out their kids' names during sex.

People can stream in 1080p and even 4k nowadays.
Though not in downunder land with it's shit tier internet.

It is a form of wrestling I suppose

Think of someone calling out their lucky numbers while waiting for the lottery results.

It's meant to invoke good luck. Again, it makes sense why Claudia would be embarrassed over Cattleya bringing it up.

I'm from Australia, I got 100 down 40 up. I mean it's still not great but it's definitely sufficient to do what you just said.

Wait, so people aren't shitting on Asenshi now?

I generally agree with that sentiment, but I think that the syntax can get really confusing.

Jesus. And here I seriously thought Cattleya was talking about a session of love-making they had shared, where he had called out the name of the daughter he wanted to have with her as he came inside her.

Fuck Netflix.

It's not that it's confusing, it's simply that the translation is wrong. That's not what she is saying in Japanese.

I was wondering if I was just retarded or if the translation was terrible.

>99.99% of viewers will never ever realize the mistake.

Considering that Netflix's translation makes no sense, I'm sure at least some of them will be scratching their head.

That's genuinely angering.

I didn't realize the mistake, I just thought the writer sucks.

「学んだ」って言うべきでしょう

That's true tho

Not Perth man..

Kept thinking something along those lines too but then I rewatched it to see if I had misread anything and it made even less sense.
Whoever translated that didn't give a shit, if he had just read over it a second time he would have realized that he must have fucked up at some point.

You're seriously retarded.

>Vivid-Asenshit being better than official subs
Wow, never thought I'd see the day.

WHERE DO YOU COME FROM MEME GIRL

WHERE DO YOU GO

You missed LWA.

Those were shit on both ends though.