How can this be so popular?

It marks the beginning of a new standard for anime in general.
We've had more than enough cute girls being retarded, male protags being mentally challenged, and anime being mass produced by slaved from abroad.

The time for adult stories with adult characters being told with masterful animation and OST is here. While Sup Forums may not really like it, the chinese are drooling themselves over it and that's where the money is at.
If it keeps doing this well in China the industry will take notice in no time.

>how can people be so butthurt over it?

It's definitely not the worst thing to get popular.

Saber is a slut

I wish I was Saber.

She just needed her mana replenished

It's called publicity, I wonder how much money Kyoani spend for this project, I will throw a party if it doesn't even cover the what the staff spend on meals.

Too late. Episode 2 made kyoani almost 10 million dollars in China alone.

I keep telling you but you still don't listen. Bilibili has always offered episode 1 for free and the rest of the episodes will have a timed paywall.

Have we met?

i wish china would make decent tv anime.
they surely wouldnt have moe/ecchi

Do Netflix releases ever get released to bluray or is this going to stay streaming exclusive?

KYOANUS name.

Chinks already have mahou shoujo.

Past netflix "exclusives" suggested they will get a BD release

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IVE SPAMMED FOR MONTHS AND Sup Forums STILL LIKES THE SHOW WHAT THE FUCK ALL THAT TIME WASTED FOR NOTHING HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I love autist girls because they remind me of myself, it can't be helped!

she's spilling all the mana

Kek

I want to lick it all up!

How dare you correlate that kyoani try hard AOTY bait shit to the masterpiece that is Texh.

Unironically agree, as long as the story pans out, it's on its way to being the best anime ever created.
Look at all the cash pumped into this w/ netflix backing. It's gorgeous, clearly a flagship.

can't let all that mana go to waste

reminder that violet wants to know what is love

Popular? It seems to be crashing in sales.

>it's on its way to being the best anime ever created
Really dude?

Yes really. Name me something that looks as good as this does

Death March

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH

The reason Violet Evergarden's is gaining so much traction (aside from being the newest KyoAni production) is because it is the anime equivalent of Oscarbait.

After seeing snippets of this anime, doesn't it seem that there must be something worthwhile about it? After all, it's a character-focused down-to-earth story with a traumatized robot not!Saber as the MC, set in an exotic country, starkly contrasting the SoL shonen isekai harem shit dominating the market, and it's got very high production value to boot. It's unlike all other anime currently airing, the studio is clearly passionate about this anime, and it's got all the signs of being a deep and thought-provoking story. 'This HAS to be a good anime', people conclude after just a cursory glance over its MAL page.

Well, that's how people get suckered in, because that's what Oscarbait does.

By dressing up even the most basic and overdone of stories with good animation, emotional music, a romantic setting, slow and long 'thought-provoking' camera shots, romanticized display of life, and josei-esque empathic ikemen male characters to complement the female MC who are there to attract the female audience, the majority will know through conditioning that they're watching something very unlike everything else and something for intelligent people. Yet because of that preconception, the majority is bound to overrate anything that happens within the Oscarbait, because they believe there must be more to it even if they cannot articulate themselves at all what 'that' is, praising it for things which most competitors on air already do equally as good or better. Which is why it already sits on a 8.6 on MAL.

This is by no means a judgement on Violet Evergarden's quality, but merely an obversation on how it passes itself off and people's open reception towards that. It's as if nobody would have cared if this had ok animation and took place in a Japanese high school, but with the story and characters suitably intact.

Nips have shit taste

it's superior to love live sunshine

It's a great show.

It's ironic because she knew what love was the entire time but her bf was dead before she realized it!

BRAVO KYOANI!!!!!!!!!!! 10/10 AOTD!!!!!!!

Because KusoAnus is producing it.

The King's Avatar?

>the majority will know through conditioning that they're watching something very unlike everything else and something for intelligent people
But this is about as generic as it gets.

it's shit

K Y O A N I
Y
O
A
N
I

Might as well get a trip at this point. You're easily recognizable. Being a kyoanus licker and a VEG fanboy myself, I do appreciate the work you are doing in these threads. You're the only one who has managed to successfully fight back waves of shitposters with your weaponized autism.

You're mistaking me for the LN autist aren't you?

Too many people are critical for not really good reasons. I say find something that you will enjoy in the show if you are going to continue to watch it. VEG has quite a few things to enjoy, including shitposting on Sup Forums

What publicity? They've hardly done anything more for this show than they did for their other shows.

Netflix has as much to do with VEG as Crunchyroll with all the anime they stream. Netflix just outbid everyone else for the streaming rights and paid extra to slap the misleading "netflix original" label on it, that's it, they have no other involvement in this project. Secondly, that's not how anime production works, you dumb niggers. It won't look magically better if you throw stacks of money at it. So far they have as many animators working on it as they had on Hibike and Maidragon, which is 3-4x less than the industry standard, for the same budget. It's all about skill, work discipline, time management and proper scheduling.

>adult show
>adult characters
>implying this isn't a show about a moe girl learning to love
It's hardly a cut above.

What's so moe about killing people and suffering?

I mean it's not very popular here and that's all that really matters to anons.
Some guy keeps spamming threads but they are filled with samefaggotry and can never reach bump limit, not even with shit posting or OP posting over 400 times himself.

The show just doesn't feel organic, it's like an industry plant of the anime world.

This, wtf are you thinking OP?

First episode literally has an autistic 10/10 girl undressing without a care in front of a guy and wanting to learn how to love.

This is self-insert otaku virgin fantasy #95714814191

>The time for adult stories with adult characters
Are you serious. It's been literally nothing but teenage soap-tier drama and crying, and obscenely boring. Ameagari is more rooted in maturity than this and it's a fucking romcom.

Oh well, at least you've got the premise wrong. Check Netflix statistics, half as many people watched episode 2 as episode 1, it's fucking tanking.

Heh Mods deleted my nsfw image here, but didn't delete my nsfw image and 20 ip's in other thread. Lazy faggots

Shhh you can get banned for this shit again.

>let me find an excuse to get your number!
>huh! where did she go??

>let me snort his fucking shirt oh yeah that's the good stuff

>I like you
>Thanks! a-ha-ha-ha
>Huh?
Great stuff there mate, really top quality stuff that doesn't make a show flop right at episode 2.

>what is bilibili

This, OP is a faggot.

I know right? Some of the jokes are cheese and it still manages to have a general level of dialogue, character personalities and tropes at a more mature level than Evergarden. Not sure what kind of people are in this thread but it's the kind that make me embarrassed to be a part of this community.

Fuck off, i can post whatever i want mods can't find all my ip's.

Oh no, the poor community. Fuck off woman nobody gives a shit about your self insert fantasies of fucking old salarymen, holy shit.

What? Why are you angrily attacking me? Weren't we discussing anime?

this, this, this

This show is one of the most offensive things I've seen in anime.
With this much production value something great could be done but instead we get a polished turd.

You're beyond salvation for calling snorting an old dude's shirt and going NANDATTE mature. Go read 50 shades of shit or whatever, just go be a dry cunt somewhere else.

Nope they find you, you autistic newfag.

really, you could think "hey it's pretty bland but at least it has great visuals" but in fact you end up thinking "wow why does this garbage get to look so good" through some weird mental process

I didn't. You don't understand spectrums within a relative context? What the heck. I guess the lack of basic understanding of logical principles makes sense as you're just insulting me instead of defending your position.

I understand retarded romcoms, retarded tropes and painfully average shoujo characters when I see them. I also recognize a woman/faggot when they try to defend this kind of drivel on some backwater vietcong carpet weaving site.
Shoosh woman.

Let's see if they can.

1 ip

1080p true resolution
WW1-WW2 era setting
Not another high school setting anime

The last one really is a sticking point to why this show has more followers than average. The word "overused" does not begin to describe how much Japan uses the high school setting in anime.

2 ip

>We've had more than enough cute girls being retarded
>VEG

I disagree nigga. Amaegari has great direction and it actually handles characters close to what real people behave. Unlike this retarded show.

Big cock and 3 ip

> they surely wouldnt have moe/ecchi
Hate to break it to you.

If that's your's you should get that dark spot checked out. Probably nothing but could be a form a skin cancer. Better safe that sorry.

futa dick and 4 ip

> We've had more than enough cute girls being retarded
You mean like Violet?
> mass produced by slaves from abroad.
Nothing changed, they just used more slaves this time.

Real people don't fall in love with old average joes because they did a little magic trick, real people also don't snort old dudes' shirts or act like a spaz all day long.
And they said VEG was the show for women, fucking hell.

Slut saber and 5 ip

oops didn't work

if the mods find all my 10 ip's in this thread and not just delet nsfw images i wold be impressed.

You're fucking autist, what the fuck are you doing?

Nothing special, just a test.

how many real anons here?

Sup Forums is one person it's all my ip's

But what does my alleged gender have to do with anime? You are very bad at arguing.

That means, i'm talking to myself?

Yes you do you fucking retard.

Ahh i get why everyone so autistic then, because i am autist myself.

Popular amongs who? Elevens are saying its shit and almost every thread of VEG in Sup Forums is about how boring is. If you are taking in consideration MAL ratings you should stay there.

people fell for a meme, thats pretty much it. Give it another week and people will get bored of this snapchat filter masquerading as an anime.

>We've had more than enough cute girls being retarded

babbys first existential crisis anime
>marks the beginning of a new standard for anime
>robotic girls with no emotions have been around since the fucking 80s

the only retort they have to this is "muh 5 million views"
yet that was episode 1, and ask you mentioned, the viewership halved already. in episode 2
lmao

heh deleting NSWF image is easy, how about delete all my ip's from this thread?
I can post them if can't find them mods

Yeah right, fuck off, nigger.

Stop talking to yourself idiot.

Because I want not not Saber to know what love is