EP2PV: youtube.com/watch?v=V9X_lqdryG4
twitter.com/DARLI_FRA/status/953914915911229440

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strelitzia
ftd.com/blog/share/bird-of-paradise-meaning-and-symbolism
gardenguides.com/130996-bird-paradise-symbolism.html
flowermeaning.com/bird-of-paradise-flower-meaning/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What do you guys think of this show so far? About to start episode 1.

Its ok 10/10

Cliché first episode but has some interesting characters.

Episode 1 was pretty generic but it shows a lot of potential for development down the road. The consensus seems to be that it is similar to mecha anime from the 2000s, so it's all about how the story goes from here.

Also, 002 is easily the best girl this season.

>002 isn't a whiny bitch
>Hiro is generic MC "I'm good at nothing but suddenly I'm motivated and now I'm with the murder machine waifu"

They're going to have to fix Hiro, because I'm not dealing with some whiny faggot for the entire series.

Hiro didn't come across as a brooding loser to me. He was only feeling down because he had failed his activation test with Naomi a few days prior. I'm sure people have brought this up before.

>but suddenly I'm motivated
Can you really blame his dick for being motivated? He was fine anyway, he jumped into the robot literally the first opportunity he had and nobody had to tell him to do it.

It's will be worse than the first one, that's how animes made by bad studios always are, they try to hook you with episode 1 and they the quality decreases and then increases again in the final episodes

I'm interested in seeing how bad they fuck up the pacing/ending. Trigger and A1 are both notorious for being fucking idiots who can't write a good ending.

What the fuck is wrong with you people

>studiofags
This should be a bannable offence.

Wasn't the MC a smart/prodigy guy?
I think he is not into Naomi or something

Nigga everything out of both of them has had ass awful rushed endings. Look at KLK and LWA for example. Both had fuck all for proper pacing, and it resulted in both having super rushed endings. Meanwhile TTGL for example dedicated multiple episodes to its end.

I don't know, I can't watch anything made by DEEN.

Neither Trigger or A1 did write the story
Stop being a dumb studiokiddy

Hiro is a pervert with weird fetishes, clearly. Drop-dead gorgeous, naked teen girl in front of him, first thing he stares at are the horns. 0ni is probably right up his alley, Naomi was so normal she stood no chance.

Can you please stop replying to retarded studiofags? What matters is the staff. These idiots are either baiting or new as shit.

Do you think a studio is a hivemind or something? Tell me, what relation does the ending of KLK or LWA have to do with this show?

Because while studios are not a single hivemind, they have a reputation behind them and often follow trends. So far Trigger has kept up the trend of bad pacing and endings in every single anime they've made so far. It is obviously not guaranteed to happen again, but their previous track record tends to indicate it's a distinct possibility.

Yeah he was.
I read his character description before so I knew he was a former prodigy.
But in the anime I just remember HQ giving him special permission to stay and Naomi called it favoritism. The talk his friends have seem to imply that he can't face them after failing but they didn't state he was a prodigy. But in the manga Kokoro said he was their leader.

But I don't remember the anime stating it. I may need to rewatch.

No shit. That's how it always is.

Trigger has no hands in the story ya dummy

As far as studios go, this is an A-1 Pictures + Trigger + Khara collaboration. But the actual salient point is that it's made by ex-Gainax staff spread over those 3 studios.
Feel free to drop this subject any time. This is as much of a serious reply as you'll get from me. It's stupid.

> The studio has no hands in the story
Do you really thing A-1 + Trigger can make a good 24 episodes anime?

If being ex-Gainax member meant something then they would not be doing such bad anime

The only episode i've been waiting for all week, guess cause it's an ao so i can't just read the manga.

Reminder that EP2's storyboarding is done by Nakamura Shouko, who co-directed pic related.

>But in the manga Kokoro said he was their leader
I don't remember this happening

Look forward to episode 4.

>If being ex-Gainax member meant something
It doesn't. His point is that, if you want to pin this as a particular studio's work, it would make much more sense to call it a GAINAX show than a Trigger one. That's what the director (Nishigori Atsushi) wanted, for one, to make this an occasion for a reunion with his former colleagues from GAINAX.

Anno will come back and save anime

I'm pretty sure EP4 is directed by Masayuki.

>implying that's even a good thing

Just call Anno and tell him to make another story about a boy being forced to get in a giant robot.

If Hiro hasn't dicked 02 by the end of this show then this whole world is fucked.

I can't wait for episode 2, I've been waiting for it all week!

I also really look forward to seeing the OP

This is the same world that gives us an endless stream of cock block harem shows like TLR and so on. Would it kill to just have a show where the MC is manly AND fucks the bitches?

>I also really look forward to seeing the OP
Fucking same.

Anno is too busy ruining the Eva franchise and directing Godzilla flicks.

What I want is an epilogue where we see Hiro in the future with his cute wife (preferably 002) and their children, like in Nadia.

Ichigo Go Go!

Fuck your time skips. Just show them both naked in bed.

It's okay.

So we're all agreed that having sex in the cockpit could trigger a power-up of the mecha, but what would that power-up consist in?

More drills/spears obviously. Alternatively, the spear gets bigger or becomes a drill.

I'd like for that to happen earlier in the series, not the final episode. Kinda like in Kare Kano, you know?

Power of Cum

>animes

>Episode 4 is directed by Khara
>Anno's been working on the 4th Rebuild movie

If it's anything other than either titty lasers or a futa penis cannon I'll be disappointed.

I remember someone posted a partial translation, this part has Kokoro mentioning Hiro as their leader.

Same here.
I want to see the ED too. The official twitter and website are promoting it and announced the release date. I want to see new art.

certainly got a bit of a “first episode checklist” feeling from it but even that’s marked improvement over what TRIGGER has done previously, it's clear already that A1 has more input

01 is an immediatley interesting character
i want mc to be decent
i want the rest to be at least servicable
i'm hoping this is just going to be birth rate propaganda for japan

"Quality fan-service to filter casuals; you won't be missed normals.

Never knew robotbutt could be so good"

Yes he is, but Naomi was too weak to synchronize with him.

>tfw too small to fuck the robot

>01

fuck, I of course meant 02.

Creation blast
the side effect will be that the mecha gives birth to an avatar made from their genes making it basically their kid. So the mecha now has also a maintenace of sould - a kid that is well fed,
and has a good time with it's parents projects that wellbeing on the mecha and makes it perform better

What's the Chinese stream?

小さい頃から私達のリーダーだったのに。。。
>He's been our leader, even since we were little...

>futa penis cannon
Oh baby

>inb4 Hiro is a chad but in the current timeline, he is a depressed little shit.

Is this the new Code Geass of our generation?

This is actually a cool idea. Maybe that is how the mechas are constructed? I would modify it as the sex only releasing a gamete, which would then implant in one of those seeds they keep abandoning from the plantation. So, 002 and Hiro have sex in Strelizia, she realeases some spored, and they impregnate Naomi, or something.

Wew!

spores*

>no crazy bullshit chess
>no JIBUN WO
>threads aren't nearly as good

Rate her cuteness.

Thanks

He will die.

top 1 cuteness

Why is Cockna in a mech?

Should I watch her anime?

To repeat the best FF episode.

Don't forget to grab your woman by the pussy like a boss, darlingchads. Also, Nana > the rest.

Yes, but ignore the overarching plot

Next question. Should I watch Mawaru Penguindrum?

Yes

Absolutely.

Hell yeah

Okay.

Those hours feel like centuries
It was better than I was expecting. The first ep is a nice set up for the main pair which is Hiro and 02 and the world seem interesting enough. Now is just up to the rest of the characters not to bring it down

Why do you even need to ask you little bitch? It's one of those rare anime with an honest to God Chad in it, like only Ikuhara knows how to do.

prodigy is confirmed on page 3
leader is confirmed on page 7

>02 way of marking her territory is by kissing
>Whenever she feels like it, or when she smells other girls scent in Hiro she kiss him
>Hiro doesn't know the meaning of a kiss so he doesn't pussy out when she does that
>We keep getting a kiss scene in almost every episode until he learns the meaning
>In the last episode Hiro kiss 02 by his own will for the first time

What a cute cuck.
Wish she is faithful to Goro than trying first to steal Naomi pilot and now 02 pilot.

>going for Cockna instead of the pink Oni

Only a homo would do that.

Meh. I don't like this sort of dragged out romantic development. Have them fuck as a first cour finale desu!

That stream of blood on 02's face along with the red plugsuit looked godly on her.

What do the mechs represent?
What does 02 represent?

[ Threadly Reminder ]

>Strelitzia
>A common name of the genus is bird of paradise flower / plant, because of a resemblance of its flowers to birds-of-paradise.
>The bird of paradise represents faithfulness, love, and thoughtfulness
>The symbolism generally associated with bird-of-paradise is freedom and good perspective. When a woman gives it to a man it symbolises faithfulness.
>The 9th wedding anniversary for a married couple
>Freedom and the ability to travel, due to the flower’s resemblance to birds in flight (note similarities with the bird monologue in episode 1)
>Magnificence, excellence and success
>Joy through challenges and successes alike
>Faithfulness in romantic relationships
>Optimism towards the future

Sources:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strelitzia
ftd.com/blog/share/bird-of-paradise-meaning-and-symbolism
gardenguides.com/130996-bird-paradise-symbolism.html
flowermeaning.com/bird-of-paradise-flower-meaning/

Naomi is just an average human being unlike super special Mary-Sue Oni; so his synchronization capacity is limited to a short timer before her body gives out.

He always a chad, even in episode one.
He a real chad who give a shit about other people rather than the imaginary insecure asshole that you created in your mind to hate for cucking you out of pretty girls in your life.

>dragged out.
A kiss in the first episode is better than 99% of anime.

what are the other plants the robots are named after?

Here on

Bueno?

>actually watching neon genesis eureka 7

kill yourself