Can we all agree that Dragon Ball was much better than all the sequels?

Can we all agree that Dragon Ball was much better than all the sequels?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FfWJcpX_ZZA
youtube.com/watch?v=hjve9s90DRU
youtube.com/watch?v=0aP55TeuDGA
youtube.com/watch?v=R4vjJrGeh1c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

we dont need to agree, its an objective fact

of course it was

toriyama designed dragon ball to be a "mystical adventure" hence the movie titles

then all this super saiyan shit came out in Z and barely anyone uses kicks and punches anymore.

Yes. The sequels are utter shit compared to the comfy adventures of goku and bullma.

It's one of the very few things Sup Forums can agree on.

Not. I recently read it again and oh boy, it sucks so much. It was basically Goku fun hour with bad gags and repetitive story. At least """""z""""" had high stakes and something to discuss about.

Of course this being Sup Forums the obligatory contrarian making an appearance is inevitable. No doubt he's disagreeing for the sake of it but that's irrelevant; anyone who does honestly hold such a shit opinion can safely be disregarded as too stupid to bother conversing with.

Z>DB>Super>GT

Did anyone forget about the Ultra Divine Water at Korin Tower? This shit is as bad as it's sequels barred GT.

Disagreed. DragonBall is shit compared to Z.

see
and enjoy your (you) as you won't be getting another from me.

Goku, Bulma, Yamcha, Oolong and Puar were the best main cast in the series. It would have been the cast of the 23rd Budokai if the dynamic didn't immediately disappear afterwards.

Yes.......OG dragon ball is really good. Also one of the few anime's I can watch the dub and not cringe

DB > DBZ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GT>>>>>>> DBS

The original Z (Japanese with original soundtrack)......is also great. But some parts drag. the emotion in it is all lost in the dub

DBS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DBGT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DBZ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DB

It's more or less the same really, with equal highs and lows. In terms of comedy/gag and action, OG DB wins hands down. In terms of characterization and overall plot, DB Z takes the cake. Arts of both have unique charms, OG DB has more details and uniqueness while DB Z is more streamlined and good panelling.

I personally feel that the Pilaf arc is a bit slow, but things really pick up afterwards.

I found Muscle tower to be the biggest slog watching the anime.

I miss it when it was just a silly fairy tale adaptation of ancient Chinese literature.

It was still dogshit written by a hack but at least it looked pretty in terms of art and paneling, which is more than what can be said of 95% of manga that come out today.

This could be eternal copypasta

>dragon ball
>super dragon balls
>saiyan
>super saiyan
>super super saiyan
Dropped that shit

That's the biggest compliment I've received in recent memory.

Fuck.

It's one single uninterrupted manga with no sequels or prequels. Learn to read.

I divide the Dragon Ball Manga in 3

From Pilaf to Krillin's death after the 22nd tournament.
Pilaf- 21st TB - Red Ribbon - 22nd TB
With Villains that wanted to use the Dragon Balls to wish for world Conquest and Tournaments for their pride as warriors.

From King Piccolo to Goku defeating Freeza as a Super Saiyan
King Piccolo - Piccolo Jr. - Saiyans - Namek
Heroes and Villains wanted to use the DBs to help their side. The Dragon Team had to save the world from world ending threats and it in the end Goku was the one that was able to defeat the big bad by himself.

From Future Trunks appearing to the End of Dragon Ball
Androids - Buu
Dragon Balls main use was only for resurrections to restore the damage caused by the villain.
Super Saiyan show with new transformations and techniques failing one after another to defeat the villains that get progressively stronger.

You didn't create this, I have seen it somewhere else, unless it was you that posted it.
Dragon Ball OG is so much better it isn't even funny. Even if the later series focused on fighting more, still the original has the best fights in the whole franchise.
>goku vs chakie chun
>goku vs tao
>goku vs king piccolo and piccolo
You might notice that Goku repeats a lot but the franchise was focused on him since those days so everyone that complains about Goku being the focus hasn't payed attention.

spic spotted

yes

Yes, but still generic shonenshit.

DB Tournaments were and are always going to be always the best Dragon Ball content. They were funny, actually had martial arts, had strategies, and muh powerlevels were not the main focus.

>muh powerlevels were not the main focus.
Wrong,

lmao, sure thing kid.
Z>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything
youtube.com/watch?v=FfWJcpX_ZZA
greatest moment in anime history

They are completely different, no need to compare.
GT tried to go back to adventure theme and everybody hated it.

I really wish we got more during the 23rd Tournament's time period, it comes after a time skip and it's the first we see Goku properly grown up but it's over as soon as it begins and another time skip happens.

The space adventure parts of GT were great. Then they get back to earth and it's all downhill from there because it's just imitating Z with non stop escalation of power levels.

I liked how the protagonist was the overpowered guy and the antagonists were crafty and had to use every trick they had to try overcome him in those tournaments.

It's an interesting dynamic you don't really see too often in battle shonen

Friend you forgot goku vs murasaki

>le hope of le universe
Fuck off.
youtube.com/watch?v=hjve9s90DRU

LOL no

No one cares about little goku having fun.

Yes.

Go away, Sanchez.

Anyone who watched OG DB would agree. I watched DBZ first and holy hell is DB way better.

Honestly the early arcs are very weak. Toriyama is clearly still on autopilot from Dr. Slump so everything feels like generic gags with only the somewhat different tone and designs holding the story together. It takes until the 22nd Budokai I think for the series to really hit its stride in having good characters, decent storytelling, and narrative stakes. This streak continues on to the end of the Saiyan arc with Vegeta vs Goku (and eventually others) being the best fight in the franchise. After that it's still fun but generally feels dragged out. Like Toriyama said in an interview, the Freeza fight was basically over the moment Goku gave him the Super Saiyan glare, everything after was a formality. But there was plenty of padding in that arc as it was. Cell was the absolute lowpoint, Buu at least brought some of the fun back even if it was also dragged out.

It was beter but still shit desu

Yeah, original Bulma was so fucking lewd and fapable compared to her other variants.

This

i now declare you man and wife

Let me guess, you think Linda Young Frieza is good too?

Dragonball Z is better because it had space Bulma

The only sequel to dragon ball is dragon ball super, so yeah, dragon ball is way better.

I didn't really think it was that exceptional.

I think that's a fact, no?

Of course, that was the best season after all.

Tao Pai Pai was great

He definitely saves the RR arc

Dragon Ball was good uptill Freeza saga ended
Afterwards it turned into shit. The series forgot about the Dragon Balls almost entirely and how important to the series plot they were all this time and it turned into a transformation-fest

>and barely anyone uses kicks and punches anymore.
Horse shit
They used kicks and punches way into the Freeza saga and even in Cell and Buu sagas(and I hate Cell saga)

Nah I loved Roshi, Tenshinhan, Kuririn, Chaozu etc.

>chakie chun
It's Jackie Chun
And you forgot Goku vs Tenshinhan, Yamcha vs Tenshinhan, Jackie Chun vs Tenshinhan

Goddammit why were Tenshinhan fights so GOAT?

Kill yourself you dumb underage teenager
When DB came out there was nothing like it

>stretched 16:9
>that awful video quality
here let me fix it for you friend
youtube.com/watch?v=0aP55TeuDGA

Also I fucking hate the Kai version of this scene. Fuck that shitty ass Yamamoto music. The original jap version with Godsuke Kikuchi's music is the best.

I'm not sure how anyone can dispute it. The writing was better, the fights were better, nobody got ludicrously overpowered to the point the rest of the fighters were relegated to observer status, etc.

>Honestly the early arcs are very weak.
>It takes until the 22nd TB to get good
Filthy pleb detected
Pilaf saga is God-tier

At least it only introduced one new form: SS4. Everything else Goku does to defeat villains in GT (Dragon Fist, Sprit Bomb, Fusion) were already pre-existing things. Super on the other hand just shits out power ups and new transformations all the time: God, Blue, Ultra Instinct, SSRage.

In manga form sure, I never liked the first anime

>short-haired Bulma
>good
no

>implying the Red Ribbon Saga is bad
Fuck off you dumb filthy plebeian retard
Red Ribbon Army is GOAT Dragon Ball Saga.

Can we all agree that Dragon Ball need be ban off of Sup Forums after Super end.

>nobody got ludicrously overpowered to the point the rest of the fighters were relegated to observer status
Goku did later on(especially in Piccolo Daimao saga and 23rd TB)
But that has never been the problem with any of the DB series

You're a gigantic contrarian faggot
Dragon Ball's anime was fine and barely had filler in it(what filler was in it was usually good and actually often contributed to the main story in a non-offensive way).

Now DBZ is another story.

No
Just ban Super threads instead
OG DB/DBZ and even GT threads are fine since they're for oldfags meanwhile Super attracts only millennial retards

>DBS is finally ending
>Watch DB up until death of Frieza
>Pretend it's the canon ending
Feels good

Hey, for someone who never read or watched anything about DB what should i do? Read whole thing, whatch DB + DBZ or another options? Or just DB series in enough?

Read the manga

What's wrong with Dragon Ball after Piccolo arc?

Which of the 3 sections is best and which is worst?

What do you think of DBS?

Only people that prefer Z are Vegetafags and Gohanfags.

Why did they change the music?

Can I be best man?

'murrica
youtube.com/watch?v=R4vjJrGeh1c

>The original jap version with Godsuke Kikuchi's music is the best.

What are his best pieces?

Never has a show been distilled into its most cancerous element as much Dragon Ball was with the creation of Super. It looks like a fucking Chinese knockoff for fuck's sake, to think we got here from wholesome adventures of monkey boy and friends.

I can live with that . How do we get super ban off of Sup Forums ?

Seriously Vegeta had acknowledged Goku was better than him THREE fucking times before the start of Super and I'm supposed to forget he did that and that he still thinks he can surpass Goku? Yeah fucking right. Fuck off Toriyama.

I still can't believe Yamcha was one of the original and now he's a joke, this is really sad!

I mean Vegeta still trying to surpass Goku isn't inherently a bad thing, it's his attitude about it and Super does it completely the wrong way.

Yamcha was always a joke

No, he was a loser, now he's a joke.

isnt it a bit too late for that?

Yes.
>Adventure, comedy and suspense equally balanced
>A good assortment of characters who can do things their own way and prove to be useful, even if they can't really fight
>Great art and progression throughout the story
>The anime accentuated some parts, giving you more of a good thing along with a great soundtrack that still impresses to this day
Dragon Ball was great, the timeskip (AKA Z) took a dip in quality, and not surprising the west fell in love with it.A shame we don't get too many Dragon Ball games focused on the very beginning to around when Piccolo Daimo was defeated. We always get Raditz/the Saiyan arc first and then Dragon Ball as an extra. How disrespectful.

131 episode of bullshit .

Because GT was fucking shit.

DB was great quality wise.

That is a big difference.

goatfpbp