Just finished shoujo shuumatsu

Just finished shoujo shuumatsu
im a bit confused
please tell me what to think of it Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DdxRGBui46Y
youtube.com/watch?v=5OFMXpkmLBQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>implying Sup Forums watches anything besides the top 3 flavour of the season cancer

The talking mushrooms at the end felt out of place. Not entirely meaningful and not entirely neglectable.
Atmosphere and songs are the bomb tho. Typical for slice-of-life-ish shows.

Dumping.

is was trash

but this was loved by all and had a 500 reply thread just die

>top 3 flavour of the season cancer
This was literally one of the most popular shows last season.

bad opinions are bad

The mushrooms were my favorite.

Oh was it?
Well im speaking of Sup Forums in particular jerking each other off about best waifus or gateway animes day in day out, i havent seen threads about shoujo shuumatsu yet

Were they some kind of heavenly beings punishing mankind for the war and ending the world for good or merely some species evolved to eat metal? And whats the deal with them just floating up to the sky?
Its some tryhard 2deep4u bullshit.
The anime ended even on the more grounded note of "whatever happens, we are happy to have each other". It felt like a forced philosophical turn.

>やこたき
We all do a bit of that, I'm lost without you my love.
>白ネギの指輪
Tkmiz, you should make dinner for us sometime.
>青空が
So beautiful, like you.

>i havent seen threads about shoujo shuumatsu yet
Must not have paid attention ALL SEASON LONG

nigga im not watching shit until all episodes are out
fuck waiting for the next fix, i wanna binge watch

The OST always makes me cry and depressed.
I still listen to it sometimes.

They just evolved to suit the dead environment as far as I could tell.

I don't think it was supposed to mean anything terribly complex. If anything it's just a note on how the earth reclaims all. Mostly just another oddity for them to experience.

I often do the same, but you have to realize in doing so you're behind the discussion and won't have a good grasp on the popularity of whatever you waited on.

Havent looked into the OST yet, are you referring to something besides op ed and the rain song?
Because quite opposite, those 3 never fail to lift my mood

youtube.com/watch?v=DdxRGBui46Y

I mean, did you actually watch the show? It's not like they took the approach that modern film does with its soundtrack, the songs were very noticeable.

終わるまでは終わらないよ

Oh yeah fuck me, i ignore these "background" type of songs and mostly dont notice stuff like that whenever its in a movie or show.
When i think of OST i think of compilations of "individual" songs (think GITS OSTs), this atmoshpere building stuff, fading in-and-out you are mentioning passes under my radar.
Its undoubtedly sad youre right.

This WAS flavor of the season cancer. Hell, it had some of the worst ducking threads with shit like that PARTY ROCKERS dabbing cancer.

Do we know the name of the track from the trailer?
youtube.com/watch?v=5OFMXpkmLBQ

To me it was just another cute girls doing cute things anime, nothing more and nothing less. In hindsight it reminds me of Gakkou Gurashi a little.

i know you feel for her in your heart, but you should know there's nothing particularly attractive about female mangakas. they're 5/10s at best

i feel you, i usually only livewatch one or two shows.
BUT THIS ONE WAS A MISTAKE
i'm blackpilling so hard hitting all the episodes in two days
i feel for these poor girls WHY CAN'T YUURI JUST EAT UNTIL SHE DIES HAPPY WHY?!

it's nothing like Gakkou Gurashi though.

I don't think you were browsing Sup Forums at that time

If you're confused on why Yuuri is the greatest girl ever, then you should refer to this list.
And if you think of something that isn't on here, please let me know and I will add it to the list.
1.She probably smells good
2.She is brave and selfless
3.Her attitude keeps spirits up
4.Her body is wonderfully proportioned
5.She has pretty eyes
6.Scientifically proven high adaptability
7.She gives off a sense of warmth and softness
8.She is beautiful.
9.Hair tastes good.
10.Great sense of rhythm.
11.She would keep you warm and share food with you.
12.She is good at pressing buttons.
13.She would be a good mother.
14.Right amount of crazy.
15.Knows how to operate all weapons.
16. Fat teats.
17.She is protective of those she loves.
18.She has no inhibitions.
19.She could make a great meal.
20.She is probably god.
21.She is the coolest person in the world.
22.She inspires creativity.
23.She is very strong.
24.She is difficult to digest.
25.She makes her friend happy.
26.She knows how not to embarrass her friend in heartfelt moments.
27.She always knows the way.
28.Not afraid to experiment with the unknown.
29.Well balanced.
30.Does not get hangovers.
31.Defends the weak.
32.Athletic, could have competed on an international level if the world hadn't ended.
33. Always helpful, regardless of circumstances.
34.Not ashamed by nudity, finds it to be liberating and beautiful.
35.Greatest philosopher of her time.
36.Can harness the power of the moon.
37.Stretchy and cute face.
38.Fears no man or beast, can defeat foes despite obvious physical advantages.
39.High intelligence.
40.Can discern between the inedible and edible.
41.Her body is warm and would be nice to cuddle with.
42.She is a survivor of impossible circumstances.
43.World's greatest riflewoman.
44.Quick reflexes.
45.Great at holding hands.
46.Greatest artist of her time.
47.Not too picky about things.
48.Great with pets.
49.Talented singer.
50.Can hold her liquor.

So many reasons, not enough space!
51.Possible descendant of Aryans.
52.God emperor of Dune.
53.Know how to FUSION.
54.Understands the complexity of human nature.
55.Cute giggle.
56.Understands the concept of death.
57.Probably fertile.
58.She would never abandon a friend
59.Very hygienic

Thanks user.
Now I love Yuuri!

Don't forget to thank all the wonderful people who have contributed to this amazing list.

>please tell me what to think of it Sup Forums
you enjoyed it, you wish more anime had a comfy yet bleak theme, you want nothing more than those girls to survive and be happy.

When the nihilism hits like a truck. [manga spoilers]

Maybe it was the decaying infrastructure of the city, unashamed machine worship, light philosophy, or cute potatoes, but the show/manga really clicked with me.

Left me both surprised and depressed.

At the very bottom, green grass grows, and a few hundred people yet live. One was a scientist who saved seeds and eggs. Another was a librarian who has every major book and many minor books all in a little chip. The woman and the man they had met are both there. Even a few robots are there, being prepared to go out and try to fix the city.

It's a beautiful place.

Everything's gonna be alright.

They'll make it to a quiet cafe out in the countryside, where there'll be smiling friends waiting for them with open arms and warm food.

Even the Kettenkrad will be there, fixed up and looking as good as new.

The robot they met will greet them at the door, his fish in a nice little pond out back.
The mushrooms will stop by and visit, even bringing the camera back, in perfect condition.

Everybody will gather round, and reminisce over all the memories inside it...

How shallow you are?

Yet the two girls are still up there.

Their corpses look like they're sleeping comfortably in eternal rest, while below them life, and the previous characters they met go on living.

How long do you think Chito will cry when she wakes up and finds that Yuu died of hypothermia before she did?

No.

please don't

yeah, what really hits me hard about stuff like this is it isn't just the "end of me" it's the "end of us". all the struggles, the pain, the accomplishments, of humanity, they end in such a whisper. hits harder because i'm also watching texhnolyze. they approach the same theme but with different causes
at one point, the people at the top-of-the-foodchain, in the world, just stopped giving a shit about existing. when the call of an invading and almost soul-stealing force is coming to destroy them, it's greeted with an "ok, thanks for the report" attitude. there's just no reason to fight against the end
i guess that's what hurts the most - the things you've grown to care about won't grow anymore

My poor Yuuri, having to eat snow.

Chito´s best friend

Sorry, the ending was pretty clear they're going to die. That's the theme of the manga: death is coming, how will you cope with it.

she can stuff herself with other things

Please don't say things like that.

MORE ONE NIGHT

It's very similar in terms of overall atmosphere. Don't confuse it with perspective that is general theme in School Live.

I WANNA SHARE A KOTATSU WITH CHITO!

I like to think that the potatoes are happy in another universe.

Why do you keep posting this?

Like a fucking clockwork.

He actually missed me last thread.

I did that on purpose so that you would starting to miss me

I enjoyed the reprieve, however our struggle must continue.

Funny how such a bleak and desolate setting managed to teach some nice life lessons.
Like seriously, humans are shit.

Like, totally. FUCK humanity.

Here's the (You) you so desperately want.

It's pretty sad that you watched an anime about the bond between two people and this is the conclusion you come to. People are equal parts nice and also shit.

Did you miss the part where the girls found the giant robot where a single button could destroy half a city? and when they viewed the camera's memory they saw there were many many of these robots?
yes, the show spent most of its time with these two girls but the picture it paints of humanity is a cruel one.

>ducking

Think its a commentary on human nature.

People are delightful until they feel threatened, then almost anyone can end up becoming a monster.

The video scene in episode 12 highlights the strong contraction in human nature.

Devilman Crybaby also brought it up with a more pessimistic perspective.

Contradiction. Duality of man.

>contraction

>contradiction

Is it too late to delete my post?

Get your 8 hours of sleep kids.

I just finished reading the manga.
Damn was it good, after where the anime left too.
I really wish they animate that part too, I want those feelings to hit even more like a truck being complemented by some great soundtrack, and by being forced by the animation to follow the right pace, instead of my bad habit of sppedreading.

This is one of the few times the anime really has to offer more than the manga.

The pictures scene in the sumbarine hit much more in the anime and I feel there are plenty couple more pages that have the same potential.

I cried a little when the kettenkrad broke, I guess I coul bawl like a little bitch if handle correctly in the anime

Season 2 when?

Eh, I liked the shrooms part, It gave something different from anything before in the plot a gave both a heavy sense of despair after telling the girls that there is no one alive down there anymore and giving the reader the oportunity to think what really are those. Biological weapons? mutants? a new lifeform formed by the ruins of civilization? ghosts?

What a waste...
In post-apocalyptic times like those, Tobacco and other vices would be worth more than gold to most people.

What happened at the end of the manga?

Did they found some civilization or just continue travelling?

They found nothing, but there's a tall tower(s) in the distance that some think is a space elevator of sorts.
We just have to wait and see if they're going to travel to it or not.

They still have three ration bars left, they're in good spirits, and they can always return to the kettenkrad down below if they feel the journey just isn't worth it.

It's not like they can sell it, anyway.

Oh, so it hasn't ended yet. I thought the last chapter already came out

>imagine being this optimistic(deluded)
They have no food, only rope, explosives and a knife, also it isn't a tower but page binding.

There will be an extra chapter that will come with the last volume on March 9 if I'm not wrong. But I'm worried if that new chapter will be before or after the current ending.

They have three rations bars left, water all around them, plenty of supplies (like you noted), and they're still in good health.
The possibility for their survival is high. It's all just a matter of reader perspective at this point.

The explosive pacakge was a pack of ration bars that Yuu took by mistake. They ate two before going to sleep.

There was even two of them!

>tower(s)

And conveniently they were right on seam where two pages meet, imagine that!

I know right? What are the chances?

This kind of makes me want a Tkmiz stylized fish patch.

would have been much better without potato face
anyone who says otherwise is just trying too hard to be contrarian

Fight me faggot

I kind of agree.

Would have been much better with entirely different main characters.

potato face was the only good part

t. watched five minutes before getting bored

what chapter of the manga does the anime end at?

Read it and find out!

Chito wasn't built for this.
She doesn't deserve any of this...

They both didn't deserve any of that but I guess that's the whole point of story, you gotta live with what you have and make most of it.

>Tkmiz
>female