Azumanga Daioh - 2018 Remastered Edition

I'm pleased to say that the first part of the Azumanga Daioh Remastering Project has finally been released. You can now enjoy this great anime in HD, the first 5 episodes are available below along with some more detailed information about the project!

Download archive: mega.nz/#!wYtVhbQT!ROwJ-nNJnnRc6c_24dkdzYjtS4Vzy-CKePwPZhsU3AY

Detailed info text file: mega.nz/#!8ZtCkAoB!fn52716k2pOpfqETnE_NL8Oq3kUJMFh-3gmmYWTZNyc

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si/view/965580
nyaa.si/view/837232
mega.nz/#F!SAFWhZZA!5cqeK0MpBnzTwNK90OlBNA
github.com/tp7/Sushi
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oh shit, thank you!

any preview?

Put the text file on Pastebin or something.

Sound unruly but can you host in GDrive? Mega eats too much ram and for larger file it limits the time

Could we get a few side by sides?

Darn. From the OP image I was hoping someone found a way to get rid of the faded anime colors in favor of something that looks more like the manga.

Not OP. Here's the Moozzi2 1080p release for comparison.

OP's release.

Blurays were a mistake.

Moozzi2 release.

OP's release.

What exactly did OP "remaster" when this guy's release looks better?

It doesn't look better?

>all this loss of detail
OP what are you doing?

I dont get it;
-> look better
-> blurry

What exactly did they remaster to make it look worse?

While there are some notable exceptions (Rose of Versailles comes to mind), Moozzi2's releases are usually the best available releases in terms of visual quality IMO. I realize this opinion is controversial and some think Moozzi2 goes overboard on the filtering, but it's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

>those lines

what
the
fuck

just stick to the dvds and let your client filter it

I like how OP's "remaster" somehow caused a portion of her mouth to disappear.

Is this a prank?

I should note that Moozzi2's release is not a direct rip of the BDs. It is a filtered release. It's just... Moozzi2 is good at filtering. OP is not. I don't have a copy of the direct BD rips to compare right now, but I do remember the Moozzi2 release to be a significant improvement on the direct BD rips.

OP's release is the bluray, not the DVD.

probably preserving the dithering in the gradients, which """implies""" (i quote this because i did not look at the 480p rips) he's preserving the original. however there's a lost of details in the lines

Moozzi2 rips LOOKS cleaner, but it's because he filters all his rips to hell it deviates far away from the original source. it's all subjective, but if you wanted something that was straight from a proper JP BD rip (whether it existed or not) without the astronomical size you wouldn't go for Mozzi2 for archival purposes

Jesus fucking Christ mate.

OK, I found the before and after comparisons that Moozzi2 posted when he released it. Before is the raw BD rip, after is the Moozzi2 release.

Before.

After.
Yeah, I never gave a shit about "preserving the original source." If it looks better, it's what I'm archiving. I know some people get really autistic about "preserving the original source," though, and that's OK, they have a right to.

These filters are magic.

Requesting webms

His YrYr S2 and K-ON!! releases are fucking magic, too, compared to every other release out there.

>better
is pretty subjective. and if you can't verbalize to other people on why people should download your rip other than for personal gain i'm not sure why people would waste their effort in obtaining yours

I'm not OP, and of course better is subjective.

wow you definitely hit all the points of my post

I don't notice a difference

t.Stevie Wonder

Get your eyes checked and/or get off your shitty laptop.

>Moozzi2 release
Where can I find this?

I'd actually guess he has a 4k display before a shitty laptop. I imagine the difference is less obvious on a super high res display for a 1080p image.

Anyone has a sub files timed to Moozzi2 files?

I don't even remember where I found it. Moozzi2's releases which he released before the original Nyaa went down are really hard to find. Good luck, user. I'd seed/upload if I wasn't Amerifat.

I was going to shitpost an AB picture, but it's actually not on there either.

nyaa.si/view/965580
nyaa.si/view/837232

Not sure if the first one is using moozzi2 encode..

Does it have the english dub?

mega.nz/#F!SAFWhZZA!5cqeK0MpBnzTwNK90OlBNA found in comments on Nyaa Pantsu. Can't vouch for their accuracy. If they're mistimed use Sushi ( github.com/tp7/Sushi ) to retime your existing subs to the BDs.

>Osaka english dub
I just cant.

>Chiyo english dub
Its too fucking cute4me Yukari is great too

yay!

Osaka's english dub is superior to most dubs fite me dude

>tfw still no waifu2x release

Not even the best meme neural network scaler.

What's better?

Man, anime characterization lost a lot of subtleness. Most modern anime females would just do a standard "ehh~ kawaii~". I need to go lay down.

Most of the ones you can use with madVR and mpv like NGU, FSRCNN, RAVU, etc. waifu2x has a lot of ringing.

I strongly disagree, but I've never fallen into the "if it has visible artifacting (like ringing) it's automatically shit" camp like a lot of people do. I sometimes feel as if something is subjectively better looking than something else which has less visible artifacting despite said difference in artifacting, like, for example, if the thing with more artifacting also has a substantially sharper, clearer picture. I feel like waifu2x produces a sharper, clearer and cleaner picture than the algorithms you listed and I'm willing to accept the ringing in exchange for the other benefits I listed.

What release is that?

Yeah I don't consider sharpness to be end all, be all.

None. I just took ran some CAF on "before", threw some derainbow, dering, dehalo, anti-aliasing, and sharpen avisynth filters with low settings. Oh yeah and I downscaled it to 480p and upscaled it back to 1080p with nnedi3_resize16. 基本的にクソの塊

Neither do I. Sharpening creates noise/artifacts and denoising/deartifacting creates its own set of problems. I do get the impression that I value sharpness more highly than a lot of people who get really anal about artifacts, though. Different strokes.

holy fuck