Spend several years writing a story

>spend several years writing a story
>never finish it

he did finish it though

21st Century Boys

Bullshit

It's fucking garbage, but he did finish it.

It's finished

Actually it would have been better is Urasawa left it unfinished, but he had to ruin everything with the last time skip and resurrection of Kenji.

The last two timeskips were awful. Pretty much everything after Fukubei's death dragged the series down.

It turned to shit when second friend appeared, though it wasn't apparent at the time, but sure escalated quickly.

What is better:

Leaving a story unfinished or finishing it with a shit ending?

Kinda depends. Sometimes an arch concludes well, but the overall story is not finished. I think I would rather just not have it finished as long s the current plot threads are tied well enough.

Not dragging story for way too long and finishing when it's still comprehensible and believable.

I liked this series, but those fucking time skips. Ever time you think you're heading to a conclusion it's just more fucking bullshit.

It turned to shit after the first time skip. The only good part is when Friend gets killed randomly. Everything else is fucking shit.

I dropped this when the transgenders appeared was it a mistake?

Nah, first big time skip wasn't too bad, Kanna turned out to be a shit character, but other characters received massive development and actually became something, something interesting even.
Also, Koizumi is by far the best girl, Tomodachi land arc was really nice, as well as prison arc with #13, last time skip is what fucked everything up, since it's practically did the same thing as previous ts, but did it way worse and just dragged story even longer, right into oblivion of unrecoverable bullshit.

finish it as planned. assassination classroom did this well.

Wait a second, those mushrooms...

What was his problem again?

Which manga was it that just had a text box saying "I have no intention of continuing this story" at the end of it's final chapter?

He was just kind of a megalomaniacal dick.

Unfinished.

So is 20th/21st Century Boys worth a read? I loved Pluto and liked Monster but Billy Bat's shitty ending kind of discouraged me. Based on the reactions in this thread, is it somehow even worse than that?

stop posting inferior scan

As you wish, digit-man.

>that cancer filter
>about to ask if this is mangareader
>see the watermark in the bottom
People, it is 2018. Please learn already. Just please fucking learn!

First 60ish percent of 20th is good, everything from the introduction of the second villain through the end ruins the series.

So it is better or worse than Billy Bat? Because that timeskip really kind of put a damper on it for me.

Billy bat peaked at the Ninja Story.

20th Century was still good almost until the end.

20th century boys started great and turned into incoherent garbage.
Billy bat started incoherent but pulled off just being batshit enough for it to work.

It's definitely better than Billy Bat. Much better.

No, it's amazing until the last timeskip, it's well worth the read