JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?

JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AvRuueFJm5w&app=desktop
youtube.com/watch?v=9m19OsgLMkI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A great character in what's now seen as a bad show, despite everyone liking it.

>what's now seen as a bad show
Really? I thought everyone universally agreed Gurren is great and will go down as a classic.

Dirk Strider

People do see it as a classic and a staple, but you'll still see that the general consensus on this board is that is isn't good. I do personally like it, but you'll always have some faggot come in to say it was shit.

>20
Man. I liked Gurren lagann but 20 is not a lot

>Good game comes along
>People on board start praising it
>Become known to reddit
>they overreact to the meme and drag something with just finite source material for so long that the only stuff left to do is RPing and fanart
>Sup Forums sees this autistic behaviour
>Call the series wrong in order to distance itself from the autist over at reddit.

Literally every fucking good anime/vidya

prove me wrong.

> 20
Please be a joke

>Scapegoating
You're wrong. Sup Forums was responsible and is just at annoying at reddit most of the time.
>inb4 "they are cross posting redditurds" or some similar no true scotsman
The show just got so popular because it is THAT FUCKING GOOD that it became babby's first chinese cartoon and being the pretentious fags they are, Sup Forums could no longer openly express their passion towards an anime that is now considered "plebian" even though the very concept is retarded and everyone is communicating anonymously.

Kamina is a closeted faggot?

In other news, the sky is blue. Got any other stunning insights for us user?

What kind of person do you think took the profile name demonfox? Do you think they were both active at the same time?

nigga I barely do anime, I'm only here for OPM and Devilman, only commented cause a niggas glasses and also dis obvi a shiptoast thred.

If you're autistic enough to be able to bear through Hu$$ie's steaming turd of a story long enough to reach the alpha kids then you probably would've watch enough anime to know that my statement was merely a lie meant to mock Dirk.

A character who got killed off in 8 episodes.

I literally have no idea who the character in OP's pic is. All I know is that Dirk wears the same glasses bc the Huss is a weeb. Also I only finished homestuck bc I started it, im no quitter.

I hope this i bait

I literally only recognize the glasses. I'm not big on anime.

I sincerely hope you aren't THAT stupid but in case you really are I encourage you to watch TTGL because it's bloody brilliant and to perhaps pick up Problem Sleuth seeing as you have already finished Homestuck.
>inb4 banned for off-topic or some other shitty reason

thanks senpai, I read PS during one of the hiatus's (hiati?)

It had pacing issues around the middle, but that being said it was pretty good overall.

A faggot shota obsessed kouji/ryoma wannabe for kids who stayed a virgin as he died.

Retarded crossboarder, lurk more before spewing your filth.

Lmao. Do y'all get salty at noncels too?

I don't understand retardese, stupid crossboarder.

Dead for one

the best character of one of the best anime i‘ve ever seen

Fucking get out

>20 {T W E N T Y}

dead
>i've seen 3 animeees in my lyf

>a lot
>20
What did he mean by that?

20 is alot though. Its around 6 days of straight anime watching if we assume that there are one and two cour shows.

If you played a game for SIX days thay would be alot

That's like playing 2 or 3 games. Or 1 competitive game. It's not that much if it's all you played in your life

It's alot if you only watch good stuff.

And...?

One of my faves, but Sup Forumsnons can't stand normies liking the same shit.
It doesn't help either that these normies only like it because it's ''THE MOST EPICEST THING I'vE EVER SEEN, AND I*VE SEEN LIKE 20 ANIMES''

Based

>20
I watch more titles in a season

Gay

See, I know Kamina dying was an important plot point and was planned to happen since the begging but the show really took a dive after it.

The first 15 episodes are great.
And then it goes to shit.

>normies

muh >Normies
It's popular.*
Who gives a shit, you get my point

I enjoyed the show a lot but to me it felt similar to gaigaogar in some aspects and i found it inferior in most of them

>A great character
Yeah so great his only trait was being an obnoxious idiot, he should've die much sooner considering all his asspulls.

You are the you that is perceived by others and at the same time the you that you believe to be perceived

The best character in the series

The issue was that it took after Getter Robo and Gao Giger and the minority bitched about it, not realizing that it was an homage to the later series and kicked up to 11. Then you have another minority edgy fags that has to have shit realistic and dark for it to be good and any thing uplifting was considered childish.

The series wasn't about making a complicated lore it was about pumping people up emotionally. It won't work on people who like being depressed and feeling sorry for themselves.

Apparently you didn't get his character then.

youtube.com/watch?v=AvRuueFJm5w&app=desktop

How much of a buzzkill do you have to be to dislike Gurren Lagann? It's so fun.

That edgy guy or girl who think masculinity is bad.

TTGL is a guilty pleasure fun watch but it is far from being a good show.
The pacing was extremely inconsistent, the entire second half felt grating and boring outside of the last couple episodes, most of the characters outside of the ones who die or the main cast were super forgettable and there were too many of them, lots of QUALITY and there were way too many cliches.
It's widely enjoyed by many but it's not a good show critically.
>20 is alot though
Get out
>normies
>muh
No seriously get the fuck

or that motherfucker who thinks its shameful to like popular stuff no matter how good it is

This.

Like this guy

indeed
>not a good show critically
what a bunch of fucking bullshit

Gurren Lagann is very driven by emotion, and I can see why people who don’t care about that in anime wouldn’t like it.

>Gurren Lagann is very driven by emotion, and I can see why people who don’t care about that in anime wouldn’t like it.
Why do they watch, then?

>20 whole animus
Sup Forums blown BTFO the fuck out.

Why the fuck else would you watch anime if not for that? The brilliant sakuga in our seasonal battle harem shows made on a dime? The gripping narrative of your average Cute Girls Doing Cute Things™ show?
There are literally 3 reasons to watch anime: to waste time: to get your emotions pulled at because you either like camp, over acted drama, or hypermasculine over the top shit: and to see cute 2D things. Name 1 other decent reason to consistently consume anime as a medium. Fuck you just liking it doesn't count

Beats me, guess they wanna see what the fuss is about? Only other thing I can think of is that other anime that inspired it have very different execution, and fans of those may feel alienated, especially when people hype up TTGL.

>people still surprised by this ancient youtube comment

Is this board 90% newfags now?

And that is really one of the best answers I have read.

>The brilliant sakuga in our seasonal battle harem shows made on a dime? The gripping narrative of your average Cute Girls Doing Cute Things™ show?
There is a reason that those shows are made from a little money is because it takes no effort to make and they are a dime a dozen in the sea of anime.

That's the point. it's fun characters doing fun things. A guilty pleasure.

But that's it.

What the fuck, how have people not seen this before?
It's fucking archaic.

Guram vam Lagan

t. brainlet
ttgl and klk both have more meaning than 90% of 'deep' shit

Why guilty? It’s a competently made super robot anime.

Shit.

>. A guilty pleasure.
I wonder what your "innocent" pleasures are.

>fun characters doing fun things
>But that's it
How do you watch gurren lagann and the only thing you take away is that it's a fun action romp? Pay attention and you'd pick up on its humanism throughline at the very least. They fucking spell it out for you.

Its the best anime.
A bunch of retards/naked apes get meks they have no idea how they work and they free the universe by screaming louder then any one else before them.
And as dumb as that sounds every one seems to love it.

Ok guys, I'm not a youtubefag either, but please, those who believe Gurren Lagann isn't deep, watch this :
youtube.com/watch?v=9m19OsgLMkI

Ttgl is a love letter to the mecha genre as a whole, to hate it means you hate mecha as a whole.

It's how it was executed
That's why

I saw the first 2 episodes today after seeing this thread, it seemed like every dumb anime ever but with a giant midgethead mecha.
Is it the same shit for the rest of the series?

Nah, maybe it just means you hate watching the same episode 27 times. Maybe it means you aren't 14 years old before and EPIC FOR THE WIN GALAXY SMASHING XDDDD isn't that fun to watch anymore.

Sooo the mecha genre?

Most of the mecha genre doesn't have universe size robots, nice try.

>Have TTGL on my backlog for years

Anything to convince me to watch?

I saw the first 2 episodes today and nothing impressive, just typical fan service character and two screaming male MCs:one wimpy kid and another adult? MC who sounds like a /fit/tard.

Just watch Gunbuster and Diebuster, half as much of a time investment, and orders of magnitude better.

Rossiu did literally nothing wrong

No not at all jeep going

A dead guy

He lost faith
That's what he did wrong and not dodging that rock.

That's nearly all anime, so you have to give it a better chance than that.
It's like saying "oh this anime uses 2d animated and doesn't use 3d animation so it's nothing special."

There is a reason why people like it so much. You know, i didnt give modaka a chance until i watched it and it was pretty good. Just don't go into it expecting a mind fuck of a story. Go into it like you would an amusement park, have fun with it and don't take it seriously.

Yeah, I don't like most anime. If I see anything I can see in a dozen other series I usually drop it.

>JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?
You're Kamina.

The thing is this series is more similar in tastes of people who liked to feel pumped up. Like when people watch DBZ. It's all about the action and shit, but TTGL does it with more hype. Also on so 4 they had a different director I think so don't worry if you think the rest of the series is like ep 4, its not, they go back to the old animation style.

My bro.

TTGL is fucking amazing I dunno what to even say if kids these days are turning their noses up to it.

Same people probably believe KlK is just a fan service show too.

I can only hope you guys eventually come to realize how wrong you are.

What's good about it?
>inb4 fun

Well its how the execute the emotional impact of the show. The show doesnt take itself seriously which is a plus in my book.

>reddit spacing
>TTGL KIK good
>kids

But its true, if its not about highschool drama or moe blob shit or so far up its ass. Kids will think its too childish. Its like other gamers calling people who play nintendo games childish when in the end they are still playing a childs toy. When you watch anime you are still watching a cartoon.