When did it become cool to hate Haruhi Suzumiya?

When did it become cool to hate Haruhi Suzumiya?

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1657573
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Never? People hate the treatment it got, not the series itself.

When its fanbase grew up and the publisher threw the serie in the trashcan.
Plus nobody hates this but without its rabid supporters throwing a shitfit we can sit down and admit it was some mediocre slice of life with some meta bullshit thrown in the background to make it look deeper than it actually was.

>it was some mediocre slice of life with some meta bullshit thrown in the background to make it look deeper than it actually was.
See, this shit, right here, is what I'm talking about. When did this talk become acceptable on Sup Forums?

To be fair this is throwing rocks at a corpse, nobody even bothers defending this nowadays.

>When did this talk become acceptable on Sup Forums?
Endless eight.
But in all seriousness even back in its glory days Haruhi had its fair deal of criticism.

Is Haruhi the Crysis of Sup Forumsnime?

when her VA banged everyone but the bassist. there is a statistically improbable number of bass guitarists on Sup Forums

Sometime around 2012 when we transitioned from post-irony to post-post-irony

this is a quality post that deserves elaboration.

>hate
more like complete indifference towards a franchise that died an untimely death due to fuckups on multiple fronts

Franchise might be dead but Haruhi will never stop being a zesty qt

Newfriends went in with too high expectations because of Haruhiism aspies raving about it
in my case at least

Why should I bother with defending a dead man?

>get told the show is 10/10 amazing
>actually watch it
>feel absolutely nothing
And that's the day user learned to think for himself.

What did he mean by this?

This.

After the 2012 apocalypse when the world ended and we got stuck in thsi timeioalkhtgbnli88

Haruhi cannot be stopped
except by the author's refusal to write.

Are we just irony then?

/thread/

You mean the story, the character or just the anime?

No, we're just iron.

I mean even the author threw away the half completed manuscript for novel 12 into trashbin after coming to realization that the series is utter trash. The epiphany hit him so hard that he completely stopped writing anything. I think it's time fans of haruhi accept that they were obsessing over trash all these years and move on to other stuff. It's what tanigawa wants from fans, to stop being fans of this trash.

Never. Neo-Sup Forums is retarded and has shit taste, but the series is still one of the greatest and I wish Tanigawa would get back to it. I'll be satisfied with the yearly rewatch anyway.

cute

Since people with low iq started watching this thinking that they have required cognitive faculties to comprehend this masterpiece.
This series gets so much undeserved hate these days. Thanks to retards like digibro, who dare think they can comment on light novel medium by barely exploring anything that the medium has to offer, who think haruhi is the reason for lots of trashy light novels without even realizing how much good stuff haruhi has inspired over years that gets mixed up with trash and are mostly unavailable for those who don't nihingo.
People don't even realise how advanced and sophisticated meta is in haruhi. Like i don't expect anyone to get that data integration through entity and nagato yuki is used to explore some of the concepts from azuma hideki's database animals. People don't realise how extremely postmodern and innovative this series is and i don't even expect most of them to understand what this masterpiece sets out to do and accomplishes it with such a level of ingenuity

Digibro likes Haruhi though?

Aside from the movie it's not that great.

Is this some edited Rick & Morty copypasta?

I never said he didn't. What i mean is that he is one of the proponents for the misconception that haruhi is the reason for most of the trash nowadays which is totally untrue. There are many factors that needs to be considered like narou boom and such

When normalfags invaded Sup Forums, around the same time people started complaining about pedos for every single show and regurgitating tumblr feminist lunacy.

Are there really people out there who hate Haruhi because of the shitty LN craze that followed? Because those LNs and Haruhi couldn't be more different if they tried (except on a superficial level with the club structure)

>Neo-Sup Forums is retarded and has shit taste, but the series is still one of the greatest
Imagine being this desperate to appear superior to everyone that you defend this overrated moefag wet dream.

There are people who just subscribe to that misconception to hate haruhi for one more extra reason

NUMBER EIGHT
NUMBER EIGHT
NUMBER EIGHT
>Our system thinks your post is spam

When Kyoani broke from Kadokawa and lost the rights to the series, and then became too mature and serious for such a light, frothy show.

>superior for liking chinese cartoons
>unironically uses moefag as a criticism
You need to get out.

Any Kyonko fans here?

Kyoani never held any rights to haruhi except to sell their merch and their bd. Kad

K-on is more of an over-rated moe wet dream desu

I don't hate the show, I quite liked it, I hate the specific character because she's a turbo cunt and there's nothing anyone can do about it because she's literally god, but I don't hate her because she's a bad character, I hate her on a personal level.
Also, endless eight is fucking garbage and all the endless eight apologists need to be thrown down a skyscraper with a denwa shoved up their ass.

She's only a cunt in Melancholy and Sighs, that's still 10 episodes or so but there's a noticeable difference by the end of the series and even more in the LN sequels

unironically this. i became mature and grown out of liking this trash

>stop shitting on what I like
If you want a safespace go check out reddit, you crybaby.
Haruhi was shit, only the film was good.

When's Tanigawa going to stop writing shitty fucking Yuki-chan and get back to the main series?

Puyo's writing it, Tanigawa is just given credit for the original series. Tanigawa's on some light novel rating board now anyhow.

Why the fuck is he even credited for story? How can English publisher get away with this?

myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1657573
Educate yourself.
It's on the Japanese cover too.

>but Tanigawa seems to be credited for the original story in both the anime, and on the manga’s cover... which I believe to be sufficient evidence to conclude that Tanigawa was involved in the project.
But it isn't.

He's just credited for 原作(original work) which means many things but here he is just credited for doing original work from which the spinoff had borrowed setting and characters. It's completely obvious that tanigawa didn't wrote that one. I am a big fan of tanigawa and read most of his works and that's not his writing at all

Not mature enough to not samefag apparently

Like that proves anything.

>that slight hint of cheeks

It was okay ish, it's not cool to hate it, but it's also not cool to love it.

I dunno. When did it become okay to blueball the bassist?

Testing

How's the 学校を出よ! series? I've been meaning to give it a try sometime but every link I found is dead, and spending a more for the shipping than the book itself kinda sucks if I end up disliking it.

Since it was clear that regardless of our personal feelings on the matter, Haruhi is not coming back.
But on retrospect, Haruhi wasn't really that special.