Is CCS anime (the almost-20-year-old one, not the currently broadcasting) actually good...

Is CCS anime (the almost-20-year-old one, not the currently broadcasting) actually good? Should I watch it before the Clear Card anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/634320
nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/635146
nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/655343
nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/655965
nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/647238
nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/647285
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do you normally watch sequels without having seen the original?

Yes, and read the manga too, including the Clear Card arc.

Yes. Now post Sakuras

I don't normally watch shows with a decade-long hiatus. Plus some people say it's not a continuation of the "original" anime.

People are saying that because it seems to be trying to continue off both of the anime and the manga, which had different endings. We're still not sure where it's going with that

Those people are wrong. It literally opens with footage from the previous show as things that have happened.

So, basically, it will end up being a trainwreck?

Could do, but I have faith it'll be daijoubu

It is not a sequel, but a parallel universe.

Tomoyo used to watch VHS tapes.

Now Tomoyo records everything using a digital FHD camera.

CCS anime and its sequel has the same problem with DBZ and Super. It has lovable, colorful characters that are trapped in a poorly written plot.

Isn't Tomoyo supposed to have broken her old camera and bought a new digital one?

Sequel in a parallel universe is still a sequel

Clear Card has had two episodes, user

>plot
Kill yourself. You don't need a super duper complicated plot for the not-so-ordinary life of an elementary/middle schooler. That's precisely why it is so appealing to the majority.

It's perfect.
I'd say watch the original and the two movies first but if you don't want to wait that long to watch Clear Card arc then it's alright i guess.

>master1200
user no, here, have the source

That's a-ok, it's a show for little girls and there's isn't even a real villain. I find it very charming

I don't know how but when minimised OP's image looked like Rem giving head.

What the hell user

>you don't want to wait that long to watch Clear Card
I made the effort (of binge watching previous series/films) for Garo last season, I suppose I can do the same with CCS if you assure me "it's perfect" (except for the plot, according to 167330678).

Yes, its mostly monster of the week though so take your time

Original CCS is 70 episodes long and mostly SoL/MotW - it can be a bit much to stomach all at once. Though if you find yourself not enjoying the original then you won't be enjoying the new one anyways so there's that

>it can be a bit much to stomach all at once
Don't worry, everything will definitively be alright.

My pristine taste is proof.
But yeah it's basically what said, if you're not into monster of the week with a simple plot you might not enjoy it very much

user, the quality doesn't change whether it's 1200 or 500 or whatever. It really doesn't. download both and switch between the two and you'll see.

>684kb 1200x675
>431kb 1280x720

No one else sees it? Fuck.

Yeah it changes the size but it's already quite large, so who cares?

I do

Okay. I got my questions answered. The streaming platform which simulcasts Clear Card in my geographical area (Wakanim) doesn't seem to have CCS in its catalog, so I will have to find a good source for it... but I will definitively watch it.

Sure is a lot of not posting Sakura going on here

Have fun user. The original is my favourite anime and I'm quite enjoying the sequel.

Okay, gomenasai. Is this better user-san?

Give me some of that thing you're smoking.

Sorry, I monopolized the thread. :(

someone posted a ccs version of the pte girls and i can't find it, i thought i saved it wtf

help?

If you don't mind torrenting:

Anime 1080p:
nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/634320
720p:
nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/635146

First movie 1080p:
nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/655343
720p:
nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/655965

Second movie 1080p:
nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/647238
720p:
nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/647285

Very good

I don't know about it man, sorry

>Is CCS anime (the almost-20-year-old one, not the currently broadcasting) actually good? Should I watch it before the Clear Card anime?
Why dont you find that yourself? Autistic faggot

And how does this make you feel?

>those hips
Why?

Post Sakuras and we're cool

Mildly frustrated but you're free to exercise your will

Does it frustrate you...sexually?

If autism is sexual then yes

Nothing hotter than a cute autismo!

I don't mind (if there is no easily-accessible legal source) but Cloudflare seems to.

It was never stated what year it was in the original manga. Obviously, being released in 1996-2000 it has technology from that time, but Clamp took the same liberty for this new manga.
Watch the OVA that aired a few months ago (Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Prologue - Sakura to Futatsu no Kuma). It shows the original manga ending.
Treat the manga as canon and the anime as a supplementary. After all, Mei-trash doesn't exist in the manga.

kek Meiling will come back, her va was at a party to celebrate clear card with the rest of the cast

Watch the first episode. If that doesn't convince you that this show is the shit, then drop it and kill yourself.

Your opinions are apparently inconsistent with the general consensus reached until now in this thread.

It's just a sequel, you have to assume that for some reason Tomoyo's company developed all this new tech in the span of a year. It's not even the most absurd thing that happens in the story because there's magic, so I don't see what's the problem with it.

She made frigging cellphones that were specifically designed for Sakura.

Also I bet that she had Sakura’s smartphone case custom made too.

Just watched it. Not dead, neither planning to kill myself in foreseeable future (at least not because to this show).

The anime is canon for the anime, the manga is canon for the manga.
The anime is my favourite of the two, but I loved the manga as well and I don't think they're that different as some people say.
Also CLAMP were extremely involved with the original anime, and their main writer and artist are writing the scripts and doing the characters and outfits designs for the sequel as well.

I don't watch much magical girl anime so I don't know how standard it is for the genre but when I watched CCS I found it to be really repetitive with the monster of the week setup which she then goes through all over again to make the star cards. The actual fights are also pretty boring and amount to Sakura just using the right card and then it's over. As a whole it's fine if you like watching cute girls doing cute things and the characters are fine, if a bit shallow. Haven't seen Clear Card so I don't know if that better or worse than the original series.

The anime already does have some weird continuity and it'll get even harder in the next couple of episodes. The manga is fine though since it's just continuing off the manga and doesn't have to fit anything else in. That doesn't really detract from the quality though.

The anime has tons of filler cards that are caught so I can see how someone might get annoyed at how repetitive it is, though I didn't personally feel like that. The anime is more concise, though is still about capturing cards. The card capturing in Clear Card generally goes by quicker than in the original show as it isn't the entire focus of Clear Card and there's other things going on. Should be less repetitive feeling unless the anime decides to do 52 new cards instead of sticking with however many cards the manga will have.

>tfw so much new art of Sakura in her CLEAR outfit

Technology in real life can develop pretty quickly. There's almost an exact split in 2000 where anime made before that year had that shakiness to the camera, but anime made after it didn't.

That's more or less how magical girls go. Half the episode is SoL, half is MotW. The "fights" aren't really fights as such most the time and more like puzzles. Plus, MotW parts are often secondary to the actual character relationships or just to drive those relationships more, which CCS does better than most.

The two Clear Card episodes so far have been perfectly on point for the series, which is a good sign.

Yeah but they have a convenient in-universe explanation with Tomoyo's company so I'm taking that. It would be weird for the new audience of kids if they used outdated phones and VHS tapes.

People just need to learn to add yume_no_tsue and clear_card as appropriate instead of hoshi_no_tsue and sakura_card on danbooru.

How did Tomoyo attach the wings?

So it's because it's braindead garbage like most people?

EPISODE WHEN

Still waiting for new dous

Sakura is not actually a human, she's a kaiju.

If someone flew an airplane into the skytree it would be fucked up but also kind of good because tokyo tower would be relevant again.

Or they're hipsters.

It's the Fly card: when cast on yourself, you get to pick the appearance (angel, bat, dragon, skeltal for more spooky...).

>tfw she never actually used that ability (supposedly)

5 hours until subs?

>expecting a trap
>it's kantai collection
Why hurt my feelings?

Because I can.

yeah but a cute one

Did somebody say g-ghost?

It's around 8pm EST that the subs go up.

its fun, i really liked episode 17 i wish they used that idea for the movie instead