Why is Sup Forums so defensive about the piece of shit Devilbugman...

Why is Sup Forums so defensive about the piece of shit Devilbugman? Is it just sheeple offsiters hopping on the latest trend or are Netflix shills literally posting here?

?

It's the ping-pong guy. I mean he's a good animation director but that doesn't mean everything he does is automatically good.

It has style and that's worth defending in this era of samey bland garbage.
Doesn't mean it's good.

I'm not defensive? Do you see me defensive? No, not defensive at all.

>defensive
There's masses of shitposting both for and against it. What the fuck are you talking about.
Also you're just contributing to the shitposting so fuck you faggot.

It's a 8/10 show. It's nice that for once a pretty good show is getting attention instead of literal garbage like Your Name.

It's pretty good, stop being such a crybaby

why is it so difficult to for you to grasp that a show can be bad but good? you never understood the concept of a flawed masterpiece? why does it have to be one or the other or can't your mind process beyond a thumbs up or thumbs down, rotten or fresh?

I don't even care about crybaby I'm just glad I have a chance to shitpost about stuff that happens in the other manga.

More like why are you so defensive that a good show gets discussed?

Just saw this. It was pretty good. They kind of botched the very last scene, but whatever.

Look up the word "opinion" in a dictionary. Then look up "retard", that's what you are. Might want to call your doctor, see if there's any cure.

A show from everyone with taste's favorite director based on a highly influential manga that was never fully adapted.

The people who are saying it's perfect are obviously retards but they're few and far between here. I think the main two opinions I've seen are:
>It's good but not perfect
and
>This animation doesn't look like what I'm used to TRIGGERED 1/10

How do you rank the different Devilman versions?

I don't think I have seen a good anime that wasn't majorly flawed in different ways.

The fact of the matter is that Devilman isn't really for everybody. The original manga starts out really fun and campy and then suddenly tears into this cynical tirade against humanity at the end. I suspect the biggest complaints against this series are for things that were adapted over from the manga (the rushed ending, the edginess).

The original manga didn't really have much depth, Yuasa actually added a lot of cool scenes/subplots even if he didn't make a perfect show out of it. I don't think any Devilman adaptation is going to please everyone though considering its source material.

Devilman or Mao Dante?

>Yuasa actually added a lot of cool scenes/subplots
Such as? A lot of the stuff he added wasn't even original to crybaby. Devilman being a franchise within the universe was done in Devilman Lady, the track and field shit was in the live action movie. All Yuasa did was add a bunch of sex and pointless characters like Miko and the gay runner.

Why are you such a faggot about what people like or don't like, OP? honest question.

I haven't seen every adaptation, so can't say what's strictly his idea but there are some adjustments to the story that I feel improved on the source: the turtle-demon killing Akira's parents rather than a random little girl, the handling of the end of Miki's family (Taro being a devil), Miki's befriending of the gang (better than that weird scene in the school that just trails off). Even if you don't like what these scenes bring to the story, you gotta admit they added more interesting environments/backdrops for a fight than the original (park, house, school).

I actually think Miko had some value, her corruption mirrors the show's movement into its edgy later half--and her later change of heart sets up the concluding idealistic misdirection, and ultimately the disappointment, of Miki's arc. It's also great to actually see a demon vs. devilman fight at the end.

Manga (flawed masterpiece) > Devilman OVA (Tanjou-hen and Youchou Sirene-hen) sasuga sakuga > Devilman TV (good old times) = DEVILMAN crybaby (good adaptation of the manga)

>the turtle-demon killing Akira's parents rather than a random little girl
The OVAs did this first.

How can you say he added things when you haven't seen what the others did with Devilman.
Fucking teens need to stop sucking this directors cock

I gave it an 8/10.

What's your point, OP? Do you want to shit on it just for the heck of it?

At elast, start your thread with some good facts about, why is this so garbage.

because it's pretty great and I'm sorry you're too much of a bitter faggot to appreciate what it does well

>ESL
>retarded
Everytime

You're complaint is that I haven't watched EVERY adaptation of Devilman? Does that disqualify someone from comparing this show to the original manga?

You're not saying anything substantive, just whining.

mfw only in it for the satan dickgirl fanart.

why does silene have a pus yet satan has a dick?

Satan is hermaphrodite.
Silene is female.

One is a female demon, the other is an angel.

Satan isn't a dickgirl though...He's a BOOBBOY

Considering the massive dip in quality Sup Forums has experienced in the last few weeks, I'm inclined to say yes.

No faggot you said that Crybaby added things, and everything you say was added has been done before.
Maybe watch more than just crybaby before being retarded

Anything to sate your yaoi fantasies.

>waaah waaah stop liking what I don't like

Just binged it last night, it was very good. What's your problem with It?

bestguy tore this shit apart

I agree it's garbage. Worst Devilman iteration so far.

does someone have that virgin and chad version of this?

Literally who?

Netflix shills aren't posting on a forum that pirates all their shows. And Netflix is actually enforcing copyright laws, unlike CR and Funimation. So I'll download their shows at McDonalds from now on.

So, what's your favourite show this season, OP? Some cute girl slice of life generic garbo?

Satan has both. Where do you think Akira is reborn from? Satan's vagina.

thanks

>people like something I don't like
>they must be shills
You're trying too hard.

Miko was the most interesting character besides Akira though, I thought her addition was pretty good

It was pretty refreshing to have a hard R anime with relentless blood and nudity and a different art style, when 95% of the shit made today is just generic fanservice slice or life, shonen and isekai shit

I feel like you watch SAO and Boku no Pikachu because you like shit-tier anime

Nah Kys this anime is like a meal at a restaurant that has human shit all over it. This crybaby thing is trash. The only thing good about it is animation when they art looping that bitch running all the time

Not Good at all please KYS the botched more than just the last scene.

>Food analogy
>Tripfag
Embarrassing

>people get defensive when you agressively shit on what they like
Gee I wonder why? Are you retarded?
If you're asking why people like it and say it's good: Different opinions. It's really simple. There's nothing wrong with that (if you think there is, you can kill yourself)

This anime is easily a 4/10. The story Is Rushed to an extreme the have focus on scenes that dont matter to story. Not only that but all the Action in this anime is basically nonexistent.

Nice opinion. That's all it is. You aren't as objective as you think you are

I just read the manga and it's actual garbage, other than ryo literally every other characters sucks there, gotta be braindamaged to think crybaby isn't better than that shit

dogshit opinion

>There's nothing wrong with that
There is everything wrong with gobbling down Netflix spew with Sup Forumstier animation and narrative that brings up purely Western trends like police violence (the mall scene). Half the people praising it are undoubtedly streamfags who watched the dub. Might as well not be anime at this point.

>The story Is Rushed to an extreme the have focus on scenes that dont matter to story

Lol the manga is 5 volumes long and barely has any content, the anime has to add content to make it passable in 10 episodes, why are you begging for attention namefag? Come off it.

>It has style and that's worth defending in this era of samey bland garbage.
Except it was animated in flash, literally a step downwards for anime, even taking into account Yuasa's style. Repetitive, cheap animation with too many inbetweens, flat and lifeless like that of a Western Sup Forums-tier cartoon, with gradient filters added here and there to add a semblance of depth. Pic related, what the fuck is this, a youtube video, or a clip from Newgrounds? If you saw the majority of this show without knowing its source nor that it was anime, you'd assume it were a Western flash cartoon. There is nothing reminiscent of Yuasa left in the finished product. The narrative itself is rushed and undeveloped, clearly indication 10 episodes is too little. Characters flip flop on a dime. It ends up amounting to cheap melodrama when it's a gorefest with tits here and there and then stops for a minute or two for Akira to wallow in a pretense of sorrow then continues. And tits is all it shows, because everything else is censored or only implied. I regret watching this garbage, and I worry even more about Netflix ruining anime for good.

What are you actually gonna do about it? You're a nobody on here and have zero influence on this.

lol compare fight scenes to OVA and anime and see how story progresses you will see it drops quality hardcore and if you can't go back to watch SAO or LuckStar fag

>8/10
It's retards like you that make this board trash. If something is even remotely different you eat it up even if it's literal shit. It's an extremely rushed unfaithful adaption of the manga in which the fucking characters don't even act the way they should. Even in the context of this particular story, there is a lot of unnecessary moments that could have been replaced to flesh out the story. Ladybird ended literally 5 minutes after the characters meet. The end of the show was literally a montage clusterfuck. It was so horribly paced and there was so much stupid shit, I cannot possibly fathom the idea of some idiot giving it an 8/10. Be logical.

>Sup Forums
>defensive
Are you not confusing something?
Sounds more like a lot of normals and crossboarders come here to defend it when the general reaction is just "meh.
I mean what else would you describe this? it's wonky and silly and not just in terms of animation, all those retarded sex scenes just make it even more goofier for me, do they expect to take this shit seriously? I guess that's how all those wonnabe "artists" and directors are.

>brainlet didn't understand Devilman
typical

Lel that isnt an excuse doesnt have to follow the manga. the manga isnt even the original but still rushed it and it still sucks. as for name id rather show im not a shy bitch that post as anonymous

>no argument
You're right, nothing can be done against the tide of newfag crossposters like yourself who stream Netflix dubs, and are easily impressed by the 50th anime they watched just because it shows some tits and gore.

dude your posts are incredibly autistic please leave

>. It's an extremely rushed

Lol seeBraindead people who never read the manga till now can't tell the manga barely had any content and 10 episodes was way too much for it to the point they had to add new content to just so shit isn't dragged like a One Piece anime episode.
>Ladybird ended literally 5 minutes after the characters mee
Read the manga, she interacted once and died the same day and her companion was fleshed out more in the anime who had no presence in the manga until his slut almost died. Get outta here new fag

Fucking hate all these new fags thinking all Netflix anime are good.

>the manga isnt even the original but still rushed it and it still sucks

But the anime was adapting the manga retard.
> as for name id rather show im not a shy bitch that post as anonymous
Wrong site then bitch, you don't come to a website made for anonymous posting just to be a namefag for no reason, why don't you take your complaints to account based sites like reddit or MAL where there is no anonymous posting and you can get all your attention there ay? Wonder what kind of justification you'll try spew now lmfao

So again, you admit you're a nobody who can't do anything?

Jesus the autism YOU have is incredible. Just because manga doesnt have enough story excuses it to have to feel rushed or have scenes that have no point in being there. Honestly they could have better fight scenes to fix that and thats only one example

1.It was funded by Aniplex mostly (Netflix just got an exclusivity deal that allowed them to be graphic without worrying about the screen being white or black most of the time)
2.The anti-war and witch hunt stuff is part of the old original manga from the 70s.
3. Are you one of those retards who went around shitting on Space Dandy because "it's not anime"?
This is made on Japan by Japanese. Thus, it's anime
Why aren't you screaming about most shows not being anime anymore by your standards (given that most shows outsource part of the production to Korea or other countries)?

>stop liking what I don't like because I say so
Whatever you say, kid

Actually, it's people like you trying to dictate what opinions are acceptable that make the board garbage
At that point, that's being an ANNfag/MALfag/reddittard. Stop asking for a circlejerk of your opinion and learn that your opinion is as valid as all others. Not more and not less.

Cool opinion. Remember, opinion=subjective=not objective

Lol opinion why there is 2 minute of two guys just staring at each other

The fact you actually believe you're more objective than the people who likes it makes anything you say worthless retarded bullshit
If you think you're gonna change anyone's opinion to make them agree with you, you're delusional. It'd be easier to jump from a building and grow wings

>Tripfag autist actually expects anyone to take him seriously

>...which the fucking characters don't even act the way they should

I think you mean they don't act the way YOU think they should. Cry about it.

this board is slowly turning into Sup Forums 2.0

What's a "netflix anime"? Because Devilman is the first thing to be truly exclusive to Netflix
(VE airs on nip TV before Netflix uploads it. And all other shows there aired on nip TV before they uploaded them)

>Except it was animated in flash, literally a step downwards for anime, even taking into account Yuasa's style
Ping Pong was flash too.

Where do you think you are, retard? If you're going to be a newfag who can't handle criticism, kindly off yourself.

The first half of the series is fun as fuck and it deserves a credit for that.

>like Your Name.
mmother fucker the name ANONYMOUS IS FEARED AND RESPECTED ACROSS THE ENTIRE WORLD. NORMIES LOOK TO ANONYMOUS FOR THEIR SHITTY MEMES WHICH MAKES ANONYMOUS THE ALPHA MALE. FUCK YOU

>Netflix just got an exclusivity deal
It's not "just", Netflix must have given a lot of money to production committee to get the exclusivity

No it's people who don't have constructive arguments that make this shit trash. Anyone can say they like something and give it a ridiculous rating but what's the point of being here then? If you aren't going to add anything and not have an actual discussion, then your shit opinions aren't needed. A person who can state their opinion and express why they feel this way are way more validated than someone who has no idea what they're talking about.

>entertaining show
>mostly true to source material
>it's shit because netflix

>mostly true to source material
>I have no idea what i'm talking about

compared to the other shit they've done

And? Again, it's not like nip TV would air this in any kind of watchable form
Sounds like ANN bullshit. What's a "constructive argument"? Whatever opinion you agree with and think should be circlejerked?
Circlejerking an opinion (this show is good or this show is bad) and shitting on anyone who disagrees isnt "discussion"
He's talking about the Shinkai movie, retard

If anyone really agrees with guy please take him back to his crib in reddit needs to be tucked in. Can't take criticism then cries tripfag and uses One Piece as dragged out anime ep when I say devilman is rushed. This guy has no idea how animation works so please excuse the troll

ay man say what you can but You never bring supporting evidence to back up your arguments. not only that but people like you are the reason the thread even exist

Im taking about the other one with Jaden Smith as a voice actor. That one and this one truly disappoint me