Honest thoughts on Dragon Ball Super as a continuation of DBZ?

Honest thoughts on Dragon Ball Super as a continuation of DBZ?

It's honestly complete fucking garbage

Honestly, Hit is probably the only thing from Super that I genuinely like and wouldn't change anything about, beyond the fact that "The way to beat his time stop is to power up even more so I'm not stopped in time" is a dumb way to get around his power.

Super had a lot of ideas, and felt a bit more in line with the tone Toriyama tried to set in the Buu Arc than GT, but most of it didn't really appeal to me. I didn't like the idea of Goku getting God forms from the outset given that he wasn't a Kai or anything. The fact that the forms just exist to get their asses beat is even worse.

Also, Jiren is boring as fuck. Every Dragon Ball villain kinda becomes similar at some point where they're just "smug asshole who's sure of their power", but they at least have some personality or detestable traits that make them interesting for the plot to focus on. Literally the only thing people ever talk about with Jiren is how his power level is so big. Like every previous arc hasn't had a villain with a huge power level.

A burning turd is more palatable

Forgettable. The only reason people didn't shit on it as much as GT is because it has Toriyama's name slapped on it.

I'd much prefer if GT was canon over this.

I skipped all of the filler episodes and didn't like most of this anime. The tournament is the most interesting thing about this anime and it's extremely poorly written. I wouldn't even recommend watching it. I won't talk about what I would want to see, because I likely won't be watching it, but I hope when they pick it up again they will take it in some interesting directions.

The only reason I am watching it is because I watched it as a child. And even then I kind of tuned out after Namek. I remember almost nothing after that.

DBS is only three arcs and two of them are garbage tourney shit, and the other was only good because of anime writers actually caring enough to give the villians some personality and nuance.

DBS only made clear how much of a fucking hack toriyama is.

>I'd much prefer if GT was canon over this.

Why?

Absolutely godawful, why on earth Latin America loves the shit out of it is beyond me. Dragon Ball is dead to me as a result of Super.

They went back to Earth and fought some robot people and a giant bug.

And then Gohan called a pink manbaby a retard and got his shit slapped.

It wasn't good. The rainbow hair transformations immediately let me know that this series would have problems.
The truth is that Toriyama got pressured to make this series. I don't blame them. DB makes a shit ton of money and spergs eat it up with no complaints. Put some neat energy blasts, spiky glowing hair and you have success.
Toriyama has said time and time again that he wanted to end the franchise with Frieza. The fanbase demand unfortunately made him renege on his hopes and dreams. Since then Toriyama has been shitting out ideas for the sake of keeping a franchise alive for a group of fans that can't grow up. Don't get me wrong I really liked DB and DBZ to fair degree but I had a high enough IQ to understand that their stories ended. I see so many fans online clamoring that they're going to rewatch DBS religiously until the day a new series gets announced. That shit is fucking weird. Its over. Stop obsessing over it.

I'm a complete retard, I forgot the cell saga existed. I watched a lot of that and knew how it ended. I didn't watch any of the Buu saga though. I loved it as a child and thought I would never grow out of it. A couple years later and I forgot it was even a thing.

It's shit. Everyone could tell by episode 5.

>Arc 1: Movie retelling
>Arc 2: Movie retelling
>Arc 3: Some tournament with nothing at stake
>Arc 4: Only actual story arc
>Arc 5: Another tournament with 99% fodder characters that took way too long and got DBS canned

I like it.
It would have worked better as a direct sequel instead of an interquel though. There's really no tension because you EoZ takes place after it.

Jiren has an absolutely awful design.

I miss Black-sama.

I feel like whenever someone talks about Gt they say it has good ideas but poor execution. But with super I feel like it has pretty shifty idea and poor execution. The idea I liked was zamas and they ruined that shit as well with a shifty ending. Overall forgettable.

So in the inevitable next seires how will they go about handling Uub?

They'll make him job so that Goku can look better

An absolute disgrace to the series. I'm treating it like GT as non canon. Dragon Ball ended with the Buu saga.

GT is better.

I guess. I remember Goku had a bit of struggle but I guess with all the enemies he fought with SUPER it wouldn't make sense.

They'll turn Goku into a dog, because it's the year of the dog in Asia, just to boost sales, and the new series will have a new VA and a furry Goku.
It will be awful and spics will still love it.

garbage. character ruiner(goku manchild,jobgeta,soyhan,future trunks regressed). just a bit better than gt.