Whatever happened to shading in anime? Everything looks so dull and lifeless these days

Whatever happened to shading in anime? Everything looks so dull and lifeless these days.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=la1iKE6TFXU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Animators became smarter than you and realised it was largely unnecessary.

everytime

B-But I like my moeshit, Kurono.

But there's no cowboy bebop or moeshit on that image. If you're gonna strawman, do it right.

You look dull and lifeless. Your brain is dull and lifeless. Your hair is dull and lifeless. You smell like chalk dust and mothballs.

With some amount of seriousness, I think all the examples are from OVAs. I don't know, I haven't seen them (hit me with those names and I will), but OVAs usually spend their budget better than shows.

If animators were smart they wouldn't be animating

Writing is more important.

What happened to making your own bait instead of reposting old and stale otaking shit?

Kyoani did it and look at the result

Middle one is Guyver, bottom is Cyber City Oedo 808. I can't put my finger on what the top one is.

Japan's economy boom bombed, and the corners had to be cut to fulfill the demand.
>comparing movies that took years to finish versus serial shows.

The toei approach to anime. Use the bare minimum and just churn out a dozen of them instead of one. Doesn't matter if you have 11 failures, cause one success recoups the losses and then some.

Above Guyver is battle angel alita, above that is Kyon from Haruhi, Gunbuster and the one from '92 eludes me.

I'm sure they're smart for making 10 cents a hour LOL

Yeah, strawman like the OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=la1iKE6TFXU

Didn't the guy that made this admit he was wrong?

> KISSANIME

funny thing, alita and guyver, despite having a better animation ,have weaker plots than naruto and fma

The majority of TV anime had simple shading.

This prettty much. I like heavy shadows, so I understand, but eh, just open your brain a little.

>tfw brainlet for forgetting alita
>tfw brainlet and didnt even look above that pic

Thanks user.

> comparing poster art with animation
You are all hopeless retards who should go watch the next superhero movie and die from some emo shooter bullets.

>whatever happened to MANIME bros?!

Enthusiasm died with the 90's.