Have you watched it, yet? Thoughts?

Have you watched it, yet? Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EYFfkHPBvMU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

average but worth watching

It's shit

Better than the murrican muhreen core one and Polygon's UI and mech autism was excellent as expected.

Also the Godzilla they manage to kill is just a baby Godzilla and the original one is now 300 metres tall.

Ccale of godzilla was good, and the motion was like "man in rubber suit" instead of hollywood version.

Episode 2 vs mechagodzilla will be the one to watch.

It really sucked. And I love Goji.

Godzilla was cool in it but that doesn't justify everything else being gay and senseless.

Completely garbage. Brainlet show. Stupid vingance plot with "le hero" protagonist screming every fucking time with a angry "le hero" look. Stupid 3d, no sense of direction whatsoever, stupid in every fucking sense.

It was good. I liked how they focused on Godzilla'z eyes whenever he was a bout to wreck shit.

I can't wait until episodes 5-8 in March

Just going to forget it ever existed, like the American Godzilla that supposedly came out a few years ago.

It's good, it mainly was about setting up the fight with Godzilla.
It's a third of the overall story so it's hard to judge the entire thing, but I want to watch the next one which means the first movie did its job.

Mediocre and predictable.

Reminder that Shin was really good amidst all of the Goji disappointments lately.

more like knights of godzilla amirite

Everyone says the same of every anime so that word has lost or its sense

Urobutcher sucked ass.

it wasnt bad but it was great inbetween good and meh. Thought i want a prequel i wanna see the kaiju apoclypse

It's more like setup for second "better film".

>Thoughts
Decent enough, typical Polygon Pictures look, reasonable story, sets itself up for a sequel quite nicely.

Also, post-credits girl is delish as fuck.

ZUTOOOOOOOOOOoooo

youtube.com/watch?v=EYFfkHPBvMU

really makes you think,don't?
99% out of all anime are pure crap,shit and vomit

waiting for part 2 with tribal cutie

Quality

best part of the movie desu.

This.
Uninspired, trope filled, waste of potential.

>GOOOOOJIRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH
basically sums up the movie.

Glad I watched it, I enjoyed the set up and the effort everyone put in to taking it down but a shame it was all shit on.

>It's a third of the overall story
That's great, any estimated time on when the rest will come?

Just watched it.
Liked it. The aliens are kinda weird though

This nigga is way over the top, I like him.

When is part 2 coming out?
And why can't they breathe normally? That girl at the end was breathing.

best part of the movie was the last 5 minutes when they think they won, and defeated godzilla

but the the real godzilla comes out of the ground that's like a million times bigger and fucks them up real hard

Shin Godzilla > Planet of the Monsters > Godzilla 2014

Old Fatzilla is great. He's all like
>Nigga the fucks going on
>aw shit humans are back here let me SUPERSONIC ROAR their asses
>I won't even turn my head just stare at them

That's not bait. That's a little something called reality.

Awful writing.

>"It's dangerous to travel back to Earth! It's a distance that has never been tried before". Two scenes later they travel to Earth and that problem is never discussed
>Guy is arrested for what's basically a terrorist threat. While in prison, he gets access to confidential info. "Well shit, better free him to help us and never hold any grudge against him"

I could go on and on. It's really not worth a watch.

Typical slow moving Godzilla movie. Lots of talking, then some Godzilla stuff happens. Only this time, because it's on Netflix, it has the same boring CG from Sidonia and Blame, as well as some edgy anime scenes. Pretty lame.

The film felt too claustrophobic. I wanted to explore the world a little more than this particular film ultimately allowed. It's a really interesting setting and the lore is cool. Also, the evacuation or return mission didn't make too much sense. Surely there were better alternatives than completely abandoning the solar system and why would you intentionally provoke Godzilla before establishing a legitimate base of operations? At least get a better understanding of the world first. Less time should have been spent inside the ship and more on the post-apocalyptic world. The two leads (Haruo and Metphies) were fine, however, everyone was so underdeveloped and look so similar they were legitimately difficult to tell apart. Wish that Godzilla had been more of a personality and was more lively. Working in this medium allows for freedom that live-action usually doesn't permit and this film completely drops the ball in this regard.

I like the idea of having to flee the planet because Godzilla fucked up too much, then coming back waaaaaaay later to try and get it back.

But the way it's presented it really doesn't make any sense.

Yes, Godzilla is pretty much unstoppable and destroys everything.

But he's also damn slow. Like seriously nigga. Just always keep like 5000 kilometers away from him and you'll ALWAYS be able to evade the big nigga. Moving cities/societies makes way more sense than freaking fleeing the planet.

Also, only barely 4k people managed to flee the planet? AND that's counting with the Aliens? What the fuck?

I would have prefered if they released as a series and not movies, I will lose the interest pretty fast.

Supposedly there are other ships out there.

But yes, main plot is stupid. I expected better from the butcher. All characters are crap too. And it was so fucking gay with literally one girl in the entire movie.

>I like the idea of having to flee the planet because Godzilla fucked up too much, then coming back waaaaaaay later to try and get it back.
This. Yes.
>But the way it's presented it really doesn't make any sense.
Bingo. There are lot of things that aren't addressed and kind of deflate the film. Godzilla seems so indifferent. Did he really hunt down every significant trace of human civilization and personally wipe it out himself? Maybe there was always multiple Godzillas lurking around and that'll be a twist later on. Since no other monster is mentioned, I guess Godzilla killed them all and was the last monster left whenever humanity took off for the stars. Why not settle on the moon (which was apparently an option as stated in the film) or Mars and send teams back to Earth to recover essential resources? Another team could have searched for other inhabitable planets.

Shin was legitimately pretty great. I saw it in theater and fucking loved it. It struck me how even though Godzilla was CGI in it, they somehow gave it this uncanny feel like it was a rubber model.

I also wanted they to actually come back 20k years after leaving.
Now this "20 years for us, 20k for him" bullshit.

Yeah. This film lives or dies based on the quality of its next two films. Should have stuck to the tv format.

it was alright. Nothing spectacular.
character CGI wasn't the worst but not great, and Godzilla just looked like a giant turd. His CGI looked muddled and incomplete and that dumb ass looking design didnt help, either. very basic story that dragged on too fucking long before we got to see anything and then it just sort of ends.

Shin Godzilla was absolute fucking trash and I'm tired of dumb weebs praising it. there was nothing noteworthy about it except for the less than 1 minute breath scene.

>Shin Godzilla was freaking fantastic and I'm tired of tasteless brainlets whining about it.
But humor me. Which Godzilla movies do you think are better? Excluding the original Godzilla.

the heisei era films are all significantly better and definitely some from the showa era (ghidora, hedorah, destroy all monsters, etc), but I'm not going to get into that debate. This movie was 90% board meetings and then 10% Godzilla. now, I dont have a problem with these movies focusing on the human aspects at all, but this is focusing on the Japanese bureaucracy being incompetent and other political affairs that I simply dont give a fuck about and are lost on a majority of the people living in the west. Also, the whole full body laser shit is retarded.

>Earth getting fucked up
>humans fleeing the planet
>Mothra doesn't do shit

What the hell, Mothra? Why was she sleeping on the job?

>heisei era films are all significantly better
>DAM is better
Even the best Heisei Godzilla movies are thoroughly mediocre affairs filled with dull cinematography, formulaic stories, forgettable characters, baffling bad special effects and "fight" scenes, lifeless pacing, and are overly long. Critiquing Japanese bureaucracy is fine and most of is understandable if you're willing to put forth the effort. Really no different from getting introduced to fictional universes. This is like complaining Doctor Strangelove is bad because of politics, meetings, and no backstories for characters.

next one is going to have mecha godzilla

You don't understand how space travel work, you dumb nigga?

don't care nigga

> most of is understandable if you're willing to put forth the effort
and this is the problem. I have to put in effort to understand a very large majority of the film. that's a fault on the filmmakers behalf. heisei movies had plenty of mediocre office meetings, but it was watchable and I could follow it. I'm not arguing that the dialogue is pointless, hearing opinions from natives, it's actually smart and if I was more well tuned with the culture, I would probably appreciate the film a little more. My issue is with the massive amounts of info dump presented by characters that are all this weird satire followed by more board meetings and then sometimes Godzilla shows up. these things aren't interesting for me and a lot of other people that I've discussed the movie with.

>Chad American Godzilla
>Virgin nip feelsguy Godzilla
>Swole aryan Netflix Godzilla

What culturally specific aspects kept you from enjoying the movie? Japanese government cares too much about appearance and wastes time on meaningless things. That was conveyed pretty clearly and quickly in the film itself.

>massive amounts of info dump presented by characters
The characters were learning and adjusting to the ever changing situation and sharing this information with one another. How else were you to understand most of what was happening?

>I'm literally too dumb to understand Anno's wild gojira ride
>So it's shit

End of Eva must've been impossible for you.

Glad he asked that, you ousted yourself as a snowflake contrarian.
>This movie was 90% board meetings and then 10% Godzilla.
Who maybe hasn't even watched other Godzilla movies.

Anno's Godzilla was fucking garbage, he just can't help himself from the LMAO SYMBOLISM without any real substance, it's the exact same problem with Evangelion, it's trying to be deep and meaningful and it results in shallow and void.

>wtf godzilla was literally 2deep4me

Do you even know what you're complaining about? What symbolism, you certified brainlet?

Evangelion was so good it singlehandedly shifted adult-oriented anime from OVA to television.

Anything either Shin or Eva presents is done so plainly in dialogue. In Eva it even blatantly tells you what's going on in white text on a black background in episode 25 in case you were too stupid to comprehend dialogue, but I guess that was too much for you too.

Shut the fuck up man, Anno is a genious, he turned Godzilla from just a big monster into the demon lurking within the mind of men, that's why he looked demonic and indestructible, he's so good at having stories being told below the surface nobody realizes it. Like how Evangelion was really about the dangers of being a human, the choice between being good and evil and the lack of real power in making such desicions so shut the fuck up. Anno is quite literally the best author in the past 2 generations.

Too bad he can't figure out 4.0 right?

I wish he'd go with the eva vs goji concept that's been teased, I don't give a fuck about cheese it sounds awesome.

its weird seeing people bitch about symbolism of godzilla when from the very start he was that. The destruction of a nuke given a monstrous form to show how japan was forever changed by it

>being this deluded
Godzilla was just a punchfest until Anno touched it and gave it substance.

Thirty years of mindless films will do that to a fandom. Now whenever a film attempts to do something more, like GMK or Shin, a particular breed of fanboy will rage.

you've never seen the original film have you?

You haven't watched a lot of Goji.

Why are you replying to bait?

Clearly you haven't been here for a while, ignore baitposters like those.

Besides the obvious like G54 or Hedorah or Shin or GMK, what Godzilla movies have "depth"?

>Godzilla Earth pops out of the ground
>destroys half of the fleet
>EVERYONE FUCKIN' RUN HOLY SHIT
>flicks his tail a bit
>oh shit he's gonna tail whip these boys?
>shoots a fucking sonic boom out of his tail and demolishes everyone

Biggest twist of the movie.

i was hoping they did something like that because it was starting to get a bit boring but once it did i became hyped for the sencond movie

I love righteous hatred of implacable forces like Attack on Titan, but they barely animated the monsters at all.

Also, the first 15 minutes, after the shuttle standoff was hot mess of an infodump. 2 alien races showing up gets summarized in as many sentences?

>I'm an Attack on Titan fan
>I skipped the whole intro
>>>/reddit/

Godzilla is depicted as an enormous, destructive, prehistoric sea monster awakened and empowered by nuclear radiation. With the nuclear bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and the Lucky Dragon 5 incident still fresh in the Japanese consciousness, Godzilla was conceived as a metaphor for nuclear weapons.[17]