What was the most hard hitting anime you ever watched?

What was the most hard hitting anime you ever watched?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5hJepWBUqZk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

re:zero, made in abyss, madoka magica

Grave of the Fireflies

>re:zero

Cross Game EP1

>re:zero
I mean I liked it, but hard hitting?

Gotta agree with that.
There have been other good emotional animes but the grave of fireflies was the first that came to my mind

Please do not put Madoka in your shitpost lists

Only shows to get me teary eyed are Mawaru Penguindrum, Texhnolyze, and Cowboy Bebop.

The only show that's made me cry is Gosick, and it worked both times I watched it.

When exactly did you cry during Texhnolyze? Not dissing, just curious

I cried watching Spirited Away

Ichise above ground with his father's Theonormal as well as him speaking to Ran before finding her Kano'd in the theatre.

I 100% get both. Texhnolyze didn't struck a chord for me, but I enjoyed the atmosphere and characters. Fucking Ergo Proxy got me into a terrible depression so make of that what you will

Sorry but I really didnt like Ergo Proxy myself, but I know alot of people enjoyed it.

It's the show with the best atmosphere and most consistently haunting tone I've ever seen, Chinese Cartoon or not. I know it's not for everyone, not even close, but it's strikingly reminiscent of Book of the New Sun, Alien and Angel's Egg, and I'm a sucker for depressing miserable stories.

I completely get why people don't like it though

planetes

It didn't make me cry or anything, but Jesus, this show has atmosphere in fucking spades. And I've never seen another anime where the brutality and violence actually got to me like it did here.

Good call.

Texhnolyze

Now and Then, Here and There
Angel's Egg
Full Metal Alchemist (2003 series)

Shuffle

3-gatsu

Plastic Memories hit me super hard would recommend

Good show. I need to watch it again. Didn't it end on a cliffhanger?

Not a cliffhanger exactly, but they never got to the duel between Irako and Fujiki they set up at the beginning. The showdown with Kogan was still pure kino, though.

This.

Koe no Katachi
Probably the most relatable piece of fiction I have ever seen.
At least to me personally.

Not the Anime because the second half is not very accurate to the source material. But I would say Bokurano.

>that scene where heinz hallucinates his daughter falling off the roof and runs to grab her only to have the vision slip right through him

Fucking devastating. A 44 minutes animation has more emotion in it than most hollywood blockbusters with 10 times the budget.

youtube.com/watch?v=5hJepWBUqZk

man, that death really hit me, I now I think if the body was recovered

Macross plus, guld vs the ghost X9, the most descriptive and heroic death in Macross

man of taste

I didnt cry or anything but that ending was bleak

tokyo magnitude 8.0

Even now I think if the body was recovered

He died like the bitch that he was. And he was god damn glorious son of a bitch.

Mitsudomoe, lolis had a hard life..

Oh yeah, now I remember. It was more about WHY they were fighting than the fight itself. I didn't really appreciate it at the time, but I think I'd get it now. Loved that rapier-wielding fag who completely BTFO a couple of samurai.

Made in Abyss hit me pretty hard.
Back when I was in high school Kanon made me cry like a bitch. I'm pretty sure the show is bad in hindsight but I was 15 so whatever.

Kaiji.

I think it was ep 15 was fucking brutal as all hell. Everything that could go wrong, goes wrong. It also illustrated that subaru was pretty much irrelevant in the grand scheme of things since theres this unbenounced god creature that will balance everything out if he fucks up too much. The entire series felt like a video game from the 3rd episode, but the ending of ep 15 kicked it into high gear. It was really cool how they used a totally different credits theme too.

Its fresh in my mind but Girls Last Tour was pretty sobering too. The ended of the series, AND the ending of the Manga...

Mawaru Penguindrum hit me hard, too. I felt very relatable to the loneliness of all the characters.

Hold me, gay boys.

5 cm per second

The ultimate wingman

>kissanime
>vlc

anyways, so did the human race die out and they made sure to make a sign for them that lasted forever?

Rose of Versailles hands down.

Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 is fucking brutal. Probably because I watched Brotherhood first, it's like those alternate universe episodes where everything goes wrong for the protagonist that are popular sci fi series. But it's 50 goddamn episodes long and there's no convenient escape for the characters.

Texhnolyze, Welcome to the NHK and oddly enough Hyouka were the ones that fucked me up the most

Watch Diebuster.

Made in Abyss didn't even get to the hard hitting stuff in the anime adaption.

Kaiji

how omega

Grave of the Fireflies comes to mind. I think animation is generally unsuited to "hard hitting" kinds of stories though.

This

These anons get it.

Way better than the main characters.

>no eng subs on YT