Saki: Tanoshii

Sake 184 translation is out. Dumping.
Shindouji on the front page.

Beacon coordinates confirmed.

Deploying the baiman.

>The original had a mistake in page 5. It said Mairu won in South 4 Bonus 2. That's wrong because FunaQ won that hand. It's clearly a typo from the magazine and it meant to say Mairu won in South 4 Bonus 1. It has been corrected in the translation.

Sawaya pls, didn't you watch Awai's match?

Smug batman in tenpai.

Himeko is unimpressed.

>front page
More like last page.

And she has a good reason for it.

Himeko's wife and other wife celebrate.
Such is the fate of tanoshii.

>it requires a good alignment between the captain and vice-captain or it can't be used
Is this the foreshadowing of Toki using her astral projection to tell Mairu about her girlfriend's infidelity to disable the wi-fi?

For now, Teru, for now.

If Shindouji wins, this will count as an asspull.

>it really was... a Surprise Attack
Seriously, Ritz?

Last page, Senriyama's counter-attack in 2 weeks.

Himeko / Shindouji: 135,300
Kyouko / Himematsu: 107,800
Ryuuka / Senriyama: 104,300
Sawaya / Usuzan: 52,600

Such a dilemma, I want Ryuuka to win and destroy them but I don't want their unbreakable bond to break.

For some reason her power infuriates me. It's fucking bullshit.

Whoa, this is beyond showing no-pan butt.

>nothing can possibly break wi-fi's bo-

This is a meme, they won't connect.

>lighting panel
>dice panel
Is Ritz reducing her workload again?

>implying

I am still in disbelief this page was allowed.

Himeko is a ho'

>Senriyama's counter-attack in 2 weeks
>implying they have a chance
FunaQ doomed her team.

In two weeks, Himeko gets a chombo for mistaking a 6s for a 9s.

B-but she stopped many Shindouji's hands.

Kinutan was on Saturday.

HIMEKO BUTT

I'm kind worried that Shindouiji might win, Tacos and Nodoka are cheering for them because of Subara and Ritz was expecting the spinoff to be about them at first.

Every team was doomed when these two didn't go -82100 combined.

>didn't you watch Awai's match?
She's one of the few that could stop them. Too bad that she used her Kamuy in the semifinal.

They probably will. Ritz is already asspulling to make it happen.

When will we be out of loser-hen?

There's still time.

This one is more interesting, you don't know who is going to win and everyone favorite school is there.

Meaning Himeko still has time to kick their asses some more.

>defend
She was luck to win one hand, one more key is all that she is going to get.

That lucky asspull foreshadows more to come. Himeko's gonna win a lot more points even without the keys.

W-what about Usuzan?

Who?

We'll get final in mid 2018. Then again, back in early 2017 i predict the final will start in mid 2017, so who knows?

I have a feeling Ritz hates Usuzan

about the surprise attack: The other players expected a defensive play since Shindouji was first and they suspected that the link between Mairu and Himeko prevented a win. Himeko sidestepped this with an abortive draw and was free to play normally in the dealer repeat. I expect that she will do the same in South 2 when she is dealer again, since there is a key (but the other players know this and will try to stop her).

East 2 was won by FunaQ, so yes, she stopped a few hands by her own, and many others by dealing in. Ouch.

I have no idea why Ritz is spending time building up Himeko as a solo superpower.
At the current pace, if Saki (manga) ever makes it to a second "year", it will be either as a separate spinoff or long after Ritz is retired/dead.

>she stopped a few hands by her own, and many others by dealing in. Ouch.
She buried her team along the way. They should bench her indefinitely.

>East 2, bonus 1
If we continue at 1 round per chapter, we could be out of 5th place as soon as May.
Barring delays, flashbacks, etc.
There will probably be several interlude chapters or a flashback before the final to set up the Teru/Saki plotline resolution, which we have been waiting 10 years for.

Who is the dealer for South 4?

Wifi ability is fucking dumb, all the work is done by one person while the other one just need to endure orgasm.

Sawaya was the first dealer already, has only half as many points as the others and perhaps
a last trick (no, not mass orgy, she will not use that kamuy during a match, sadly). It doesn't look good, but she may try something while the other players are busy with each other.

Himeko said that she will play defensively so she may win some easy fast hands but bail at the first sign of danger (riichi) - until she is dealer again in South 2.

Ryuuka will use Toki when she is dealer, in East 3, so she might gain points and even reach the top.

Kyouko may try to stop her by calling tiles (and bypassing her), or by feeding tiles to Sawaya. I'm not sure what she will do in East 4, but her time to shine will come in South 4 - I expect her to throw away her dealership in South 4 in order to stop the last key (possible yakuman in South 4 1 honba, and she is dealer).

Nothing beats yelling NOTEN! with a smug smile and crossed arms.

Breaking news: besides Saki, Kiyosumi High School has another girl related to a different player in the interhigh!
Consider Nodoka's name: 原村 和
And now Kyouko's name: 末原 恭子
You'll notice that their family names share the kanji hara 原, meaning village. This by itself is not suspicious, but consider the other kanji in Suehara's name, 末 read Sue. When you combine this with ko 子, you get 末っ子 meaning youngest child!
Conclusion: Kyouko's parent chose a surname that indicates a connection to Haramura because Nodoka and Kyouko are half-sisters.

>5 tiles from Kokushi Musou yakuman
What are you doing Himeko?
>defense!
Yeah, whatever.

>wi-fi is powered by lust
>lust will be their downfall

The dealer order is Sawaya - Himeko - Ryuuka - Kyouko

>rewatching Achiga
>remember just how hard Toki steals the spotlight from the "protagonists"
Also, does anyone have the height chart? The really, really long one including Shinohayu (can't remember if it included the Toki characters)

So in other words they're gonna lose to Shindouji anyway.

>implying Ritz wasn't going to make her self-insert the main character from the very beginning

That's a great facial expression. Ritz should go back to her sharper art style for situations like this.

One minor flaw of the Saki manga is that the 3rd year and 1st year students are hyped, but the 2nd year students are ignored.
The current 2nd years need to step up if the series continues for another 20 years into Saki Year 2.

Cool, this is the first time that I'm thinking about future hands. It's impossible for Himeko win South 4 and South 4 bonus 1 right?

Kyouko framed by butts. I guess this is foreshadowing she's gonna pull off some shit and win the loser hen somehow.

FunaQ is 2nd year, and look what happens when she isn't ignored.

>smug noten Kyouko
gold

Obligatory.

Right, because if non-dealer wins last hand, the game is over.
Unless there's some stupid asspull rules, only the dealer can renchan South 4.
And if the last dealer keeps winning, they can prolong the match or stop anytime.

I wanted Senriyama to win but it's looking pretty unlikely. It's gonna be either Shindouji or Himematsu.

Hopefully 2 days to BG leaks.

Not necessarily. Shindouji is getting the hype right now, but you remember who else was hyped and how it ended for them. Mikos, Awai, Koromo, etc.
And spin-off won't sell itself.

In case you missed it, Mairu did a reservation and didn't win which means that Himeko can't win that hand. Period.

Yes, but she can opt to bypass a win (depending on the points it may not be enough, Mairu won 1500 points only in South 4) and hope that there is a dealer repeat. Not on her watch (again, depending on the points).

>Kyouko may try to stop her by calling tiles (and bypassing her), or by feeding tiles to Sawaya. I'm not sure what she will do in East 4, but her time to shine will come in South 4 - I expect her to throw away her dealership in South 4 in order to stop the last key (possible yakuman in South 4 1 honba, and she is dealer).
>Nothing beats yelling NOTEN! with a smug smile and crossed arms.

There's not really any situation where that helps her, though. If she's not in first, then she'll be settling for not winning, which would be lame. It's not a "Shindouji vs the other three" match. And if she's in first, then she can just end the game when she wins S4.

I see two possible plans for her S4 play:
>attempt to win a sanbaiman or yakuman so that she'll end up positive after Himeko's sanbaiman
>accept that she can't win the match, and instead settle for getting a 6000+ point lead over Ryuuka, so that when the Shindouji dust settles South Osaka will still be Best Osaka

How? Key 2 is on bonus 2 so it will be hard to get. Key 3 is on the last round and if she wins that there's no key 4 and that would be anticlimactic.
For Kyouko to win the last round and give bonus 1 they have to destroy key 3.

>live action
Now that Minami Hamabe has been revealed as live action Teru (AND live action Saki), does this mean the end of live action? Or will they use digital trickery so Saki and Teru can interact?

They didn't interact much until chapter 166 anyway. By the time they get there (if they get there), she'll be too old to play any of them.

Ryuuka just doesn't feel like she's gonna win is all. It's between Shindouji and Himenatsu. They're getting the hype.

>Nothing beats yelling NOTEN! with a smug smile and crossed arms.
I popped a riichi stick just thinking about it. You're a genius, user.

We don't know if Mairu went for reservation 1 in S4.

I don't see the Himematsu hype.

Nishida, pleae go back to writing your article on the Miyanaga family.

Oh I thought the 4 rounds Ryuuka mentioned were keys.

Them briefly securing the first place?

Meh, that's normal.

>One minor flaw of the Saki manga is that the 3rd year and 1st year students are hyped, but the 2nd year students are ignored.
It's not really anything surprising, the 3rd years have the motivation of "my last interhigh" that's easy to capitalise on, it happens all the time. Wait for Saki: New Generation to see the 2nd years get their time in the limelight now that it's their last interhigh.

May the best of hands come to you and may you never draw the tile you just discarded last turn.

It would be sad if Senriyama didn't win, because it would be an anticlimactic ending to the Toki manga as well.
There has to be some ending high note for Toki and Ryuuka. Either in the 5th place match, or in Koakuma or World Tournament.

Ryuuka has been getting hyped in Toki for a while, though.

That's kinda necessary when you're dealing with Tulpas, Kamuis and Keys.

>everyone favorite school is there.
I don't believe for a second Usuzan is someone's favourite school.

Heh.

This will sound really dumb and inattentive, but is the fifth place match still 2 hanchan for each round or just one?

If there is a press conference between 5th place and the championship, she better speak up.
Nishida said before that she wouldn't publicize sensitive family matters, but the temptation must be irresistible.
Maybe she can ask Teru "As the reigning 2-time champion - are you related to any former pros?", or "Do you have any words for Miyanaga Saki from Kiyosumi?"

one hanchan per round

Oh thank goodness, I was wondering if I somehow managed to forget every second hanchan of the match.

as expected of the 5th place ass match

>Koakuma
Kokuma

Will we ever go back to the days where tanoshii was not yet toki?
Surely when the next anime happens, right?

If she does ask, I hope to see Teru break down publicly.

If Teru doesn't hate Saki and just drops spaghetti around her, why does she tell everyone who asks that she has no sister?

Teru is autistic and does not know how to handle these difficult emotions. With other people it's easy to brush off the issue, but when she is faced with the issue head-on, it shakes her.