Is Evangelion about to be surpassed?

Is Evangelion about to be surpassed?

Yes.
>Actually gets in the fucking robot.
>Isn't a pussy.
>Has deep sexual metaphors which Evangelion completely mishandled.
>Basically has Asuka but improved and without all the bitchyness.
>Other characters actually do shit.
>Show has discussions that require you to think about themes (ie the user who posts the connection to the flower type from the name of the mech) instead of mindless waifu posting.
The list goes on.

It already was. Sex sells.

If you have to ask, then no, it's not.

> deep sexual metaphors

Yeah, ok.

People liking Franxx is just a meme to trigger VEG fags, right? What a garbage show.

Anime has been in Eva's shadow for 20 years, The question has to be asked

I seriously liked these 2 first episodes better than 2 first episodes of eva.

Eva was already surpassed by shows that came out years before it.

pretty much

>(ie the user who posts the connection to the flower type from the name of the mech)
That guy is 100x worse than any waifuposter though.

Oh pleeease, not everything is about you. We've all forgotten about you already.

Yes, not only is this world way more interesting and the cast actually likeable, but the mc isn't nearly as shit.

His plagued with guilt and depression as he can't fufil his life goal so it's justified, but it's also very clearly implied that he isn't a bitch who will just give up and his definitely going to rebound.

this is shit show that will be forgotten right after this season ends

it's a 2 cour show

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's shit. I don't usually hold strong opinions on what I watch, but this rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. I find comparing this to evangelion mind-boggling and borderline insulting, and I'm not even that big of a fan of evangelion. Seriously are the people who think this show is good the same who think SAO is a piece of art ?

The MC is fucking shit and can't compare to Shinji in any way.
Maybe he'll get better but he is totally bland and forgettable so far.

Christ, no.

For most of what it does, it won't even match Eureka.

Yes, in term of being shit

Eureka is boring trash, I fell asleep at episode 4.

>Has deep sexual metaphors
wew lad

Hah!

It's ironic because franxx is an eva knockoff. All of the girls are better than Asuka though, so they did at least one thing right.

Well I fucking dislike SAO but really enjoy this so

Nothing can surpass Evangelion.

If u retards just want a happy Evangelion, why don't u just watch ttgl or the tons of other mecha like that?

You're comparing two different worlds. Writing characters with the intent of making them nuanced flawed human beings is not the same as trying to flesh out walking tropes to justify giving them a name.

>deep sexual metaphors

>Evangelion
>ever being surpassed

>Show has discussions that require you to think about themes (ie the user who posts the connection to the flower type from the name of the mech)
Are you saying it's a good show because it uses flower symbolism?

What am I supposed to be seeing in this image?

>Is Evangelion about to be surpassed?
If it will get average selling level around 5-6k for each volume constantly it will be the greatest success for this show and for Trigger sicne even KLK didn't manage to do that.

Kemono Friends, Idolfags waifu or fujoshi shows, Monogatari, Madoka, some Gundams and EVA are safe.

I hope poeple remember how some were hyped for Cross Ange saying all the time it will surpass everything and it will be talked about as the greatest show ever?
It didn't last few months after the show ended and now is just recurring fanservice joke.

first post
BEST POST!

GUILLOTINE HAAA man

Most VEG fags don't understand it. I think that means they're pretty deep, eh?

So far it's looking like Star Driver with less fabulous and more depth, which I am all for - it's not like you can ever outfab Star Driver anyway, it set the standard.

Cross Ange was a Valvrave/Guilty Crown/Code Geass shitposting anime. Any hype was about the trainwreck it inevitably delivered on.
This is a Gurren Lagann/Star Driver/Aldnoah anime where there's some serious discussion on the side.

They're a different beast.

All you're showing is you haven't been here that long. That's fine, just don't pretend you know anything.

Is Aldnoah supposed to be a positive?