ITT: Worst sequels

ITT: Worst sequels.

Here's an obvious one

Im watching E7 at the moment. Can someone please fill me in on why AO is so hated?

I'm going to start darker than black 2

I didnt think that DTB 2 was THAT bad. Sure it lacked a lot of what made the first season great. I did however like the ongoing plot, rather than the semi episodic one of the first season. Also, once Hei stop being a bum, season 2 picks up a notch. if only it was 25 episodes, they would have had more time to make it good. Also the ending was kinda open and rushed. At worst I would say that it is a weak sequel.

Virgin Soul is one of the few cases where the sequel is way better than the original.

>Can someone please fill me in on why AO is so hated?
There's many, many things, but as one example, there's a literal retcon cannon in the show.

It's all over the place.

The tone shifts very quickly from E7 to a sadistic Evangelion/RahXephon expy. Retcons a lot of things about the original. Being a Bones original, falls flat on its face with the story for the last few episodes and never finishes properly.
It was so bad they made a new episode last year (through Pachinko, no less) which basically amounted to wiping the slate clear by firing a gun which erases reality and erasing all events of AO along with the protagonist himself.

E7 is a great show, but it's also a finished one. And that's really how it should be.

Bait

>firing a gun which erases reality and erasing all events of AO along with the protagonist himself
Elaboration needed.

Soul eater NOT.

That's literally the ending of AO.

how do you make blank posts like that

>how do you make blank posts like that
You type in Tsukihime anime or DTB season 2 and voila, blank post.

Just listen to the soundtrack

No it is not. Genesis was a very solid action adventure anime. Virgin soul was a fucking mess.

AO would be just fine if it had nothing to do with E7.

In AO, the main character gets a gun that when it hits something causes it to never exist, causing huge timeline changes depending on what he hits. He hits the scub in the finale which causes his older sister who died at birth due to there being too many scub in the time period in which she was born to not die, causing his father to not send Eureka into the future where the scub are gone to give birth to Ao. He somehow survives this, but no one remembers him except the main antagonist who became the archetype for Ao's Nirvash, because apparently scub can turn from human form into archetype form.

RoB was never good.

I can't believe that I watched all of it.

I didn't even realize black got a sequel

Found some more.

Endless Eight is kino.

From music with little drama to massive forced melodrama with a tiny bit of music.

Thats not E8, its the Yuki spinoff.

Psycho Pass S2 felt like it should have been a prequel, so much of it was redundant after S1

Tahkey is hardly a sequel.

Well fuck me, I'm apparently blind now.

Saint Seiya Omega is basically TLJ/sequel trilogy of Saint Seiya

- OG heroes are cowards or incompetents for leaving space for the new kids
- All the achievements on the original story are retconned for doing the same shit over again (Galaxian Wars, Silver saints, 12 houses)
- Good guys are retarded as fuck for plot convenience to the point the bad guys can easily overthrow them (let's follow the evil Digimon instead of believing the legendary saints who fought for Athena)
- Nobody gives a shit about the new kids besides fap material (Yuna's legs)

highschool dxd season 3
I heard the entire staff was canned because of that shitshow

This show was always about stupid forced melodrama what are you talking about

Fuck off. Just fuck the fuck off. Only bad parts of UC were f91 and Victory.

CCA had a problem with new and annoying characters taking over the spotlight from Amuro and Char, but it's still a very fine conclusion to the Char-Amuro rivalry and the early UC.

This was a huge failure because of how shit it was.

I really hated how this turned out if anything it would be very kind of me to say it was somewhat decent until season 2 happened but in reality it was very mediocre.
I'm not sure how they could fuck it up this badly, you have the best of the best to work with: The VAs, the setting, the designs, etc.
Why the fuck then someone would proceed to write such an awful story? What were they thinking?
Every time I try to remember some of the good bits I'm immediately reminded when they fucking worked in a fucking restaurant and the bad guys appeared solely to trash the place and have an excuse to fight. WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING

CCA is an awful movie consisting entirely of great scenes.

Better than your favorite movie, faggot

>pro-scub
Not even once.

Because Dewey was right all along.

Someone is trying hard to turn this into a bait thread.

Potato Kino > This Kino.

Evangelion Rebuilds

I didn't know it could get worse until it did...

How did I forget those?

Also, them being a sequel is still a theory. At best they are a failed spin-off.

@167402045

Initial D 2: The cuckening.

That's not really a sequel though

First three episodes were decent but the director gets replaced around episdoe 4 (I think?) and then it becomes shit.

No, it isn't. What the fuck are you talking about? VS is one of the biggest piles of shit I've ever watched.

>(you)

Soul Eater NOT is a spin-off.
Yuki-chan is a spin-off.
Berserk is a remake.

It always impresses me how much /m/ likes Tomino's crap.

>Berserk is a remake.
You are stupid.

Thinly veiled rec thread.

>Tfw seen them all.

Go back to /m/ you troll.

It's not just unfaithful to the original show, it's downright insulting and offensive. It's a generic, flavorless mecha with derivative anime tropes and none of the unique aspects of E7, then ends with a massive FUCK YOU to everyone who enjoyed the ending of the original.

It's a disgrace to E7, it's a disgrace to anime, it's a disgrace to writing.

The only saving grave of the entire show is that it suggests there are multiple universes, which means everyone pretty much accepts it never happened.

It's funny how the more people keep shitting on it, the more I want to watch it, just to see how bad it really is.
I mean, I sometimes find merit in stuff that others like. For example, when I watched UC gundam shows, I skipped ZZ because it was so hated by the fandom. But my completionist nature got the best of me and I watched it anyway. And its one of my favorite Gundam shows now. So I never know.

>I skipped ZZ because it was so hated by the fandom.
Anyone that hates ZZ is retarded. AO is genuinely completely awful though.

gay bikes S3 although S4 is pretty great right now.

He said worst sequels, not best sequels.

>best sequels
I don't even hate Diebuster, but let's not pretend it holds a candle to the original.

In my experience, if something seems generally interesting to you, watch it. Sequels I'm generally a lot more weary of, but I found some great shit in piles of anime that Sup Forums almost universally hated.
Captain Earth, for example, is one of my favorite mecha shows.

It's extremely underrated at this point. I've seen it going so far as people claiming the OVAs don't exist either. It's funny that it was actually received pretty well when it first aired; you could find it on the archives. Yes it suffers from sticking to one plotline, when a big strength of the first was the self-contained stories, and Suou is pretty polarizing. But I can only see it as a positive that Hei gets some character development when he was as static as could be in the first season. Some of the most interesting fights happen after the first season as well. The ending is equally nonsensical as the first season's. The soundtrack is just as incredible. There's no reason for it to get this treatment like it gives you the plague. Like you said, it's just a bit of a worse sequel.

>Captain Earth, for example, is one of my favorite mecha shows.
You can't seriously believe this even if you do like it. You're saying Captain Earth would be like a top 10 mecha show for you?

but double zeta fucking sucks ass and is super lame except for like 3 good episodes

Learn to have fun. The first half of the show is comedy gold.

It's really not, even unintentionally I just found it boring, I like comedy trainwrecks but this was just a bland show

>You're saying Captain Earth would be like a top 10 mecha show for you?
More like top 5. I'm no huge /m/fag, but I've seen a few mecha. My taste in giant robots is weird, though. Overman King Gainer is probably my favorite.

>He hits the scub in the finale which causes his older sister who died at birth due to there being too many scub in the time period in which she was born to not die

was this in the OVA? the series definitely didn't end on this.

>Anyone that hates ZZ is retarded.
Yeah a 47 episode show with three or four good episodes total is a great watch.

Also
>mondo and beecha
>the entire cast actually, all of whom survive to the end except puru
>the bad comedy
>the ZZ being a huge piece of shit
>everything zeon related that ins't haman
>you know what, fuck haman too
>PURUPURUPURUPURU
>sayla swooping in randomly and rescuing leina
>glemy
>yazan going from major villain to doing literally nothing
>that fucking garbage ass desert arc
>that garbage ass moon moon arc
>that garbage ass colony arc
>that garbage ass final arc where glemy just decides to fuck everything up for no reason because we need a rebellion in every season
>killing my boy hayato for no reason

ZZ is bad, and a noticeable downgrade in every way from Zeta.

Let's face it. This one's going to suck.

>Overman King Gainer is probably my favorite.
My nigga.

>Overman King Gainer
I guess you're alright, but watch more mecha.

come on man, the bar for a code geass sequel isn't that high by any stretch of the imagination.

if i get something wonderfully stupid like Shirley being miraculously alive with a geass of her own i'll buy 30 BD's.

>not liking Roux or Jewdough

>bright's ntr plotline

I'm not a fan of edgy Tomino but I dig fun Tomino.

It doesn't, but it's still a great sequel.

Lets not forget that Zeta was full of autistic and downright unlikeable characters, who only acted emo or annoying. And a huge chunk of zeta was useless side-quests that didnt amount to anything.

And you are completely wrong about most of the stuff you complained about. I'll give you points 3, 8, 10 and 12. Others are just wrong and show that you didnt understand ZZ.

Asuka arc made it worth the slog.

After im done with my super secret project, people will start to enjoy ZZ more.

What if I like Zeta and ZZ? Am I special snowflake?
I liked Zeta better though.

But I've seen, according to my list, ~94 mecha anime. How many do I need to see to have a reputable voice on mecha?

I'm sure your youtube video on why zz is great will convince a whole 3 people

ZZ gets too much hate for those first 15 or so episodes. Kinda feels like most people dropped it there and missed out on the rest of the show, that most of the time managed to have the same dark and depressing, war is hell tone and themes, as Zeta.

I can't wait until it gets pushed back to 2019

It's not a youtube video.

I too remember when kamille turned into a giant kaijuu in zeta, zz is clearly exactly the same

>Roux
When we're coming off Zeta, which had Emma, Roux seems like a downgrade. The only thing I remember about her is when she killed a guy who'd been trying to fuck her for the entire show and cried about it because she'd come to appreciate his attempts to take her hostage or some dumb shit.

>Judau
Not autistic enough for me. Get that pussy shit out of here.

>Others are just wrong and show that you didnt understand ZZ.
Yeah there's so much room for interpretation, faggot. I'm guessing you just don't have anything to say.

>ZZ gets too much hate for those first 15 or so episodes.
Having watched it recently, no, it remains mostly the same for it's entire run. This nigga Judau is running around in drag doing a shitty comedy routine in the penultimate arc, miss me with that shit.

At least 500