Isekai is literally the best thing to ever happen to anime in the past 3 years...

Isekai is literally the best thing to ever happen to anime in the past 3 years. I know you brainlets hate everything that's popular but it's great to finally get some fresh air after the moe / loli garbage that infested anime for the past 10 years.

what.

>past 3 years
you must be 18+ to post here

Isekai isn't fresh though. That's the issue.

Can isekai fags fuck off back to MAL already?

Only Sup Forums has regular isekai discussion, now fuck off to your shounen threads.

Shut the fuck up you autistic cunt OP.

>fuck off to your shounen threads
isekai is as shounen as it gets.

based op

Isekai and "moe / loli garbage" goes in hand in hang.

B-B-but muh cute girls doing cute things! It's isekai's fault that there's not more moeshit.

Are you retarded? Most popular isekai starts out with OP protag whereas the core of shounen is the progression of the MC.

Is it shonen or moe that's the problem? Make up your mind.

Word been waiting for an isekai thread.

>New loli party member out of the blue for Makoto
After such a good arc in Limia Kingdom I'm kinda sad.

Though I'm hyped for the revolution arc.

did it replaced battle harem?

Half of them are battle harems anyway.

Isekai is literally fantasy but shit

has he punished the goddess yet?

My problem isn't with Isekai. My problem is that every Isekai has been dog shit

>good arc
Literally what. This has been a constant downhill since c150 or so.

I really liked the waterfall arc and Hibiki's and Mio's parts.

No, but she has been restrained iirc by the other Gods.

More like 90%.

Honestly I'd rather have a whole arc of a battle academy than a whole series.

Why's that?

Cause she did a trash job of managing the World.

Shounen is the demographic you donut. Isekai is almost always shounen

What

>not even magic knight rayearth
Maybe you should reconsider your age restriction.

Sorry what I meant to post was 'Rem a cute'. Actually I literally meant what I wrote.

All we need now are better protagonists instead of wish fulfillment.

Shounen is aimed at adolescents
Isekai is genre fiction aimed at YA.

YA who are mentally children.

I thought adolescents were young adults. Regardless, isekai is a genre whereas shounen is a demographic, so I would still think isekai usually targets shounen.

Moefags. I can't imagine shonenfags whining about "wish fulfillment" and "power fantasies."

Shounen is both a demographic and a genre.
Isekai is just a genre.

Shonen isn't a genre. Death Note is shonen and has fuck all to do with Dragon Ball outside of its target demographic.

As for isekai most of it seems to be aimed at adults. Its protags are mostly adults and isekai actually features romance, which bores the shonen demographic.

I don't know seems pedantic to claim Shounen is not a genre even when it is very often used to describe something as both the demographic and genre especially when the connotations are so strong.

One that he doesn't permit to go out at all.

I was happy at that thought same with Sari.
It was just so suspicious how she came about I'm happy hes cautious.

Best Isekai has a Chinese MC, Japanese harem, and Korean world

Worst Isekai has a Korean MC, Chinese harem, and Japanese world

I genuinely like it.

Is this log guy?

She may be trusted enough eventually to go out, Tamaki is less certain. The same when it comes to being part of Makoto's harem after Mio and Tomoe and once the gorgons get him, though I doubt Tamaki will ever be part of it.

>better protags
Explain
>anything wrong with wish fulfilment

I think he wants the protagonist to be best girl.

pro: lot of the more creative premises for years

con: lot of the worst writing in years

This. There is barely any isekai worth watching, but the problem with them is almost never the isekai part of it.

Word for the most part.

What do you mean?

Worst isekais you've tried to read?
Pic related for me dropped it at chapter 21 and my standards are low.

this and Re:monster

sure tone-wise they're the opposite but they're completely alike in the fact the characters are outright unironic gary stus

>"I started watching anime last year after seeing silly konosuba memes on facebook": the post

Guy who beats up a bunch of zombies with a log.

Good isekai teaches you to make handy things for around the house.

>I only watch too deep for you shows, pretend to understand them and look down my nose at anyone who just wants to be entertained
You're gonna die alone.

Konosuba was the best isekai in a long time, and that's only because it was basically a parody of isekai.

recommend me some isekai with lolis Sup Forums
its a plus if they are really powerful lolis

Shieldbro and spearbro soon enough.

>parody of isekai
More like a parody about common RPG and hero story tropes. Even some elements of anime
>yes I'm Kazuma

>Isekai
The thing is that every show that is not shit and has any form of story, must be based on some event that changed to usual pace of things. The bigger the change, the easier it gets to add in random shit, the author want. Isekai is just a cheap (but great) way to make the things change. The only problem with isekai is, that certain show are not giving a shit about explaining how big the the difference is between the two worlds.

>you want world bulding? Too bad! Here cute girl! Fuck you!

Against the Gods.

Yeah, I'm glad we're now getting moe / loli garbage but now it's in another world.

No. Tsuki Ga is Salior Moon.
Shingan no Yuusha
Alternative : 神眼の勇者 is Log Horizon hero.

>Romance bores the shounen demographic
You know there are romcom and plain old romance series in Jump right
especially when the "romance" is harem bullshit

Rayearth is literally only one year older than Those Who Hunt Elves.

>B-B-but muh cute girls doing cute things! It's isekai's fault that there's not more moeshit.
There's plenty of cute girls doing cute things isekai.

Battle harem is short for high school battle harem. The magic academy arc isn't actually that common in isekai and when it happens it usually has maybe 2 conflicts. A small one at the beginning and a large one at the end. It's not really a high school battle harem.

>Best Isekai has a Chinese MC, Japanese harem, and Korean world
So NEET Receives a Dating Sim System but with a slightly shittier school system, better mobsters, and all the cast being one year older?

>Worst Isekai has a Korean MC, Chinese harem, and Japanese world
Hey I liked Slave Harem in the Labyrinth of the Other World.

Slave Harem is bad, but I still read it anyway when a new chapter is out. The MC has to get better someday, right?

>tfw the thing most people hate about Xianxia (besides the pill popping and pacing) is the violent sadistic murderhobo MC
>tfw when I read Xianxia specifically for that (though also hate the pacing and am meh about the pill popping)

anyway I want more Murderhobo MC. Already MGA, WMW, ATG, RI, ED

Vampire Princess

>Worst isekais you've tried to read?
Overlord, that one where the author just said volume 4 didn't happen anymore because he wrote himself into a corner, Dragon's Bloodline, and that one where the MC turns back time and then breaks the princess's fingers and carves a message on her back.

I had the misfortune to finish Dragon's Bloodline out of morbid curiosity to see how the writer would get out of the hole he was digging for himself starting from about 2/3rds in. The short version is he didn't. The long version involves the MC killing the gods that let her reincarnate and the people she saved to earn her reincarnation, and then dying broken and alone after losing everything she ever knew and loved all while a gaping plothole you could ride eagles through could have prevented fucking all of that.

>that one where the author just said volume 4 didn't happen anymore because he wrote himself into a corner
I thought he wrote a fairly well done tragic sacrifice of a beloved character (when let's be honest was always heading down that road, since she had been positioned as MC's shield), but angry readers complained that their waifu was dead and forced him to delete it.

> that one where the author just said volume 4 didn't happen anymore because he wrote himself into a corner
Sure that's re:monster

>and that one where the MC turns back time and then breaks the princess's fingers and carves a message on her back.
Nidome no yuusha

Honestly I feel fine with an Evil MC the bad thing is when the author tries to show MC is a good just person even though they have straight up raped,tricked, and lied to people/beings.

Against the Gods isn't fucking Isekai outside of specific chapters. That universe just has wildly different physics and inconsistent physics. MC only reincarnates from one continent to another while rewriting the timeline slightly in a localized way on both. And most other worlds mentioned are actual planets in that universe's version of space that you can fly between if you're OP enough. There are pocket dimensions and shit but for the most part everything exists in the same physical space albeit physical laws aren't necessarily going to be consistent from one location to another.

It's a parody of isekai too from how Kazuma dies to the goddess being fucking useless.

>Hey I liked Slave Harem in the Labyrinth of the Other World.
Based it takes a specific taste to really enjoy the beautiful finesse of repetition in Slave Harem.

Why do white people like isekai so much?

You pol refugees gotta bring race to everything?
jesus

>Sure that's re:monster
It wasn't Re:Monster. It was Suterareta Yuusha no Eiyuutan. I'm not sure how many cocks the author had to suck to get an LN after the disaster that is what has become of his WN, but I'm sure their breath probably still tastes of cum.

>Why do white people like isekai so much? Because human is the worst race.

There are many useless goddesses around?

>slave harem
Tell me more.

What is nigger favorite genre? Also I'm Asian and judging from NU statistics, the chinks are the biggest isekai follower

Because in the Isekai world maybe they'll appreciate our race

[CONTINUED LAUGHTER]

he doesn't get slaves until I think 50 or so chapters into the series

until then there's rabbit hunting

Technically not isekai, not even japanese, but anybody ever read, or even talk about LMS?
It's pretty fucking lit.

Battle shounen is genre not shounen itself.
Isekai is a genre and is developing subgenres.

Any isekai with edgelord MCs? Evil S.O.Bs or just plain ruthless.

No. That's why it's a parody.

>Tell me more.
There's this dude. He gets transported to another world. He buys a slave harem. And he gets a day job going into labyrinths with them to hunt monsters with incredibly stupid names that are sometimes puns inbetween orgies, helping out with coups, and encouraging the emperor's heel fetish.

Like 50% of the text is stats and another 25% is discussing battle strategy for monsters the cast could kill in their sleep, but you have to experiment to get that 1% more efficient grind.

I wish this was just full "trapped into MMO" setting

the world of Royal Road is awesome, but all the IRL bits are boring as hell.
>dat flashback scene when predecessor LMS shows his symbol

the usual recs are
Summoned Slaughterer (nip)
Dungeon Defense (gook)
Warlock in Magus world (chink)

He doesn't get a slave HAREM until chapter 47. He gets his first slave in chapter 28.

And he also hunts thieves.

>The Hero is Walking the Second Time on the Path of Vengeance While Laughing ~ Maou, I’m Going to Give You Half of the World so Take Vengeance with Me~

I am so very hard right now.

Reminder that the best isekai are targeted towards girls and happened before SAO.

>Maou isn't translated
You could have added 5 more characters and a space, damn it!