Invaders

>Any other character is on screen
>MC is funny, smart and caring able to pick up when the girls are upset even if he's dumb about romantic issues

Okay, fairly likeable MC all around.

>Scene with Yurika in it
>MC is a drooling retard who does nothing but slam his fists into the wall and scream "I KNOW YOU SAVED MY LIFE WITH MAGIC, BUT I STILL DON'T BELIEVE MAGIC EXISTS! YOU'RE JUST AN IDIOT!" While being a callous ungrateful asshole. Specifically mocking and excluding her for no reason
>Unable to understand even the barest hint of her clearly stated feelings, so instead just insults her and acts as if she's being "Tsundere"

Why in the everloving fuck did the author have the MC both see and acknowledge that Yurika was doing magic at the very start of the series if it's then going to pretend like it never happened? It's hack writing 101, keeping your running joke going when it makes zero sense.

I could deal with it if the MC was meant to be frustrating and dumb, but every single other scene is meant to show he's not and that he's a good guy. Hell, the girls are all practically lining up to suck his dick and talk about how nice he is. Even Yurika seems to like him and he's never treated her as anything more than garbage. He treats a girl who tried to kill everyone he knows better than a girl who saved his life, and he's never once even thought about thanking her for that.

Series would be good without Yurika desu. And the fact she gets better doesn't change anything because she does so in spite of everyone else treating her like shit and it's always treated as if she was the problem the whole time.

Rokujouma was terrible.

Stop even thinking about it.

>Huge scene about how great it is that Koutarou came and rescued Sanae, how much she loves him for that and it changed everything about her
>Only reason she needed to be rescued was because he fucked over Yurika (once again, for zero reason)

He sure is a hero

Off to page 10 with you.

Yurika is for bullying

MC simply chose to utterly deny what's in front of him when it comes to Yurika.
MC would finally admit that Yurika's a mc and not a cosplayer, but that's never getting animated.

MC has attachment issues due to self-guilt over his mother's early death. He is fairly certain all the other girls will leave once it's all over, but if Yurika is normal, it means she'll stay with him.

Why wouldn't you treat Yurika like shit?
This lousy cosplayer barge into your life, got no legitimate beef when it comes to the room, and worst of all, decided to be a freeloader that's mooching off of your savings at your expense.
You'd be insane to put her at the same pedestal as a poltergeist, alien brandishing WMDs and a subterranean insurgent. Why wouldn't you treat a delusional cosplayer chuuni freeloader with some level of disdain?

It's not that he denies things, it's that he freely and willingly fucks her over. Which fucks his friends over too. But no-one cares and everyone thanks him for it.

Yurika would have saved Sanae before she got kidnapped if he hadn't screwed her over. And even then Yurika was the one who actually won the fight for them, but he happily takes all the credit, as if it was all his work.

And he continues treating her like shit. And she's inexplicably falling for him even despite this.

Why the fuck would the MC have the same pov as you the viewer?

Girls love guys who treat them like shit.

That and anyone with half a brain would treat a chuuni maggot as a pos.

What about when that girl quite literally saves your life, with magic, 2 days later?

He doesn't know she's the only reason the room is still standing, so that's understandable, but when she casts magic and he acknowledges that she's cast magic, and that she's saved his life... It's worth a mention.

Or at the very least he could treat her nicer than he treats a girl who was literally trying to kill everyone he knows and loves (and everyone else).

Doesn't work when he literally sees this happen and reacts to it.

As of Volume 3 she and the knitting girl are the only girls who've ever actually done anything useful for anyone besides herself.

>worth a mention
Wait till you get to the part where memory of any good Yurika did got erased by Maki, a "real" magical girl, so nobody remembers and Yurika goes back to being the useless freeloader only good for cosplay.

Just remember that Yurika's the princess of love and courage who fights using acid rain and poisonous smog!

I'm honestly not sure I'll continue with the series. Yurika and the way everyone treats her just ruins it for me.

I don't even like her, she's a terrible character. But it's still bullshit what happens to her.

I only jumped on the Yurika bandwagon after volume 9. Your mileage may very.
For one, Koutarou did take pity on Yurika and made her a proper magical girl and all.

Taking the joke too seriously, Koutarou fucking adores Yurika, like literally he's the only he acts unreserved with.

the cutest

how did she die?

You should be asking
>how did she not die

>Adores her
>Was perfectly willing to leave her behind when they went to the beach
>Perfectly happy to let her starve
>Constantly insults her
>Ignores her or plays dumb anytime she requests his help
>Litetally sets other people on her and supports them harassing her
>Uses her as a human shield in fights hey started that had nothing to do with
>Never thanks her for saving his life
>Never thanks her for saving his friends lives
>Never thanks her for saving his apartment
>Blames everything he does to her as being her own fault

Sorry, I'm not into tsunderes

And still the other girls are jealous of her

It is her own fault
>not able to convey her faction's situation clearly
>not realizing that this is intergalactic diplomacy
>not being financially independent
>wishfully thinking that she can do it all clandestinely
>not able to demonstrate that she is worthy of full trust

The landlady Shizuka on the other hand has the respect of the other invaders even if she's just a normal Japanese citizen.

>Shizuka
>just a normal Japanese citizen
Oh, user...

>normal

That's a fatty lie

I don't know how far you've read but the other girls, including Harumi are jealous of how Koutaro acts with Yurika during SoL events.
Yurika herself is the only one who thinks he's rough towards her.

They all want Koutarou to be totally at ease and be himself, but all of them save Yurika are far too out of this world.

Didn't Kou say that he normalcy fits Yurika much more and he'd stay with her forever no matter what happens?

Of course she has to ruin it by being addicted to poison and rot and other degenerate shit

That's why you're a stupid cosplayer get back to the last page

This, IIRC Theia said herself that she would be willing to give anything for Kotarou to be so open and carefree towards her, I think it's in one of the middle volumes.
Actually if I'm not wrong there's literally a chapter dedicated to Yurika's special treatment.

Koutarou frankly felt thoroughly humbled by most of the girls, and only Yurika plus Sanae are the normal beings out of all the invaders from his pov.

Yurika and Clan share this kinda brozone, he's pretty brash around the two, Maki wishes she could get used like Clan does, that's her fetish.

But he never repents or even feels bad for treating her like shit for so long and fucking her over so many times.

It's literally that she just (for NO REASON) also wants to suck his dick and so she's given more chances to be close to him.

>she just (for NO REASON) also wants to suck his dick

Keep reading, Yurika was to too dumb to get her feeling rights

He never repents or feels bad because he did nothing wrong, stop whining you freeloader.

People have already told you that the least thing Kou wants is to admit she's part of the 'other side', him admitting it was a bitter pill to swallow, he wanted Yurika just to be a crazy, but normal cosplayer living a normal life.

It took a while and as other have said to you they're practically tied to the hip now.

>He never repents or feels bad because he did nothing wrong

Hmmm

>"Oh awesome, we're all going on a free trip! Ah, except you Yurika, you can't come."
>"You saved my life? FUCK YOU! IDIOT!"
>"Please help you? Why would I ever help you? You're so shy lol"

Hmmmmmmmm

I can't tell if you're a speedreader or baiting a discussion just for the sake of making a thread. Either way the Mc's treatment of Yurika is justified albeit a bit misguided. A recurrent theme of rokujouma is the idea of changing perspectives and how people's relationships can actively change a person's character. An enemy today is a friend tomorrow.

Either way you have shit taste if you put the characters as a base for not liking the writing desu.

>for not liking the writing desu.

The writing that quite literally has Sanae stop and go full moe because he said her name once?

Or that Theia is literally "He treats me normally uguuu" the walking Princess stereotype? Nevermind Knitting Senpai, the most single boring, basic "nice" girl template from every story ever.

Or that it completely glosses over that half the cast has shown a full willingness to engage in cold blooded murder and was only prevented so by the barest of margins? Yet are all treated like good people?

Or that has the MC go "Hurrrr I wonder why they're so mad!?" Every third chapter as he bumbles his way though basic social situations?

Yeah, top quality writing there desu

Yurika is made to suffer, it's her lot in life.

Shizuka is a fatass