Why do Japanese pretend they live in large houses?

It's almost like it's a fictional story.

It's all wish fulfillment. Japs wish they had cute girls fawning over them. They wish they had super powers. They wish their life had meaning. They wish they weren't pack into tiny apartments like sardines.

This might shock you but some people do live in large houses.

Isn't Shou rich? Mei's granddad lives in a legit mansion. It makes a lot of sense.

Cute lesbians deserve to live in large houses!

Just not in Japan.

same goes on in all media

This.
Sitcom characters always live on bigass apartments or houses they shouldn't be able to afford and no one bats an eye.

only if you're a peasant.

They're fairly rich though. A rich grandfather, a rich family.

Do you really think they'd move into some shitty apartment complex when they just married into a filthy rich family?

Depends on your income level in Japan.

In Japan, it's location, location, location when it concerns housing price.

However, Japan isn't even the most expensive country to live in.

People complain and stereotype Japanese room sizes but Hong Kong and Singapore, especially Hong Kong, is more famous for horribly small rooms compared to Japan.

The middle class depicted in 3D and 2D in Hollywood have always lived in way too big houses even though the drama claims to be centered around a middle class family.

Homer Simpson lives in way too big a house for his position for example.

It's something that happens in telenovelas too, even for poor character's houses, they'll make them look crappy but they'll be relatively roomy. I think it's universal, And I don't think it's got all to do with fiction being wish fulfillment. It probably has to do with the fact that spaces don't photograph well with regular lenses and others will distort the image too much, so you build sets or choose locations that will have room for characters to move around and look dynamic, won't seem as if they're right next to the camera, and allow for the rest of the crew to fit in. And with anime well... drawing thing in a proper scale is hard!!!

>Homer Simpson lives in way too big a house for his position for example.
Thats why Ned Flanders owns it and rents it to the Simpsons

Homer "bought" the house with a down payment but since he couldn't afford he mortgage, Ned bought it and rented it

What's the appeal of a large house exactly? I think smaller houses are generally comfier and are generally less hassle to clean and maintain as well.

Only real reason to get a large house as I see it is if you have a lot of crap or you are one of those people who cares about "status" or something trivial like that.

Fraiser certainly earns enough to live in a place like that though.

It probably has something to do with fitting a camera crew inside and having enough room to actually shoot characters from more than one angle.

More space for stuff.

I think "space for stuff" is a very western concept.

White people tend to buy a lot of garbage they don't need. For example, my rich friend has a waffle maker, a foreman grill, a popcorn maker, 100+ "as-seen-on-TV" kitchen gadgets, and dozens of meme knives.

He doesn't even use any of that shit. His kitchen is as large as my apartment.

>remove your bed
>remove your chairs
>sit on the floor
there, now your room just got twice as big. Don't forget to repeat for the whole house

I'm sorry you're too poor to have things.

I buy shit that I actually use.

Like my onahole that I've used 1000+
times.

Fraiser is a high earning doctor. Not only could he afford that apartment he could afford an summer house to go with it. This isn't like some King of Queens shit where Kevin James fat retard ass can afford a two story home.

The bigger your house is the more you can swing stuff around without hitting anything. This is very important.

Superior efficient Nip living space incompatible with America because SHOES IN HOUSE AND ON BED.

While I'd generally like a little more room than I have now I'd really only like a few more square feet. I'm not looking for a McMansion.

I think you wanted to say
>the bigger your house, the more things to bend stuff over

Damn. What model is it. I gotta get it

Homer Simpson, despite his stupidity and general bumblefuck-ness, is also a technician at a nuclear power plant. That's a pretty sweet gig, not the highest-paying but it sure as hell exceeds the median wage in most areas.

Just saying, man.

You can have a large house without it being a McMansion.

I know what you mean, OP. They should live in a kotatsu.

They're rich as fuck you speedwatcher.

If your penis is small and you nut very quickly you can use yours a few hundred times.

I'd probably consider the average modern American suburban house too large.

It's funny because I live in a place with subdivisions that continually expand these massive houses packed together on smaller lots. They're absurdly expensive but there's little else to buy in the area unless you want to move closer to the biggest cities where things get even more expensive regardless of the size of the place. I doubt people even make much use of them, especially if they don't have kids yet or just one.

It's the definition of waste and excess.

I need a large house to accommodate my buyfagging habit.

Others have said it but Frasier is a character this does not apply to, the guy is very well-off in the show.

>In Japan, it's location, location, location when it concerns housing price.
You mean like anywhere else.
But face it, many people on small space = not good

The house in the simpsons isn't even that big. It's average size for where I live (Queensland Australia) if you don't include the basment and an attic you can enter properly. What shoeboxes do murricans live in?

Dolls don't take up much room. If you have a "doll room" you're settled.

I meant it can be as large (or larger) than a McMansion without being shitty like a McMansion. McMansions are shit for other reasons.

Large rooms with good floors, high ceilings, and nice fenestration are very pleasant.

its an easy way to show wealth and social status.

>large houses don't exist in Japan
Literally your face.

I live in Sydney and sometimes I look up real estate in America, they have huge houses for a fraction of the cost of a tiny apartment here. Sure, not in the best locations, but I never got the impression Springfield was a nice town either.

You have to go back.

How much is Sup Forums's rent?

I'm sure certain people appreciate open spaces and the like but I just personally prefer smaller spaces. It feels warmer and I there's a part of me that likes an organized clutter, (emphasis on organized, hoarder clutter is disgusting). It just makes the atmosphere feel more personal.

I guess if you want stuff to feel more open it makes sense to get a larger house. Small spaces can be made to feel open too but a lot of thought needs to be put into the design to create that feeling and they generally need to be kept pretty clean to maintain that feel.

Poorfags live in small apartments.

It makes blocking easier.

>living in a CG house
What a sad state of affairs.

400$ month

Man you must live in the middle of Kansas or something. Where I live getting a studio in the middle of the ghetto would be $800/mo minimum.

Cities are memes that dumb people buy into.

$1450

>blogging about rents and house prices
fuck off to Sup Forums

$120 bucks

>jobs are a meme

250$, 3 bedrooms, kitchen, toilet and shower (sharing with 2 of my lads)

1500 total but split three ways so it's not too bad as utilities are included.

you die if you work

Where the heck?

His parents house I bet.

You die if you don't work because you have nothing to live for and no source of stimulation. Why do you think old people's health usually sharply declines right after they retire. I know a lot of people who haven't even lived a year past retirement or who look like they have suddenly aged 10 years with 6 months of retirement. If you physically can work until you're dead you probably should.

Sorry there are no jobs that your liberal arts degree will get you outside of Los Memegeles, you'll just have to make do with actually working.

technically I'm just paying for the room
nope

But most real jobs are in urban areas user.

390€. One big room, kitchen, toilet/bathroom and sauna.

Are you slipping someone a hundred bucks to let you squat?

>If you physically can work until you're dead you probably should.
Paul Ryan pls
>real jobs are in fucking nowhere

But Frasier made enough to afford the fancy ass apartment.

>needing work to give you something to live for
I only work because I need money.

Los Angeles has a shitton of design, architecture, chemical engineering, accounting, civil engineering, software development offices and firms. I mean shit if you are any STEM major you can live comfortably in any urban of suburban part of a major city and within eight years of graduation have enough savings to get a two bedroom condo or townhouse in a nice part of town.

New York?

$500 a month and the only utilities I pay for is the internet. Going to be moving into a single bedroom apartment in a few months for $750 a month with the same utilities. About half my monthly income but fuck it, I'm single and live pretty spartan anyway. If I only have to work 3 days a week to maintain that I can live with it.

700, I have four roommates but it's a nice suburban area of the city and they're relatively quiet and leave me alone.

$350 I think

Kinda... It's a collection of reasons:
>it's definitely not in the US
>it's not in a great neighborhood
>it's just a room
>old ladies don't know the current price of stuff
Aside from the 50s looking bathroom, It's not even that bad of a place.

0, i live in my own house

Silicon Valley.

A quick Google search turned up dozens of listings for skilled jobs in the middle of Montana. These jobs may not pay you as much as they would in a city, but the cost of living in the middle of Montana is much, much lower than the cost of living in the middle of a big city.
As a bonus, there's also little crime and no need to share a building with a bunch of other people.

Maybe if all you want to do is live in-doors and browse the internet, have you been to Montana? Their "great outdoors" ain't even great, New Hampshire or Vermont would probably similar cost of living but at least there you've got some real nature.

There's also virtually nothing to do in the middle of Montana though if all you do in your spare time is sit on the computer and watch anime, play vidya, and shitpost on Sup Forums then I suppose it doesn't really matter where you live since you'd never leave your house except for work and groceries anyway.

There's usually less competitors so you're stuck with the same company.

>Maybe if all you want to do is live in-doors and browse the internet

Where do you think you are?

You have to grow up someday.

Montana has great nature at least in the West/South areas.

All of New Hampshire looks like that though, not to mention the bitchin' little lakes.

>simpsons lore

Vermont/New Hampshire also has the benefit of feeling rural while not being super far from large cities like New York and Boston.Yeah it's up to a few hours drive but it's doable in a day. There's also smaller but still decent sized cities peppered all over New England as well Albany, Springfield, Hartford, Providence, New Haven, etc.

In Montana you're hundreds of miles from a city with a population over 100,000 pretty much anywhere.

New Hampshire does not look like this.

What do you need mountains for fag, you ain't climbing shit on your chicken legs and you know it.

>Boston

MA fag here. Boston sucks.

CT-fag here. I know a lot of people that went to college in Boston and won't shut up about it. They make it sound like the best thing since sliced bread.

>muh autumn

>Butthurt MTfag

Blow me babe

Yeah, well. They're idiots. It's dirty, the weather sucks, the traffic sucks and it's expensive

Boston is good for one thing and one thing only, bar hopping.