Lupin the 3rd part 5 teaser is here! New season starts in April

Lupin the 3rd part 5 teaser is here! New season starts in April.

youtube.com/watch?v=6yEOs2PkswU

Other urls found in this thread:

disc0rd.gg/2G28d3
youtu.be/AwKPMCUrUBg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Those fucks better not delay it like last time.

At least it's pretty well promoted this time and they don't have to worry about those fucking Italians. They already ruined international releases for the previous series.

>another blue jacket season

What, no love for pink?

I'm still fucking mad that they sprang for the Italian version of the show with the worse music and animation.

If it makes you feel any better, Gold Babylon is being released for the first time ever on BD.

It wasn't their fault. They tried to get the Japanese version

Discotek, right? They're releasing it?

I wish someone would create a dub with the japanese opening and the better music.

yeah. I like how they actually give a shit about Lupin and are willing to release all the good shit Funimation never even bothered to put out.

Yeah, that's why I like them more than Funi

They recently did a Q&A with the cast after the final episode on Twitter

Well, hopefully Discotek come out with the full details on the blu-ray release soon.

I know and I avoided it because I heard there was going to be a "surprise" but it turned out the surprise was the stream itself.. So basically people sat their for an hour and none of them even told us about any future Lupin releases which is dumb. Also I heard they had a contest during that. Who won?

Some guy I follow who's really, really into Lupin

Gee that narrows it down. I follow some people on there who are really into it as well. Had to unfollow some because they can be really fucking autistic. What I mean is, it's cool that we share the same interests but as a person some can be real pieces of shit and be overly sensitive about things in a very petty way. I remember one of them made a Lupin disc0rd server which I got banned from because I was being myself. I remember getting shit from someone with a bad attitude as soon as I joined. It's odd considering most of the fanbase is cool.

You mean the one that was linked on Tumblr?

The guy I know isn't like that one bit, though I don't really interact with him that much

I'm not sure because I don't use tumblr

It's probably the same one because why would anyone make multiple Lupin discord servers?

What's the best way to get into Lupin?

Start at the beginning

Watching it usually helps.

No i'm not saying the person is actually bad. From what I've seen the person i'm referring to is usually pretty enthusiastic friendly but after a few quick convos with him/her, I've come to realize they are easily offended and can be petty. The person I'm talking about draws a lot of Lupin stuff and posts it.

here. I'd say watch everything but some people don't want to do that so this is a perfect condensed version.

You may be talking about the guy I know. He draws and post Lupin stuff, too.

you are such a fucking brainless moron
What kind of question is this? Please kill yourself

Cool. If you don't have disc0rd though, you should make one. I know some cool servers you can join.

Really? What servers?

Just anime related ones. I try to avoid ones where people only talk about shonenshit and other trash. Cool places with fun people

This isn't a bad recommendation, though I'd add that you can start with most of the movies and ep. 2 onwards of Red Jacket if you skip Green Jacket. Castle of Cagliostro is definitely high up there as a movie in general, but you can watch most of the movies and have a good time. Any of the 90's movies are good random watches as well Except Farewell to Nostradamus. Fuck that movie.

No one should ever skip green jacket. It's the best series and the easiest to get through due to it's short length

Cool. I'll see if I can find any

Honestly, if you're talking about who I think you're talking about then it's probably the same server.

Why would you skip the Green Jacket?

lmao I'm telling you that I'll give you some.

Oh, sorry, my bad

You don't seem suspicious in the slightest.

disc0rd.gg/2G28d3

replace 0 with o obviously.

Not saying skip, just saying it doesn't have to be your start. I definitely recommend watching green jacket eventually, because it's good.

I'd say starting with green jacket is a must because it introduces Goemon and why he joins up with Lupin and the rest.

Honestly his start as an antagonist gets ignored by later series. Outside of the Green vs Red kinda speculation Lupin doesn't have a large overarching lore that requires production order.
Both movies and later series do a good job conveying the characters as they appear anyway.

Thanks, man!

Don't forget the next special is going to be a remake of the first green jacket episode and it will be directed by Monkey Punch himself.

Shit, for real?

ye

I'm glad he's giving directing another shot.

When does it come out?

ye he only "directed" the opening and ending to Dead or Alive but he really had nothing to do with it.
no date yet. Sometime in 2018

He directed the opening to (I think) Fearless Hyena 2 youtu.be/AwKPMCUrUBg

>Watching the part 4 dub on Toonami with Sup Forums
>expect comfy driving episode
>get fucking destroyed in the last 5 minutes

I was not prepared

Did he direct Sekai no Alice?

Lupin is good at that

No, someone else did

Nah that was Yuzo Aoki.

>Yuzo Aoki
Has he done anything else worthwhile?

This image really needs a warning for anything pink jacket. It's just so fucking weird compared to everything else.

He was the chief director for Part III and was the character designer and animation director on Mystery of Mamo and Legend of the Gold of Babylon,

they produced the show.

Hell yeah i love this movie
It's the very definition of schlock but the animations are seriously great and unique

>It's just so fucking weird compared to everything else.
I refuse to associate with anyone who has a problem with pink jacket because it is the most authentic Lupin series in terms of the aesthetics. It's literally in the same style as the manga and so if anyone has a problem with it, they're going against the source material too.

>schlock
It's avant-garde.

I think folks that can't handle Part III are a bunch of pusses, but that's a bit extreme.

How did Monkey Punch say he'd want Lupin to end if he ever decided to put an end to the franchise?

It's a zany farce and there's nothing wrong with that

With him and Zenigata dying

by getting all the pussy and jewels

while having passionate sex

I'd put more TV specials (Bye Bye Liberty, Tokyo Crisis?) and subtract Series IV to like watching three of the non-story episodes (Dog, Japan, Jigen, maybe?) but the guy who did this has EXCELLENT taste just because he recommended Hemingway Papers over shit like Dead or Alive.

I hope that ginger fucko won't be another Rebecca Rosselini. I really really hope but I know it is because everyone likes IV without giving a single complaint about how bad the overarching stories are in concept to Lupin. Am I the only one who found most of IV almost unwatchable here?

Hemingway Papers is Dezaki's best Lupin movie and Dead or Alive is a hunk of shit outside of the beautiful art.

I know, but tell that to the motherfucker who did the ANN list, who claimed it was "slow" (the whole thing is top laughing material, the absolute worst taste I've encountered). I spent like 30 minutes arguing with a fucko who defended it here to no avail (probably him?).

I'm a bit conflicted over which one between Bye Bye Liberty and Hemingway Papers is better. They certainly are clearly superior to Harimao's Treasure and Napoleon's Dictionary (my shame about the latter, since its script and character treatment is one of my favourites in the series, if it wasn't a badly put out slideshow it would be on the heights), and very impressive material on their own.

Of course the new girl is going to be the token girl of the series. Also blue jacket had mostly great episodes.

It had some fantastic episodes, but the whole DaVinci, Rebecca's boyfriend, CIA stuff plotline was so baaaaad.

>I know, but tell that to the motherfucker who did the ANN list
I don't read ANN articles for obvious reasons so I don't care. I know what is good and bad when it comes to Lupin and I don't need some nobody to tell me when something is "slow" or whatever.
>I'm a bit conflicted over which one between Bye Bye Liberty and Hemingway Papers is better.
Hemingway obviously.
>They certainly are clearly superior to Harimao's Treasure and Napoleon's Dictionary
Like most of the movies. Although I love Napoleon because it still features Yasuo as Lupin and it was done in that classic exaggerated style.

Pink Jacket was way more soft touch than the manga which had Lupin actually rape a woman as an interrogation technique. Green Jacket is closest to the manga in that way imo. I have no issue with pink, I can handle the crazy shit that goes on but man it's fucking wild, sure pink is the only series that has moments like the chapter in the manga where Lupin tricks Zenigata to freeze himself to save the future from Lupin, but that's not really the stuff I tend to associate the manga with.

Storyboarded a lot of Part 2 episodes, animated sometimes and basically made the third intro.

You take differing opinions over Chinese monkey man cartoons way too personally, man.

I'll defend Osamu Dezaki's Lupin with my life!

The best Dezaki Lupin is Cobra.

I'm newfag to Lupin, can someone explain that Italian meme?

It's not a meme. Lupin the Third Series IV was half commisioned by Italy, where it was released first with classically different OP and music. Then there's the japanese version. Both have the same chapters.

So basically, I'm unaffected and get the intended Japanese experience by pirating as usual? What's the problem then?

Some people buy shit or use Crunchyroll.

>80 replies
>16 posters

Stop.

Watch Lupin if you want to contribute to this thread fucko

Lupin III is one of the few things I like well enough to put down money on.

Fair enough, call me back once Discotek actually makes a HD remaster of Hokuto no Ken, not the shitty DVD upscales they did last year.

Who Green vs Red here?

I'm actually not fond of it. I really like those opening scenes and the premise of multiple Lupin incarnations as different people, but when the actual movie starts, with the impostors arriving on Japan, they're all clearly incompetent wannabes and they don't even use the design variations from the initial scenes in the actual movie (like killed imposter Lupin from Part II or the goofy Pink Jacket opening Lupin that's shown in the sequence with all of them around the world), just a bunch of part 2 Lupin wannabes in red and some green jackets.

It's not exactly a secret that was just a budget re-release to replace the out of print DVDs.

Also, from what I can tell, Toei hasn't made remastered BDs for the series.

>I'm actually not fond of it.
So like most people.

This is terrible.

>recommending Pink Jacket
>recommending shit like Legend if the Gold Babylon, Hemingway Papers, Missed by a Dollar and Woman Called Fujiko
Dezaki stopped being good after the last Black Jack movie. He clearly wasn't in his element during his work on Lupin because they're all some of the worst shit he's ever done next to Ultraviolent and the Clanad movie

Will they ever continue the Fujiko Mine series. They did one for every character there, except Lupin himself.

If you weebs love Lupin sooo much, then why is noone seeding anything!?

>Fujiko Mine spinoff
>Jigen's Gravestone
>Blood Spray of Goemon
dark and edgy no laughs allowed stories are not why i watch lupin

Jigen's Gravestone is great and all his stories are basically no fun allowed anyways. I found Blood Spray boring because way...Goemon is boring. Fujiko Mine is just shit

And here we fucking go again, every thread

>waaah don't talk about lupin in a lupin thread

>new Lupin
>new Kitaro
>new Cutie Honey
>new Devilman
This year is great for me.