Oh no, Toji was sent to the HOSPITAL

>Oh no, Toji was sent to the HOSPITAL

Way to suck out the tension from the episode
Anno, you hack

He knew that if he killed off the best character everyone would drop the show.

That's why the manga is better.

Overall I preferred the cartoon, but on a few points the manga hit HARD. This was one of them.

The manga got this one right.

He lost his right leg. It's never mentioned, but right before we last see him ever in the hospital talking with Hikari, you can see he only has one leg underneath the bed sheet in the last frames of the scene when the scene zooms out.

>the cartoon

What happened to Pen Pen anyway

Did he just stick around with Shinji and Asuka?

The graphic telenovella

And also Shinji ends up activating Unit 1 and comes to Asuka's rescue right before she would be devoured by the MP Units.

AND we get to see Kaworu actually become a NERV pilot and fight an Angel, like he should have been in NGE, where he arrived only after all the other Angels were gone, and attacked NERV the very next day.

Sadamoto should have been more involved in the anime

Gonna love Super Robot Wars MX when Asuka is about to be eaten, but MP Evas are suddenly interrupted by Rom Stoll’s “Matte!”. All in a voiced scene.

The manga shows he shouldn't have, his characterization tends tyo be horrible and most fixes are just stuff fans wanted he did way after the series.

But he lost is leg though and is never seen again in the series. Plus, isn't that the last we see of all the other students anyway?

If so, that's still pretty impactful

I'm with you, but at least it let us have this sad/cute scene.

Didn't Anno originally plan for him to die?

>isn't that the last we see of all the other students anyway?

>mfw reading the cut scene from EoE of Toji and Kensuke saying goodbye to shinji
>mfw it's implied the unknown reasoning for them going to Germany is to be used for the MP Evas

fuck that shit was dark

N-nani

Why was he chosen to pilot 3 in the first place?

dead mom.

ALl the kids are POTENTIAL candidates. If things where different we might have seen Hikari, Him and Kensuke riding high

4.0 when? after Tsukihime remake?

Pretty sure they weren't allowed to kill any children, or something like that.

What does that even mean?
They didn't know who they were gonna put in yet there so they kept a bunch of people around.

Anno don't care anymore he got Godzilla movies to make

No.

You clearly missed the point of tension then.

The producers prohibited the staff from killing any children, this is common knowledge. How can there be people so ignorant

>Rei 1
>Rei 2
>Karl
>Asuka
>every single human being in EoE

he meant the producers of the TV show and not the movie

I'd rather be dead than crippled

Rei 1 and Rei 2 were killed in the TV show on screen

>Literally gets chomped in half by an Eva
>Did Anno plan for him to die
Gee I don't fucking know

EoE had no restriction like that, NGE did because it was a TV show aired in primetime

>Takekuma: Toji lost his leg. Why didn't he die there?

>Anno: I couldn't kill him.

>Takekuma: Of course.

>Anno: No, um, I made a certain promise, though I think now I should have broken it. At the very beginiing, when [we] drew up the plan [for Eva], [I met] with the producer, from King Records, who told me, "I will approve the plan you submit, whatever it is, because I have faith in you. However, there will be two conditions. The first one is that you will remain with me for five years. You cannot, for example, do a film version with another [producer]. The additional condition is that you will not kill any children. The adults can die, but I don't want children dying." Because of that condition I couldn't kill [Toji].

Rei I/II aren't real children and the show spends no time where the character of Rei in general is in fact dead

but she got revived

Why he was chosen? What kind of skills a kid need to be an EVA pilot?

You mom's soul needs to be stitched to the eva. Being an alien god also works.

That sounds pretty cool too.

Oh, that would have been good.

I'm pretty sure Misato sent him to live with Hikari in one of the later episodes