New Grappler Baki anime

Is Netflix actually going to save anime? Who could have forseen this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U61UC6jkvdo
mangakakalot.com/chapter/baki/chapter_54
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's going to adapt the escaped convicts arc

>Who could have foreseen this?
Anyone who's been paying attention since August 2016

Netflix already made two best series this season and they don't even spend 1% of their annual budget on animu

This shit is crazy

I will wait two more seasons and if they keep their game I'm gonna shill them 24/7 on Sup Forums

Netflix didn't do jack shit here as with a lot of times. They just give money just so they can slap a "Netflix original" on it.

Kengan Ashura next?

It doesn't even say "Netflix Original" or anything of the sort. It just says that it's being broadcast on Netflix first.

That'd be sick.

Looking at it seems like it was actually confirmed a few weeks ago

Oh no way.
I always thought it'd be perfect for an anime. Especially since they have a good amount of material for it.

Should we make this a Baki discussion thread? Talk about your favourite arc, characters, why you love/hate Musashi, perhaps? It's been far too long since the last one.

Baki Dou is just Itagaki milking the cow with his obscene Miyamoto Musashi fanboyism at this point, just like that M. Ali fanboy arc. he should have just given Son of Ogre a proper ending and resolution with Yujiro and be done with it.
Also Yujiro is obviously the best character

youtube.com/watch?v=U61UC6jkvdo

when is it coming? I finished the anime recently and idk if i should just start reading new grappler baki or wait for this

Summer 2018.

Pro-tip: that's not a real translation. It's some bizarre Google Translate or Babelfish monstrosity. I never watched all the way through that fucking thing, but only about 25% of what I read was even in the ballpark. Even the simplest lines there are nonsensically wrong in the translation. Fucking "haiboku wo shiritai" (敗北を知りたい) is "I want to know defeat", and this nut's got it as "I will not be defeated!".

>tfw Dorian
in the end all he wanted was his father to buy him candies
feels really bad man

I could tell. I just wanted to post the ova and couldn't find one with no """subs""".

guys, why are any image uploads are failing?

神殿は崩壊している。

神殿ってなんやねん?w

My real question here is if Netflix or the actual studio behind this would try and continue it in a year with the Chinese Challengers Arc or whatever the next one is.

It almost entirely depends on the public's reception to this. Baki has a gacha mobage, so they're getting some superfluous money, but who knows if it is/would be enough to justify funding another anime season.

I can die a happy man, when I see Baki vs Yujiro animated.

Also, netflix better fund a Hokuto no ken remake.

>believing the Netflix original meme
It won’t be subbed until fall anyways.

Would unironically be hyped
Netflix is out doing crunchy , viz and adult swim

didn't they have a poll about that several years ago and ended up animating mob despite kengan being above it?

Why is Baki in MMA ring?

>grappler Baki
>doesn't grapple

training i guess

He's been in one before. Course, he went by the name "Shuuto" back then.

Is all of Baki translated? I read them out of order accidentally.

Wasn't there a Baki anime already? Is this a remake? Or was the first anime shitty?

>Netflix saving anime
Maybe when they start majorly finance one than just buying the rights to air it and be all smug that it’s “their anime”

There are four Baki series, but they all share one narrative. Sequentially, they are:
Grappler Baki
Baki
Hanma Baki
Baki Dou

The first anime was Grappler Baki. This is an adaptation of the first arc of Baki.

The second, third and fourth series are completely translated. We're some 20 volumes short of complete on the first series. I don't know why; that's just how things are. We're working on it.

No Pickle then...?

>caveman
>is a giant
>looks human
>wrestled dinosaurs
I know it's a comedy manga but Pickle always triggers my autism.

>I don't know why

probably because there's an anime that covers it anyway

Baki 2nd series is best Baki so I am glad they are adapting this.

Wasn't he the son of MacArthur?

>why you love/hate Musashi, perhaps?
It's just feels so dragged out how he goes beating all the characters one by one.

What?

Wasn't he the son of MacArthur?

couldn't they have modernized his faggy face though?

Well, yeah, but that doesn't explain why you'd start the damn thing and then give up on it ~10 volumes in. That was what S_Jump (or whatever the fuck their name was) did.

think wildfang release started at vol 7, so he did the chapters before that

Does Baki Dou have a bunch of chapters untranslated or am I just shit at googling?

I remember that he has a flashback about him been a kid in Japan. I think they implied he was the son of MacArthur.

when?

>has a flashback about him been a kid in Japan
I'm 90% sure that didn't happen.

Because I can't upload images right now
mangakakalot.com/chapter/baki/chapter_54

completely missed that

it does

Wild Fang strikes again.

「わたしがまだ十代だった頃のことだ。使い走りの2等兵だったがね。」
"I was still a teen back then. A private they used as an errand boy."

Nothing about a father, nothing about a child.

Thanks man. Can't believe I thought he was MacAthur's son for the mistake of Wild Fang.

Netflix is looking for any competitive edge it can get over other streaming platforms considering they're going to lose their cozy deal with Disney in 2019 when they decide to take all of their toys and go on their own streaming platform.

I don't get why Netflix can't break their one little rule and just simulcast the episodes.

Pop Team Epic already saved anime

It's not Netflix. I guarantee you that it's a Japanese demand.

So, just like JoJo, another classic series with devoted fanbase and cult following will become mainstream and people will start hating it just because it's gotten popular? Neat.

Nobody hates Jojo, people hate Jojo threads where you can't discuss anything without meme sprouting fucktards derailing everything.

is that a jojo referrence

Baki will never become legitimately popular in the West. Largely because of its art style, largely because of the plot lines, partially because of the nonsensical state of its scanlations. There's like 3 IPs in a thread when I post a translation of a new chapter, you know.

Netflix didn't do shit, stop being an actual fucking shill.

I hate it because after a certain point all the focus on image training and POWER OF IMAGINATION got fucking dull. Also all the best fights involved the side characters like Retsu Kaioh or Orochi Doppo.

>There's like 3 IPs in a thread when I post a translation of a new chapter
That's mostly because Dou turned to shit, there used to be quite some hype for it at the start and during Motobe's wild ride.

Netflix are just an investor/producer for series that were otherwise going to be greenlit. The question is whether their meddling is better or worse than Japanese sponsors. On one hand probably a better chance of multiple seasons, higher production values, and more graphic violence. On the other hand better chance of censoring sexual scenes, nudity, religious scenery, and weird forced inclusion.

It’s because the 2 previous seasons were mediocre so the west avoided it.
It looks good now so they will jump on it while asking retarded questions about the previous seasons.

>On the other hand better chance of censoring sexual scenes, nudity, religious scenery, and weird forced inclusion.
Devilman literally put this shit to rest. Netflix is literally "The Money Guy" and nothing more.

Not exactly. They did make them do the lip flap in a way that would fit the english dub, thus making the japanese dub slightly out of sync. Since all netflix shows will get a dub, they will start to do that more.

The tournament is almost over, The semifinals are about to start, so if theres no bullshit plot inbetween it should end in about 20 chapters.

>if there's no bullshit plot in between
"That Person" is surely still alive; Setsuna knows something about Ohma that the audience doesn't; there's been no Niko & "That Person" flashback arc yet, etc.