Fakir was a jerk at the start of this, and I was prepared to hate the 'cold-hearted edgemaster' character...

Fakir was a jerk at the start of this, and I was prepared to hate the 'cold-hearted edgemaster' character, but he really turned around by the end.

What do you think about this series? Also, you can post other anime where the worst character becomes the best character.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oFbXR68zQkE
youtube.com/watch?v=9197GTl1ASg
youtube.com/watch?v=FYZrdnsdBMI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I really loved rue, and the prince is the blandest character of all, so he was actually the worst

He is supposed to be bland he is a damsel in distress.
The best character was Drosselmeyer.
Though Fakir's development is outstanding and probably the best in anime.

Mr. Cat was actually an interesting character too, he comes off as a joke because of the marriage thing but is actually a pretty good teacher, and gave actually good advice when asked for it.

The marriage joke got really old to me after a while, but they managed to mix it up enough at the start to keep it from being insufferable for the whole run.

Also is the marriage joke a bit of a Japanese thing? I didn't really get why he kept threatening them with marriage- or is it a ballet joke? Like failed ballerinas had to be married off?
I watched the English dub, and his voice was horrible to me, but I felt for the actor because he has to act pretty blank at the start. The Prince is mostly just a plot device for the whole show , anyway. He was more interesting when he was evil. But yes, he could have had more development maybe towards the end , but just feel he never had time to be himself.

Rue is hot as fuck

Tutu is a hidden gem for sure

I just wish the writer would make more anime, and have Drosselmeyer appear as the omnipotent god writer once more.

It amazed me just how much my opinion of Fakir changed over time. I don't think I've ever gone from hating a character to them becoming my favorite by the end of the show.

I wish Duck stayed a human so they could be together, seemed like she really got the short end of the deal with that ending.

Also I didn't think Prince was bad as a character. He works for what he's supposed to be, and by the end you do get to at least see a hint of what his true personality is supposed to be.

Taichi from Chihayafuru is kind of similar. Starts out a cowardly little shit, becomes the most developed character in the series and you really want to root for him.

I get frustrated when the abusive character gets forgiven because of 'my sad backstory' , but I feel like he faced what he had done to Mytho.

youtube.com/watch?v=oFbXR68zQkE
Remake with fully animated dancing when?
Tutu was great but could have been anime of the decade with a little more work. The prince's behaviour should have reflected the particular emotions as they were returned to him, instead of him just becoming generally more complete. The episodes should be more closely tied with the tale at the beginning.
And that S2, holy shit, new plot elements were constantly introduced and they just piled up higher and higher.

I think the series is close to perfect, despite some shoddy animation, and questionable design choices (Fahkir's hair).

>The prince's behaviour should have reflected the particular emotions as they were returned to him, instead of him just becoming generally more complete.
They did, but it was usually a lot more subtle than you'd expect.

I think they could have done more with the dancing in terms of visuals, but I'm not gonna blame them for that depending on their budget. The story was told well, so its satisfying enough.

>promo trailer teased a kiss between Fakir and Duck

> never delivered on it in the actual show.

WHY DO THIS?

Same here, I was really convinced Fakir was a bad guy and he turned out to be a best. The most comparable turnaround of opinions I've experienced was Anthy, which is saying a lot.

Really? Not saying it's the case here, but if you want to, you can often convince yourself of things like that by looking hard enough and overinterpreting things. I guess I could have just used the word headcanon. Can you remember some examples?

>What do you think about this series?
it suprised me, didn't think i'd like it as much as I did.

Aside from the obvious examples like the entire episode where he has to cope with the feeling of fear being returned or the feeling of pride being the catalyst that causes him to start fighting the raven's blood, nearly every time a heart shard came back there was a scene in the following episode that displayed his new emotion. There was the scene where he was depressed because the feeling of sadness came back or the scene where he's musing over his new feeling of envy with Rue. The feeling of sadness even came up again in a later episode when he was becoming so full of negative emotions that he had to consult the magic river. Plus he very noticeably started questioning his situation in several episodes after he got curiosity back.

Thanks, sounds like I need to watch it again

Rue had one of the most heartbreaking arcs of any anime girl ever. That scene in episode 25(?) when she's desperately trying to tell Mythos how much she's always loved him breaks my goddamn heart.

I think it may just be the voice actor because he sounds really dazed half the time through those emotions. It can come off as samey.

Rue is such a good girl despite being the villain for most of the show, I'm glad she got her happy ending.

Right? I'm glad for all the characters, even the fucking annoying toddler puppet had a few scenes that were genuine tear-jerkers

Too bad nips have an absolute shit taste and Arata will end up winning.
It hurts, Taichi deserves better.

All I remember about this series is that one excellent amv

I like Mythos more than Fakir, I find what he represents and his star-crossed lovers story with Tutu a lot more compelling than the endgame.

Godly AMV
youtube.com/watch?v=9197GTl1ASg

My favourite shoujo anime.

Probably one of my favorite moments is when Drosselmeyer tries to convince Ahiru to keep the story going. It's like he's teasing the audience when he's saying all the drama literally just "for fun". It's funny because it's true.

My one complaint is that it's a little awkward when the season switches gear into pure drama. You lose out on some of cast and it feels like they're scrambling to efficiently tell the story. I really wanted Neko-Sensei and the toreador to show up again.

The scene in episode 13? Where Tutu does the solo dance on the water, along with the music is easily my favorite scene in any anime and is what made me fall in love with the show.

I would probably call Princess Tutu the best anime I've ever seen, in terms of storytelling at least.

youtube.com/watch?v=FYZrdnsdBMI
This one?
It's definetly my favorite scene from the anime, the build-up from this whole arc is amazing and Tchaikovsky's music only add to it. More anime should use classic music instead of padding the OST with boring songs.

Yah that scene, all the emotion that goes into it is just amazing. It also made me wish there were some more scenes with Ahiru doing ballet.

We need more ballet anime, period.

>Princess Tutu OST release will forever be incomplete

It's not fair, Tutu's version of The Great Gates of Kiev is still my favorite interpretation after all these years. I really love how the staff tailored classics to fit the scenes, really made them more memorable.

With how some nips are obsessed with european culture and sports I'm surprised at the lack of it.