Isekai peaked in the 90's

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qTPpbzYozHg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Did it now?

fucking this

DAMN YOU YAMATO TAKERU NO MIKOTO

>Archived
Guess this is the new isekai intelligensia discusssion!

Woot! Death March AOTY! John Smith spinoff when?

joomp de chasm

This is pretty true. Between Rayearth S1 and Escaflowne, there wasn’t a better decade for it.

>fantasy anime peaked in the 90s
FTFY

I'M BRUISED ALL OVER MY BODY BECAUSE I HAD TO FIGHT NAKED

Will JS look like a cute cowboy gaijin or the wuxia guy? Still no illustrations on him.
Who?

only 90s shit I agree with:
youtube.com/watch?v=qTPpbzYozHg

test

MY SWORD IS INCREDIBLY DULL

Did it work?

Anyone up for some shieldbros

every isekai thread until you like it

shame about fuukaposter. he'll never get to post his waiu now.

Not really. It was fun for a short time but then I realized the story is completely bonkers in a way that I don't want to put more time into.

I'd agree with that. What was the last good fantasy anime much less Isekai?

>Completely bonkers in a way that I don't want to put more time into.
Can you elaborate?

come to think about it, we could make a thicc elf thread RIGHT NOW and barfposter can't do shit about it

Waves, more betrayals, maybe a whale raping some guy down the line. The other heroes just generally being retarded and Bitch princess being an avatar of the Crawling Chaos.

I just kind of clocked out after a while based on hearsay of what was to come. I gave up when we got to the king who, and I quote "cut more holes to fuck when the others got loose".

Oh yeah, it does sound crazy when you put it like that. Well, best you avoid the spear hero novels too then. Those can get even crazier than the main novels.

This is why I liked Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash so much

The only thing about Isekai is the stranger in a strange land trope.

I'm a sucker for that shit.

got bad news for ya buddy

Problem is that trope lasts for all of 2 episodes and then the main character already understands everything better than the natives.

THERE ARE DINOSAURS HERE

>isekai
>MC wasn't summoned or reincarnated

I wish we got more Sci-fi stories where people were abducted.

>isekai but the protag can only use music as his magic
>every time he levels up, he gets to pick a new album
would you read it Sup Forums?

More like hear it. i doubt the average person can read music just like they read words.

True, only in anime form it would be fully functional.
Damn, guess i'm not getting a LN made outta this ideia.

>air_gear.jpg

Don't forget El Hazard.

Those who hunt elves as well.

You could write 3 sentences just repeating the word fart and it would get 100's of 5/5 ratings on NUF.

There's a new chapter of true redo of the spear hero today. In a nutshell, the audience with the pig king goes rather smoothly. Shieldfreiden's representative ran with most of the national treasury of said country and the rest of the people surrendered to stiltvelt. The pig king orders a bounty on the supporters of tact from both fabuley and shieldfreiden and the remnants of tacts harem (he wants them for himself, in true pig king fashion). The king promises to support naofumi and motoyasu in their battle against the waves. Naofumi and motoyasu reveal that motoyasu is able to "predict" the future(not that they would believe them that he can loop so they went with prediction) and warn the king about people who have the same legendary weapon-stealing abilities like tact did. So now they're trying to narrow down the suspects by calling all of the 7-star heroes to fabuley and hunt down those who do not come. Starting first with the projectile hero who should have awakened with tact's death.
An interesting thing of note, it appears that the pig king's appearance is the result of a lot of reactions within fabuley's royal bloodline, having incorporated a ton of heroes during the ages, some of them even demihumans if they got the weapons in their hands. in short he's a natural human chimera or chimera human, i don't know which.

Watching Rayearth now, and it's pretty comfy.

Garzey's Wing is too good for this world

Is there power creep?

So true. And since isekai is just a type of fantasy anime, it's no wonder it peaked along with the broader umbrella of fantasy in the 90s.

What type of anime can we say is peaking in the 2010s?

Tragic Seinen

If you HAD convenience store then I WOULD live with you. But there are no vending machines here either.