How do we save modern anime from The Fog?

How do we save modern anime from The Fog?

Stop posting

Too much colours, look like shit.

The one on the right is literally in a foggy place

>VEG posters now just trying to drag everyone down with them

Wait for the BD

THIS
/Thread

I actually like it better with the fog...

>what is ctrl +shift+i+alt

For VEG, watching it on TV fixes it. Maybe it's the same for FranXX.

just tried it. it does fix it.

Anyone else finds it jarring that Cattleya has more than twice the lines 02 has?
I have to salute kyoto animation for being able to pull that kind of stuff.

Was there a previous thread they were talking about this?

Yet 02 is ten time sthe sexual animal Cattleya fails to pull off.

Your edit is just shit.

I'm not a fan of slut characters, I'm just pointing out the huge gap in quality between both productions.

VEG posters need to get banned already

>Works will with HDR capable screens
Holy shit. And here I was thinking the BD release would be the one where it would actually look good with possible HDR release.

Cattleya is not supposed to be a slut though

FranXX posters need to get banned already

But... how, how does that work? Maybe if I just fuck with the color settings or something on my monitor? I'm going to test this with all my monitor pre-sets.

Well yeah, you're comparing a one note sexual animal to a character with facets.

Excuse me?

>flirting with the beautiful lady you slept with
>slut

compared to ttgl or klk FranXXposting is very low energy. sad!

Probably due to the post processing TVs do

It's called HDR, look it up.
Nobody believed me when I kept saying VEG looked clean on my TV.

>" What is high dynamic range?

>The two most important factors in how a TV looks are contrast ratio, or how bright and dark the TV can get, and color accuracy, which is basically how closely colors on the screen resemble real life (or whatever palette the director intends)."

>all modern TVs now support HDR
>most streaming content from Netflix and BDs is HDR content

Ah...
Hey, thanks.

Wait.. Are TV broadcasts even capable of HDR? How does that even work?

Don't know about jap broadcasts but netflix is.

Not him but my old-ass TV is not HDR and still looks unfiltered compared to the PC monitor.

I'm not really familiar with Netflix' releases but do they have an option for HDR or if the release is in HDR then it'll be that by default?

Because if it is only streaming in something that's calibrated for HDR then holy shit we're watching this thing the wrong way.

This. Literally nobody complained about franxx's brightness/saturation level.

>Works in HDR Screens, CRT, and IPS

Welp. That kinda explains it. I wonder if OLED screens also fixes the issue.

>People talking about what they read in Wikipedia 5 minutes ago.

It's really funny because Franxx is one of the very few digital shows that doesn't have ass colors.

It's not "fixing it" you're just watching it with a shorter color range so the gray isn't as grating.
Or even worse you're using HDR.

The colors look plain as any digital show. Nothing worth noting.

They need to bring back hand drawn animation.
Digital is killing anime

>It's not "fixing it" you're just watching it with a shorter color range so the gray isn't as grating.

I know you're not supposed to use HDR on a non HDR content but most decent HDR capable screens come with WCG right? Not that I'm saying that it supposed to be working for these releases.

Anyway I just tested on my phone which is "marketed" for 4k HDR capabilities. Hand in hand with Netflix and Amazon Prime Video marketing. What I can say is that it actually does look much more vivid judging by the color of the skin. Noticeably less foggy as well.

So it seems that shitty screens might actually play a factor in viewing this show's picture quality.

HDR is a shitty gimmick like 60/120Hz was a few years back.
You should never need HDR if the panel is anything but shit and your digital decoder isn't messing around with the source.

>Your digital decoder isn't messing around with the source.

I suspect this might also be happening to most viewers. I left mine to be handled by the hardware itself without the player using any of the external codecs and it looks better. When I switch to codecs it looks washed out just like how I would see it on my monitor.

This doesn't explain how IPS and CRTs or a modern TV is having a much better picture quality.

By the way I was watching the Netflix rip as well from HS. It also looked much better in my phone.

Not really bothered by it.

user, there was actual fog in that scene in DitF

Which release are you using?

On a IPS display Evergarden looks smoother and nicer while FranXX colors look a little bit more dry but flashy scenes look really good.