So apparently Koe no Katachi lost the Oscars nomination to The Boss Baby just now

>envelope.latimes.com/awards/academy-awards/2018/

OH NONONONO HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>even the West is mad about it winning

I mean who'd ever imagine an anime winning an Oscar but this is pretty bad. Ha

Yeah no shit. What did you actually expect?

That's a good thing.

>Parvana is an 11-year-old girl who lives under Taliban rule in Afghanistan in 2001. After the wrongful arrest of her father, Parvana cuts off her hair and dresses like a boy to support her family.
This is literal fucking oscar bait what the fuck.

Regardless of whether Koe no Katachi deserves it or not the Oscars have always been like 90% people voting on things where they're only familiar with maybe half the nominees at most. There are fucking multiple people on Sup Forums who have managed to become members of the Academy. That should tell you everything you need to know about Oscars voters.

>Oscar bait gets nominated for Oscar
Who'd have guessed?

That's okay, because it's going to Coco, and the rest of the nominees are just padding.

Wow.

So uh where are these people now?

Bring your shitty meme back to

Oscars are irrelevant. See: Kaguya-hime no Monogatari losing to Big Hero 6.

Who gives a fuck? Oscars are just circle jerk meme awards.

>giving a fuck about gaijin awards
The absolute state of Sup Forums.

I seriously hope nobody unironically thought it was going to get nominated for anything

JUST
U
S
T

Reminder that the Oscars have always been pay to win bullshit, and you should be paying attention to the Annecy Festival instead

I read this at the 8th grade, here in Brazil, back in 2006.

How do we know it lost to boss baby specifically?

The judges see that it's some weird Japanese shit and instantly disregard it. Most didn't even watch Kaguya-hime when it was nominated.

HUEHUEHUE

>implying her gender-bender scheme would work when afghani men fuck shotas, or when one of her uncles would stone her to death

Already found some serious plotholes.

The Oscars literally don't care about Animated movies.
This is a fact, they just treat them as "children films".

Why is american animation so cringe tier bad?
nevermind, I already know the (((reason))). What a waste of resources. This nation tries its best to use art to destroy beauty. Even nearly everything on Sup Forums makes me want to throw up, and that's the creme de la creme of westernshit.

WHAT THE FUCK KYOANIBROS THIS CANT BE HAPPENING

>How do we know it lost to boss baby specifically?

Because it didn't even get nominated.

Good. There are too many ironic weebs out there as it is. Anime doesn't need more publicity. Also who gives a fuck about the Oscars?

Yep, it's funny because it's implied that her dream of going to Paris with her best friend is impossible (lol in retrospect) and she'll just have to be content with maybe staying alive after losing most of her family

>Also who gives a fuck about the Oscars?
kusoani shills did months ago, and they still do right now

It's not going to win anyway because not Disney

>tfw not even a tenth of a percent of Sup Forums has watched these

Koe no Katachi doesn't deserve an Oscar nomination though. In This Corner of the World or Your Name would MAYBE deserve it, but not KnK.

What the fuck is an Oscar?

In This Corner of the World deserved it, but it doesn't matter because whatever tripe Disney/Pixar shat out will win anyway.

>the silent virgin vs. the chad baby

Koe no Katachi wasn't even good, mediocre at best with some nice animation. Not that Oscar should matter though, they don't even watch the movies they nominate.

Still, looking at the nominees, Loving Vincent looks like an interesting experimental film.

The oscars were dead to me the moment BR2049 didn't get a best picture nom

kek

The Breadwinner is social justice quote
Loving Vincent is artsy quote
Ferdinand is eco-friendly quote
Coco is the winner
That leave the Japanese cartoon quote. I think In This Corner of the World was the robbed title but I guess it's not moe enough for the average user despite it's based on a seinen manga and MC is a moeblob

As if nips gives a fuck about gaijin awards. Those type of shit are always rigged anyways.

>mediocre at best with some nice animation

This is what constitutes as great animation critique.

WEW

Why it took you so long? Or you're 10 years old?
Worst part is probably you like BR2049 so much because the waifus and because it piss off the SJWs

Why do we care about an award show for American normalfags?

Not everything is meant to be a critique. It's just an opinion. Take it or leave it.

>BR2049 didn't get a best picture nom
You are joking, right?

Someone expected something else? Hollywood hate anime and anything tv/online that wasn't made by them in general.

Kyoanus cared until today.

It's just another opportunity to make fun of the least popular group on Sup Forums.

Was Koe no Katachi any good?

Why the fuck would BR2049 be nominated for best picture? There was nothing impressive about it other than the cinematography.

First I was mad, then I realise it was by Kyoani

the goose

Good,hollywood is total crap

Coco will win because "muh mexican tale".
This way, they can pat themselves on the back and show how tolerant they are.

So we all agree Boss Baby is a better film than Your Name right?

It is going to win because it is a really good film. Not everything has a hidden meaning behind it user.

Why the fuck was Boss Baby nominated for an Oscar? The movie is awful

It's been clear for years that the Oscar committee doesn't give a shit about animation, let alone Japanese animation. So it was to be expected.

Jokes aside, as much as i despise Kyoani, the Oscar awards are nothing but a joke, i think everybody on Sup Forums can agree on that.

But at least we could use this moment against Kyoanus fans, kek

They changed the nominating process so non-animation people could vote. At that point it became a simple matter of bribery

what a joke

Koe was bad anyway.

Who cares

Nobody is giving shit about oscars, it is just funny

>Lu over the Wall
Easily the worst thing Yuasa ever did, Devilman not excluded. So I wonder why it wasn't nominated for an Bad Taste Award, a.k.a. Oscar.

>it piss off the SJWs
It does? Also, fuck this captcha garbage.

No, coco will win simply because it's disney, and they've rigged shit so their movies always wins

Because children liked it and cartoons are for children. Nobody cares about some chinese cartoon so why nominated it
>This is what the academy actually believes

No, it is gonna win because disney

I unironically don't know why people don't just get a pass. I got one as soon as they were announced, I fucking hate captcha in all its forms. Even legacy was shit

But Song of the Sea deserved it that year.

Fucking TLJ got 4 nominations including best OST despite it's mostly bland remixes crom classic themes

Fuck the oscars

>shitting on Sup Forums is Sup Forums material now

So how much did Dreamworks pay them?

Chink shit btfo

KyoAnus BTFO

Ahahahahaha
This sounds like a parody. Does she have AIDS too?

Between Evergarbage and this, talk about a bad year so far for kyoshills.

I swear this is like the 5th version of this story that I’ve heard

KnK was never going to win but there has to be something better than Boss Baby out there.

you realize the only reason they ever considered Koe was because it was about a poor disabled girl and school bullying right

Fucking Mouse

it was dropped when they realized Yuzuru was just a tomboy and not actually Shoko's trans boygirlfriend.

>bribery
Apathy more like.
The mentality of academy members who aren't animation fans is literally "My kids watched it 5 times, so I'll vote for it".

Nomination requires active input, it's not apathy. It's "for your consideration" packages that all the wealthy studios send out.

Oscarize an animu movie will brought more animu things overseas.

Did you even watch Coco? This is one of the times where Disney actually deserves a win.

Kyoani can't do anything even slightly serious right because they're completely tone deaf.

>Expecting logic from awards shows

They are just industry friends who vote for their other friends' works. That's how it always is.

Someone post the image where the voters admit they don't even watch the animated films.

Coco is actually quite a good movie despite having generic Disney tropes.

#OscarsSo/co/

The Breadwinner
>Budget; 10,000,000 USD
>Box Office; 220,504 USD

J U S T