Seiren

What went wrong?

A bad first girl that led to mediocre girls. Kicking it off with "lmao I'm off to mexico to get boned" doesn't really resonate well with the intended audience.

mexico. but really surprising that boring girl turned out to be the most endearing.

slutneki

Tsuneki

Everything, really.

What makes you think she went to mexico to get boned?

Didn't start with angry no-fun girl.

Its like when girls say they want the "uni experience".

>no-fun girl.
Not even true, as is evident in the last episode

I asked what went WRONG

They started with an arc that ended disappointingly and that hurts the other arc that came afterwards. It's like watching Amagami with Rihoko's arc as the first one.

creator should have made a yuri Amagami SS series it would sell like hotcakes.

Yuri don't sell

Making it take place in the same universe as Amagami, especially the same school. Was there any reason for this rather than obvious superficial pandering? Doing this set the foundation that the writers didn't have the confidence or talent to make this something good enough to stand on its own merit.

Also this. Particularly the strange importance and the amount of screen time she was given in the other girls arcs. Had a non-ironic Poochie vibe to it, and it was rather annoying. A popular(?) voice actress can't make up for bad writing.

Don't have any images saved from this shit, so just going to post some good Amagamis.

Senpai has no ass

NTR ending for first girl followed immediately by NTR bait in next girls first episode.

The concept of "Amagami, but in more modern times". Also, I found the character designs rather lacking. It's like they designed two uninspired girls, then built the other four off of them.

She was a cocktease and essentially rejected Shouichi in the final episode of her arc. This lead to people getting the idea she was fucking around and not really serious. Then she left for Spain to pursue her dream career which isn't bad but as a plot device basically puts more precedence in her "dreams" over whatever significance the "romance" in her arc had.

Seiren had a sketchy start. Toru and Kyouko were alright but I think nips already had enough before Kyouko's arc even started. It's a shame we will never see the other 3 heroines' arcs, theirs probably interested me the most.

Creating a high school romance series as a spiritual sequel to Amagami and then having Shouichi and Tsuneki (the poster girl for the entire thing) not get together during their school days was their biggest mistake.
Imagine if Junichi was rejected by Ayatsuji during this point of her arc, it would be beyond dumb.

No T-Rex route.

>bad first girl
Shit arc conclusion aside, Slutneki is the best.

No imouto

Okay I thought Seiren was a shounen involving time travel to and from a post apocalyptic future that got canceled after like 11 volumes. What in the actual fuck am I thinking of?

The stories and dialogues were quite boring. Same with Photo Kano.
Amagami worked because at the time this format felt new and original to many.

Beats the hell outta me

The MC.

It was psyren. A google for shounen post apocalyptic future psychics gave me the result.