3x3 thread. Most people hate these, but I find them fun. Also I want people to validate my opinions

3x3 thread. Most people hate these, but I find them fun. Also I want people to validate my opinions

Hang yourself.

I'll make a proper new one someday. Meanwhile, here's one slapped together from some old screenshots.

8/9 I remain unimpressed but at least Nichjou and Akira are masterpieces.

Bait.

And here's the godddamn mosaic that I forgot to attach.

7/7
4/5

2/5
really mainstream boring picks
4/5
safe picks
3/6
>oreimo
>infinite stratos
>sao
This must be a joke 3x3, or you've literally seen less than 20 shows.

what kind of 3x3 is this supposed to be?

The bait kind

People who love those trashy LN adaptations and have rather large powerlevels exist. They walk among us and breathe the same air as us, albeit through their mouth exclusively.

Samefag

5/9 Normalfag taste.
5/5
Yikes
9/9

You're just jealous of our superior taste.

I accidentally made another thread like an idiot, before I realized this was here.
I guess it probably just pushed a DarliFra thread off the board.

These threads have become less about your favorites and more about looking cool to a bunch of anonymous weeaboos online

It's just about enjoying anime, user. Don't get stressed because some people enjoy things you don't.

Poorly centered, and get rid of the borders. Also 2/2

2/9, horrible taste, consider suicide.

Nice bait, i'd like to see your 3x3.

I already posted it. You're welcome to rate the others in the thread when you post your own, moron.

I know I should keep movies and TV anime separate, but I cant think of another show I like as much as the others on my 3x3.
7/8
7/7
Somethings not right here
2/2
2/2
Rate others first if you want validation

6/7
-HnK

6/6
Huge respect for Laputa, not enough people appreciate old ghibli classics.
2/2
fuck, so sombody actually watched Royal Space Force!? And even liked it!

>Rate others first if you want validation
I don't post my rates on the same post as my chart, retard. 2/5
3/7
meme/9
Not sure if serious. 0/1.
2/2
3/6
1/2
5/6

8/8, get those subtitles out of there, though.

What a pleb.

>Not sure if serious.
Why wouldn't I be serious? You've only seen one of them anyways, newfag.

2/3

I'm not even sure what to think about this

5/5

3/4

What's so great about Laputa? It's the worst Miyazaki movie imo.

It's a masterpiece. Howl and Ponyo are easily his weakest films.

4.5/9
4/7 is top left supposed to be nnb or uchouten or? i cant tell
3.5/9, at least stardriver had some decent mecha designs
3.5/6.5
3/7
1/1
1.5/6 for my wife rin and half a point for koi. wonder if franxx is ever not gonna be a disappointment, though
2.5/8 how can someone lump in mushishi with tiger and bunny
5/8 wrong character choice for snw. kanata is precious and she should be treasured
i mean, you cut the shitty writing and i liked the art direction for almost all of them if one ignores goonbuster2. but at least that garbage show had a good OP&ED. 4.5 maybe 5/9 all things considered
3.5/8 what the hell did you like about rollinggirls outside of its art direction?
its one of his most consistent adventure stories and, from a narrative standpoint, a clear improvement to the lackluster nausicaa. might not look as stunning, but certainly does a better job telling its story.
>It's the worst Miyazaki movie imo.
how could that be when ponyo and howl exist? caglistoro bastardized the lupin characters so its worse as well. totoro is a movie about virtually nothing. if we consider his "part time" involvement for only yesterday and whisper of the heart those are then those are worse as well due to how visually uninspired they are. and how anyone can consider mononoke to be better than laputa also is a mystery to me.

pretentious/12
Also, bad taste in general.

>It's the worst Miyazaki movie imo
not when Howl exists
it's also beter than Nausicaa IMO

>omoide poroporo
>visually uninspired
You're clueless about aesthetics.

much obliged!
completely different pairs of shoes. to give you an example: brigadoons artistic direction basically oozes creativity, but does that mean that the show is aesthetically pleasing? the cgi sky and a lot of the creature designs sure as hell dont make it very easy to think so.

I massively appreciate Ponyo for being a departure from his previous works. It's a middle finger to mainstream film making norms, forgoing the strict three act structure and writing conventions he'd stuck to up until then, in favour of just trying to capture emotion. It's interesting and amazing to see a 70 year old artist trying something so different.
Howl is weak, but the ideas it presents are more interesting and it's visuals are far stronger than Laputa. I think it gets a bad wrap, and that nostalgia is a part of that.

See above. And in regards to Cagliostro, I've always thought that's a non-complaint. All the Lupin movies and TV specials are pretty different from one another. Cagliostro is just Miyazaki bringing his style and tastes to Lupin, in the same way that other directors did with all the other installments. Totoro is also weak yeah, but it's personal and rawly emotional in a way Laputa isn't, and again, far more visually pleasing. I wasn't those other movies to be Miyazaki movies, and I remember Mononoke being great, but it's been so long that I don't wanna argue for it with only half-memories. I really need to rewatch it.

The depictions of body language and natural imagery in Omoide Poroporo are some of the most impressive feats in the history of animation. There is nothing "uninspired" about it.

The only "bad" Miyazaki movie is Howl. Everything else he or Takahata ever touched ranges from good to utter beauty.

>you will never so butthurt that people enjoy shows that you don't that you accuse them of pretending to validate your own taste
Feels good, man.

7/7 Have not seen bottom-left or bottom-middle.

i mean i guess as someone who actually considers patlabor2 as one of his favourite works i am in no position to complain about a director bastardizing the characters of a show. however, i do believe that you have to take the age of a work into consideration when evaluating. laputa might not be the most imaginitive story, and it sure as hell isnt the best looking movie anymore, but it was rather impressive accomplishment for its time. its also one of the very few, pure adventure stories you actually find in anime. so i am not surprised that there are a lot of people who like it.

Newfag here how do you rate 3x3s?

I don't think Laputa is as technically impressive as Nausicaa, and I wasn't taking the age of the works into conisderation, just comparing them to each other through my modern perspective.

Be as detailed and as articulate as possible.

make sure to rank them out of anything other than 9

liked/seen

3/3, but what's the top left? it looks fuckin amazing!

Angel's Egg. Strap in for over an hour of nothing happening and a total of 3 lines of dialogue.

>what the hell did you like about rollinggirls outside of its art direction?

Soundtrack, set pieces at the end of each mini-arc, and fun factor. Additionally, I thought it was a very charming series.

Took a lot of pondering but i got something. This is just for tv shows, got a separate one for movies

4/4
3/4
3/3
5/6
5/5

So many mainstreams I haven't seen, I need to watch NGE and Bakemonogatari at some point at least.

~nnna

8/8
7/7
5/9 watch more anime

9/9 good taste

1/9 horrible, worst in the thread
3/3
6/6 good taste
8/8
4/5
3/3
7/7
5/6 very entry level
1/5

7/7
4/4
5/9
3/3
6/7
2/3
4/4
5/5
5/5
2/3

5/5 patrician

fag/10

This are by far, the worst 3x3 I have ever seen.

People should be requested to have watched more than 20 shows before posting here.

Rate my taste.

>not rating people before posting your pic

Their 3x3 have no problem at all

0/9 eat shit and die

>Their
Sure, buddy. They look like they were made by a 13 year old who started watching dubbed anime on Crunchyroll last year.

kyoanitheme/10
have mein theme

Making a 3x3 is incredibly painful. There are a t least 10 shows that I love just as much that could or should have made it on the list.

4/5 questionable choice of pictures lol

5/5 Diversify your taste man.

3/4 Dude I'm currently watching Denno Coil and that shit is incredibly good. I can't remember the last time I've watched a show where you can't put characters inside a trope box right of the bath. Having characters with actual personalities is so refreshing.

6/6

3/5

2/2

2/2

3/6

the 6/9 there I watched were great shows.

euphonium was pretty neat.

1/2 -Fate

3/4 -Psycho Pass

9/9 2bh

3/4 -penguindrum
faggot

Cat Soup is great

3/5
-Higurashi, Wolf Children

5/5
I've been watching SAC recently and it makes me feel nostalgic for early toonami.

I haven't watched much so I'm afraid to rate the others

rate mine.

edgy and pretentious/10

ur a pussy

9/GAR

Wow. I need names for some of these. Pleasantly surprised to see Magnetic Rose and Lipin pilot on here. What's that weird Indian one and that second one.

It's disgusting seeing how beautiful the art in Dragonball used to be, and then looking at what it is today.

Senya Ichiya Monogatari and Hakujaden

i forgot who is in the top middle but i love that picture and theyre so cute
+1 for taiga
cool webm, aesthetic as well
i like most of yours and want to see the others
cool one!
never seen most of yours, cute girls though

I think this is supposed to be a troll 3x3 but don't you fucking mix my nigger akashi with all this shit

>Senya Ichiya Monogatari
Ah.. I've been meaning to watch all of animerama or whatever it's called. Already seen Belladonna and I need to watch Cleopatra.

how do you make this? what program do you use?

Senya Ichiya is leagues better than the other two films, and Tezuka's greatest work as an animation director.

I-I'm sorry user, i really like all of those. Kuroko no basuke is my favorite though

Oh shit, sorry then. We all have different tastes after all

No worries, I'm kinda aware my tastes arent considered respectable or good by most people, im used to it

Is akashi your favorite? the more i watch the show the more he becomes mine, especially after the last game

>my tastes arent considered respectable or good by most people
>respectable
Just do what you do man. It's better than throwing pretentious shit in your 3x3 like all of Sup Forums does. Circlejerking the same shit like Lain and Eva has already become boring long ago.
>Is akashi your favorite?
Aomine is. But Akashi is cool too.

>Circlejerking the same shit like Lain and Eva has already become boring long ago.
i really like eva, not in an ironic way, is really good

Yeah thats why i post my 3x3 anyway because its what i like! and yeah aomine is kickass, definitely tied or close with akashi, i wish we got to see another game of his though

I really do too. I like Lain as well. But you know what I'm talking about. Moeshit is cancer tho and 95% of nu-Sup Forums need to be gassed

Did you finish the anime? Did you watch Extra Game movie?

Any decent video editor can do that.