Reminder that Hyouka was the last good anime made by KyoAni

Reminder that Hyouka was the last good anime made by KyoAni

Hyouka wasn't even good, though. All the characters were insufferable except Oreki. And even he

Hyouka is so good that user couldn't even finish a shitpost bashing it.

Because he fell asleep from watching Hyouka.

It was Euphonium

Wrong, pic related was the last time it was fun to watch a KyoAni show.

But Hyouka isn't good. Some of the best animation ever made for TV, but the story and characters are as boring as Scooby Doo.

Hyouka is the best Kyoani period

Hyouka was a lot of fun to watch

nothing after nichijou is even vaguely watchable

But Hyouka is better than nichirandomshit

better at totally sucking maybe

shit tastes

Hyouka really was the full package. Cast, art, animation, writing.

And don't forget music.

Hyouka is a good story. But the anime it's incredible good.
Really catch the feeling of the novel.

When the scene direction meant something and they didn't resort to neck breaking monogatari bullshit.

Agreed, but it was so good it'd be unrealistic to expect another masterpiece on the same level from them.

The mysteries in Hyouka were absolute dogshit. I watched it for everything else.

I just finished rewatching it, and I was amazed at the quality of this anime. They really did everything to make it enjoyable. The visuals are simply stunning. Every single frame has the right amount of detail, and the animation style of the illustrations is perfect, it makes the show very comfy and interesting to watch. I consider this series the best KyoAni production. As for later shows, there were a few that were nice, but none of them could compete with Hyouka.

>Hyouka
>good

People watched this boring trash only for cute girls

Also did you missed Hibike! Euphonium with our goddesses Kumiko?

The kanya mystery was kinda rushed but I liked most of the others, Hyouka's "mysteries" aren't really about convoluted operandis like other mystery shows, but about understanding the thoughts of intentions of the people involved, that's why Chitanda is always like that.

The irony of this motherfucking shitting on Hyouka for the "cute girls" while praising and all-girl show

seriously, what more could people possibly want from kyoani at this point, they've already given us like 4 masterpieces and 8-10 great anime.

when is someone else going to do something, anything...

Reminder that Hyouka was the last good anime.
Prove me wrong.

>hyoukshit
>good
More like boring af. Also pretentious.

New novel when?

>what is Shokugeki no Souma

>literally a snoozefest
Personally, I like to watch anime with my eyes open.

>People watched this boring trash only for cute girls
Well then the girls in Hyouka must be like 220% in cuteness if people watched the show only for them. Hibike was enjoyable, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it a masterpiece, the story was kinda flat, but the animation (bar the distasteful blur) and the music were good.

The mysteries were what made the show so chill. Or, at least I found them clever and enjoyable, especially because most of the time there weren't anything special about them but you still had to think about the motivation of people and derive your conclusion from it.

I'm rewatching it now, just finished the episode about the counterfeit money case. This show is honestly amazing, the writing is even more impressive upon rewatching when you know what to look out for and the characters, and the way the visuals especially the angles the camera uses add so much to the series.
I didn't like the movie arc as much the first time I saw it but upon rewatching it now, I think it may be the best arc, it's amazing how so few lines are wasted, so many seemingly useless lines foreshadows towards developing not the only the mystery of the movie, but also the mystery behind Hongou and Irisu, and developing Oreki, Chitanda, and Satoshi. Not to mention the influences on the following stories.

Oh, how I wish it were possible to discuss this anime on Sup Forums, if there's any anime that deserves discussion it's this for sure. I don't know what exactly draws shitposters to it like moths to a flame or when/how this started because it was well received when it aired.

I support this

Also last good protagonist.

Also the best "overly goofy best friend of the protagonist"

The only problem I have with the movie arc is that the chats at the beginning and end are kind of flat, meaning it is several minutes at a time of text on screen without speech or significant music, and it is kind of hard to read at times which distracts you from other details like who is actually talking.

The visual language employ throughout the show is, without doubt, among its greatest strengths. The counterfeit money episode is the one I usually bring up as an extreme example for what makes this show great. The whole episode consists of two people sitting in a room and contemplating different possibilities without any particular purpose, it manages to show the power of imagination and logic. The movie arc is, in my opinion, definitely one of the strongest ones, with tons of character development and a mystery that needs to be considered from several different perspectives to be solved.

I also love how literacy plays a central role in the anime. Books are absolutely everywhere, there are puns, explicit references to narrative techniques, and most of the illustrations have a bunch of characters in them, which reminds the viewer that it is an intradiegetic story that's being told and makes it fun. I liked the parts where they played around with different readings of kanji (but, unfortunately, I didn't get them on my own because I don't speak Japanese) and the part where they figured out why the math teacher got confused about which group he was teaching.

>pretentious
Never thought I'd read this meme for such an inoffensive show as Hyouka, congrats on the most retarded post of the day.

Don’t know if it is or isn’t. Been a few years since I’ve watched Hyouka but I enjoyed it at the time.

Yeah, I can understand that, I had to pause it to catch up with the subtitle, which was kinda annoying, but it'd probably be fine if I spoke the language. Still, I'm glad they put it in the show because it's just one of the many ways the creators (fortunately had the balls to) play around with how the story is presented on the screen (and they do it with great overall success).

Hibike was excellent. New movies out this year as well

Once I found out these two were at it again, I was hooked.

Don't you dare compare that blond faggot to Satoshi.

I meant their VAs/seiyuus.
I think Satoshi is THE BEST character in Hyouka.

I see that many people are not into stories with fewer explosions, but I can't imagine how they could find it downright boring (given that they understand what it's about and not just waiting for their expectations to be fulfilled), I mean an episode is 20 minutes of dialog with conflicting ideas. To each their own, of course.

I think I saw like half of the first episode once. Maybe I should continue it someday.

My nig.

Probably the most realistic too, I mean Chitanda gets more conflicted too but in later volumes.

He is one of the most relatable characters, I wish we'd had the chance to see how their relationship with Ibara developed. I haven't read the books yet, are they good? The visuals were done so nicely in the anime that I can't even imagine what it would be like to read the story without them. I just rewatched the whole series, so I guess I should wait for a while before starting with the books.

>ywn have a mayaka gf
Why even live?
No seriously, why bother?

>last good anime made by KyoAni
That statement implies kyoani has ever made a good anime, so it is inherently false.

>31 IPs

Where are you people in the VEG thread? This number is more than that thread's usual.

I really like KyoAni but VEG is really one of their worst works so far. I am going to sit through it either way

I have yet to watch VEG, I don't know anything about it yet (except for the fact that KyoAni continues ruining their beautifully drawn artwork with shitty filters).

agreed--i just finished watching this for the first time, and i was pleasantly surprised by how enjoyable and comfy it was, as well as the beautiful animation. it feels like it has aged very well.

i can see how some might find it boring, but i like that the story is more of a mental experience. it's a nice change of pace from the usual blood and guts that i enjoy.

Glad you enjoyed it too, user. It was a pleasant surprise to me too, this was the first KyoAni title I'd seen, and I wouldn't have thought I'd fall in love with it. When I finished my rewatch session, I was so sad that it's over. I'd love to watch or read more stories like this, the author really did his homework and came up with intriguing ideas about everyday life.

not him. I might have a rewatch later, thanks everyone

Hyouka is without a doubt a fantastic show but youre forgetting a very important IP.

But can it beat this?