>Fall 2017 honorable mention
34 pt Urahara (2018/03/21)

Thoughts on each show's performance?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NFoi8WMynsY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

These rankings are alright for once.

Yuri shall conquer the world

VEG will conquer the rankings after this week's episodes, just you wait.

PTE is not that good to be there, or maybe I'm just a brainlet

>**2位/**2位 (*26,246 pt) [*,*64予約] 18/03/23 【Amazon.co.jp限定】 ガールズ&パンツァー 最終章 第1話 (特装限定版) (「中村桜の アヒルさんでも分かる!総火演の楽しみ方講座」BD付) [Blu-ray]
Girls und Panzer remains undefeatable

>**3,555 Grancrest
>*18,525 Killing Bites
Why?

Koizumi-san is doing a little better than I thought and I'm surprised Japan is enjoying Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho as much as everyone here but almost everything else looks to be as expected.

>***,*32 Pop Team Epic
who the fuck buys this shit, I thought that 2ch hated it too

>*24,581 PSI
Wasn't this Japan's most anticipated show of Fall 2018? What went wrong?

Japari park welcomes PTE

Will id7 break 20k?

FranXX will be the top seller.

12k was expected of it

They already broke 10k pts though, don't they have 3 months?

>tfw if you made this thread a couple of hours ago Citrus would be in average tier
It's okay I guess. These rankings aren't surprising.

Only if BDs have nipples.

It just seems weird to see a KyoAni show being beaten by a meme show (shitposting: the anime), a Kirara SoL, and a show about girls going to Antarctica, among others. Normally you'd expect a KyoAni show to be in the top 3, especially if it had the kind of hype VEG had.

Killing Bites has nipples already and look at it. Nipples can no longer be trusted to save anime sales.

Why is Killing Bites doing so poorly anyway?

>KyoAni losing winter season again
This brings smile upon my face.

Shit adaptation of a bad manga

>losing winter season twice
>losing the oscars to fucking Boss Baby
Literally the best timeline.

But fripSide.

Yay for comfy tents

I know some people hoped that Citrus would be a success for overt Yuri anime, but looks like that's not gonna happen. It's bet at this point is hope it can get into average tier.

It's gotten to the point that a certain CG-hating yurifag is hoping that streaming, merchandise ,and manga sales will make up for poor sales.

It's too trashy to do well.

Somekindofthing, ultimatemegax, and Western reviewers seem to love it, though.

It is YuriHime's best selling manga. It is not impossible for it to get another season.

Just look at that gambling anime

The thought that there is actually a chance that popshitpostepic can get a second season terrifies me to my core

There doesn't seem to really be any merch and streaming sites don't really pay the studios much. The manga was already fairly popular for a Yuri manga, so the anime is basically just ad advert for it.

They are good, killing bites is not.

I don't understand the hype around Yuru Camp, and I've even read the manga. Its average to me.

>Hits tier
>Overlord
Season 3 confirmed bois!

>Yuru Camp and Sora Yori that high

>***,294 Overlord
I'm so happy for Papa Bones, hoping to see the third season soon and watch those thieves getting killed specially Arche

More than half of those have got to be troll preorders.

The problem.is that there's not enough source material to go beyond 12 more episodes. That would also leave it in an awkward spot, since volume 8 ends on a cliffhanger.

Imagine Youjo Senki S2 and Overlord S3 in the same season.

Who?

Literally who? I go in the threads and I don't see that.

It's a dumb action show based on a stupid premise with cute girls. If it was the mid/late 2000s it would be doing really well most likely because it's actually a lot of fun.
Times change though and cheesy action shows with lots of tits and ass don't sell like they used to.

Check his site.

Next year, maybe.

I really don't know who that is, I thought it was someone posting in the threads here. Don't care about """reviewers""".

Whose?

someanithing.com. He also has a Curiouscat profile where he talks about that.

Hit tier should be anything below 200.

>the hype
Not everything has to be a hypefest, shounenfag.

>***,342 VEG
Could be much worse.

Imagine being this deluded

I'm a retard because I've only ever read that page on that website when I didn't know how stalker worked.

Are you serious?
Do you honestly believe it won't sell about as good as KlK?
It has everything that's needed for a hit and you have to admit that regardless if you like it or not.

>cheesy action shows with lots of tits and ass don't sell like they used to.
? Sup Forums fags seem to be pretty sure that franxx is gonna sell well, though?

Franxx has a lot of hype surrounding it, let's see if they can keep people interested or if it's gonna be another Re:Creators

You mean Sup Forums

Because Franxx is actually deep (as in having multiple levels of storytelling). Same thing as Kill la Kill or TTGL.

re:creators didn't have 1/3rd of the budget though

And YH is a niche magazine. They don't care about Citrus or NTR, they decided to adapt these manga because they wanted to promote its monthly edition. If anything, hope that Crunchy will give it another season since they co-produced it.

If you watched both you wouldn't be making the comparison.

It's not niche though.
Nowhere as big as Shounen jump but not on the bottom either

6 years ago, trigger shows have been doing poorly because they are the same shit with a different theme

>After the Rain that low

FUCK

Neither KLK nor TTGL released 6 years ago.
I don't understand what you're trying to say here considering this is the first show of this kind Trigger did since KLK.

>**3,417 Toji no Miko
Can Gokumi save this from the pit of doom?

>Neither KLK nor TTGL released 6 years ago.
KlK was 2012, also it's literally the same formula as KLK and TTGL, ecchi with hot blooded action and things going boom

First episode of Kill la Kill aired 4.10.2013. Which was about 4 years ago.
You can describe all three shows with that, but you don't get the main topics with that description (which is also the reason people love these shows so much).
TTGL for example had manliness, and fighting spirit as a theme, which is pretty normal for a mecha.
KLK was about a girl getting to terms with becoming an adult.
Franxx will be about teenagers discovering their sexuality and intimacy with others.

How much did KlK sell?

Enough to be very profitable.
Doing some quick research it seems to be 10k, but I'm not sure.
I just remember the stalker threads back then and KLK being top tier.

FranXX is a fun raunchy action flick.

>still thinking sales matter
It's all about mobage and ad revenue nowadays.

>***,152 Oshigoto
That's a big climb

KLK did 10k. Franxx could sell that and still not be the best seller of the season. I7 will do 15k at least with inflated 20k on event ticket volumes.

KLK did 11k. Lighting in a bottle for TRIGGER though.

Gee, I wonder why...

How is the loli appeal any different from Mitsuboshi Colors?

I'll give you that.
I usually don't don't consider idol anime in the top sellers ranking because oftentimes the price of the discs is lower and they contain tickets.
Mitsuboshi Colors has lolis being cute.
Ryuuou has MC pledging to marry the loli in front of like 30 people including her parents.

It has shogi. Hot-blooded shogi even so it doesn't compete with the other cute SoLs.

I like both though.

The lolis are way more sexualized in the shogi show
There's already been a sleazy loli sleep-over on top of the main one being canonically engaged to the MC now
in other words every Japanese man's fantasy

>unironically thinking FranXX will break 4k
GAHAHA

What the fuck are you talking about? I only watch CGDCT. I just don't think Yuru Camp is that special, the manga had great art work but I find the anime pretty lackluster.

peruano?

Capped.

Colors are too evil.

Newfag.
youtube.com/watch?v=NFoi8WMynsY

I know about GN mongoloid, I tought you might were someone

Are you fucking retarded it is isn't going to sell anywhere near what KlK did.

It depends.
Will there be suffering?

Why is Ryuuou doing better than Tenshi no 3P! when it aired? They share a lot of common elemts, specially the loli+sports/hobby formula, the fanservice and so on. Is it because T3P's author is infamous for Ro-kyu-bu? Or because Ryuuou has shogi? Is it really that big of a selling point compared to the music T3P! had?

GaySkatingonIcefag here.
never give in to shitposters, Franxx. Success outsales everytime.

Ryuuou actually has a good plot.

I thought 3P was pretty boring even though I love loli shows.
I dropped it at episode 4 or something like that.
It didn't feel like anything would ever go anywhere. With Ryuuou the conclusion is already forgone and the loli feels much more like a character instead of just a stereotype.

>Flop tier
>Hoshin Engi
Dakki spin-off never

Good taste.

Yuru Camp shall conquer the Earth.

Darling in the franxx will flop, just wait

>there's people who actually believe that
Baffles the mind.

Toji no Miko is surprisingly actually pretty decent but I can't even blame people because Christ that first episode was directed like shit and they aren't even trying to hide the mobage tier CG worth a damn.