Why was i supposed to empathize with Satou, again?

every problem he had was of his own making, he had no one to blame for his bs, and he treated ourgirl like shit (pic related)

or is this show only popular because other losers self-insert?

>Self-insert as a failed normie
Only shit taste can appreciate this.

This anime was so fucking diluted form the source material, why was it so popular?

Same reason for liking the source material, shit taste.

pretentiousness

It's supposed to make you feel like shit for doing the same bullshit he does.
even so it still did some parts well and it got me to interested in the book which is one of my favorites

only shit people do the bs he does tho

Yeah people are shit and I've done some shitty things and you're probably lying if you say you haven't. Maybe not as bad as some of the things he's done but as college dropout neet and borderline hiki I can shamefully relate to a lot of things he's done or can at least see how got there.

because most neets don't have the courage to do the same things he did from the book before the change

This show is popular because other losers self-insert, yes, but not for the same reason you think.

at least you're not like class representative's brother

Misaki was the main antagonist though. He was at the mercy of her god complex and she deserved to be lashed out at.

>Misaki was the main antagonist though
nice bait

Retarded frogposter.

she's ourgirl and main heroine, satou is the only antagonist

can someone tell me why they took the trumpets off of the intro song after a while? was that supposed to be symbolic and shit?

did he deserve it, Sup Forums?

It actually wasn't popular in Japan. Only with the western EOPs who probably didn't even know it was based of a novel at the time, let alone read it.

>every problem he had was of his own making, he had no one to blame for his bs
So what? The same applied to Walter White yet he was beloved by millions. You don't need to sympathize or relate to Satou, you watch the show to understand a hikikomori, what it is like for someone to be trapped in that hell, even if it is of their own making.

And Misaki was not a good person either.

>cancer
>of his own making

Cancer wasn't his fault but the dissatisfying life he had led to that point was. As well as the negative consequences that resulted from his choice to manufacture drugs.

also his conspiracy theories were too retarded, he should watch more alex jones

I've never read the novel but the manga was far better than the anime. Hated how they changed Misaki's character.

novel vs anime, which one do I read?

i mean vs manga

Watch the novel, read the anime and listen to the manga

His conspiracy theories were retarded because he was a drug addicted shut-in.

unironically not impossible
reading is technically watching, I dont know japanese so I read the subtitles, and I can read the manga as an audiomanga

Never read the novel but I did hear its better and more realistic.

The way I see it is unless you can fluently read Japanese read the manga because at least with the manga you'll have pictures to guide you along. I have doubts on whether a fan translation of a novel will carry the same meaning the author intended. Manga is much simpler to translate thus it'll be easier to carry the meaning along. Welcome to the NHK manga is easily in my top 5. It's far better than the anime.

will do

never really read a japanese LN btw, dunno if translations are good

>drug addicted
dropped

best girl passing by

If you're one of the people who thought anime Misaki did nothing wrong you'll probably hate the manga.

passing away

its all satous fault in both

The manga is garbage. If you liked nhk for the characters being very human you will hate it. The manga version felt like caricatures, they are shitty towards each other to the point I couldn't feel any sympathy for them. I suppose you could like it if you thought of the anime as a comedy first and foremost and thought the drama aspects are getting in the way. Misaki is a huge cunt in the manga, Yamazaki and Sato are not much better.

the scene about how no one wants to admit they're worthless and so they go online just to pretend other people are more worthless than them hit me hard in the feels anons, its just too close to home

isnt this good tho, people here praise this

>why was i supposed to empathize with Satou, again?
If you don't, then good for you. Really, no sarcasm, if you don't see any of yourself in him, you are fortunate.

It's not quite fair to say all his problems were his own making though; the root cause of it all is his mental health problems, chiefly social anxiety. And Japan's basically non-existent mental health system. And it's not like anyone else in the show was making things better either; every other character was screwed up in their own way, and their actions generally made things worse for themselves and the people around them, including Satou. Not with any outright malice for Satou, he was just collateral damage.

This includes Misaki. The novel is a bit more explicit about this, but she is as screwed up as Satou, possibly more. People here act like she's Satou's personal guardian angel there to save him out of the kindness of her pure heart, but that's not the truth. It's a comfortable illusion that Satou and the audience have, nothing more.

Assholes being assholes towards each other and destroying themselves and those around them with little to no self awareness and regret, I don't know. The feeling I got from the manga was like I was watching an alcoholic couple beating each other while wondering why aren't they happy. It wasn't funny or sad, it didn't make me reflect on my own poor life choices or motivate me change something, I just felt disgusted.

You will never meet girl like Misaki to help you end your hikkikomori ways!

why even live desu ka?
isnt it sad tho?

>mental health problems,
this is a meme

hikikomori are just lazy buns

>is this show only popular because other losers self-insert?
Well, yes.
If his problems were caused by an external source, it would just be escapism, so you can say to yourself nothing is your fault while laughing at Satou.
What makes the show so heavy and so interesting is that it holds up a mirror to you and tells you "See, that's why your life's shit, YOU fucked up". And the humor is here to sweeten the pill.

Fuck you, and the horse you rode in on.