Re:Creators

I know it was the whole point, but I think they went too far with the meta stuff.

This show was absolute garbage.

No it wasn't.

They didn't even explore the meta stuff properly.
>A MASTERPIECE IN THE MAKING
>barely 2k sales and forgotten

it was you faggot

Then say how you lil bitch.

Another case of a cool idea brought low because of its absolutely bland MC.

>best girl dies.
Unacceptable.

>giant mech does
>Fuck
>All
/m/ here. Bittersweet.

Really wasted a chance to show different character struggles with their world being "fake." Instead we got sloppy infodumping, "muh tragic creator, REEEEE," and "listen to me talk bullshit until I win"

Gigas Machina technically killed Charon, fought against a clone Altair made, summoned Sirius and gave Souta a ride. Too bad only characters that could think outside of the box could do anything with actual long lasting consequences.

Reminder she got away scot free

Reminder that she saved the fucking world so it's only reasonable she gets off free

How come they never brought mamika's author into custody?

Anyone got pics of Meteora's sexy godess form?

It was implied Mamika was designed by committee.

Not that guy, but almost every pay-off this show had was very unsatisfying. Only like one or two things felt properly executed.

Something like this?

Hiroe seriously needs to work on this series. There are a lot of gaps to fill

>Didn't even get a decent final scene
I mean...she got that last speech scene that was good but I feel cheated. She was the only reason I watched this show. Waste of a character to be honest. Oh and her manga explains nothing about her, BRAVO HIROE

>She was the only reason I watched this show.
Literally the best way to set yourself up for disappointment

I have no reason to watch this then, neato

This show was fucking garbage. I can’t remember the last time I watched a show and cared so little for anything happening

It was a show that was made for those who like to pay attention. Best show of the decade, probably.

There is a 8 minute or so scene where shark junko gloats about the magical girl's death to the MC and he barely makes a sound during the entire thing and basically looks forward the entire time.
The whole show is like this. If we're lucky we get two characters saying contradictory things and having an actual conversation, but usually we get a single monologue peppered with other characters saying things that only serve to continue the monologue.
Hell, the show can't be assed to come up with different movesets to make for interesting setpieces. Almost everyone in this fucking show can fly.

Sho, Yuuya, Blitz, Rui, Hikayu, Magane can't fly, Alice can float but not fly on her own, Meteora, Selesia, Altair and Mamika can fly without restriction, Mamika flies faster than Selesia, Blitz can use his gadget to fly at a snail's pace

It was so incredibly unsatisfying, I have a harder time seeing why there are people who liked it. It's the definition of a pretentious anime, it tries so hard to be smart while having shallow characters and a simplistic plotline that went nowhere.

>at a snail's pace
and to a limited altitude

I watched this for best girl Altair, I wish Sluteora didn't hog all the screentime.

The full world étude is out it seems

I got bored at like episode 16. Or rather I managed to make myself believe I was being entertained till about that long, then I had to face it, shit was boring.

Is Selesia the biggest jobber of 2016?

>2016
My brain is fucked

she held her own against doomgal

why would he work on a dead and forgotten series?

The show had great potential, but ultimately wasted it.
The main drawback is that it's simply too slow. This is understandable if adapting from a manga or LN, but inexcusable for original material.

Are you his boss?

This show really should've been 'Me and my buddy Kirito'. The only character I remotely liked was Charon, because he was the only guy who behaved like he actually was invested in the plot.

Everyone else kind of sucked, but Meteora sucked the worse. I'm slightly disappointed that Yuuya (who is an analogue to Dio) has literally nothing going for him.

I also hated the ending, because boy was that an unsatisfying way to conclude things.

dogshit production values with hardly any animation and even if the scenes were animated they looked incredibly lackluster, cgi mechs looked bloody horrible as well. too much exposure that they ultimately didnt do anything with, generic as hell character writing and probably one of the worst, most spineless protags in the history of the medium whos insecurities were simply used as a plot device to prolong this shit. lazy ability designs as well because most of them share some sort of trait (flying for example, why the fuck can all the mechs fly?). lackluster acoustic detailing with a pretty generic soundtrack to boot, but that part probably was the only good thing about the show since the soundtrack itself is pretty decent.

I'm an anime critic and let me say boy I fucking hate re:creators

You are just not anime savvy enough to understand it
Neither was I. I fucking hated it

Why do anitubers love Re:Creators?

What's really disappointing is that NOTHING is resolved by fighting. The characters insist on blabbering it out, where a fight would've been more exciting. It's like when Charon is fighting Gigas Machina, Selesia keeps getting in the fucking way.

It's like watching Van from Escaflowne about to throw down with Shinji from NGE, and fucking Hitomi keeps getting in the way. Meanwhile, post-Eclipse Guts is about to fight pre-Eclipse Griffith, but this generic moeblob WON'T LET THEM FIGHT. This show really should've focused more on the flashback to each show and how the various characters smashed into each other, basically Fate/Fanfiction Night. Instead, everyone just couldn't shut the fuck up.

I love Altair not re;creators

>What's really disappointing is that NOTHING is resolved by fighting.
Maybe that is the point

Then it's a stupid point. In anime, nearly everything is resolved by fighting. Fighting is how people interact.

Are you?

Probably this was the best episode until the twitter asspull

Don't avoid the question

don't avoid the question

In spite of everything else, I still think 'Brave the Ocean' is a great track.

Layers, HERE I AM, brave the ocean

I also tear up listening to re:cre@t0rs sometimes because it reminds me of Alice's death

>In anime, nearly everything is resolved by fighting.
Yeah but isn't that the point
The characters come from fiction in the "real world" and thus they solve their problems like they always do, with fighting, but it doesn't work

Honestly I don't even agree with myself here so I don't know why I am playing devil's advocate

The only good thing of Re:Creators was the ryona.

>twitter asspull
Oh boy here we go again

Literally months after that and retards still can't grasp that something with an entire episode of build up isn't an asspull

fucking boring show. Wasted my time. Dropped

I'm sad to say that the show was bad all along. I kept watching, expecting the finale to do something good. Although the emphasis on the creators was most of what kept me, at the time I picked up the show I had been promising to myself for months that I'd start drawing, to no avail. It did enough to give me a creative spark and for that it deserves some credit in my eyes.

Jobbing, infodumping and MUH bully PTSD.
It was a battle royale where everyone talked.
It was a SoL about artists without any SoL.
It was a redemption story with no personal journey or development.
It was a comedy without any jokes and a drama without proactive characters.

The show tried to be too many things at once. Everything it tried to do it did completely wrong. Probably the only thing it did right was aggressive advertisement, which doesn't work without any fans. Re:cree was easily the biggest flop of the season.

Waste of some characters, others were boring as hell, most bullshit antagonist i remember in recent time with an even more bullshit ending.
Who the hell thought an almighty OP villain with the power to asspull whatever she wants is a good idea? Yes, i get that it's supposedly rooted in the story, that doesn't make it any less idiotic.

Only thing i came to like was Yuuya treating Rui like his little bro, and the latter actually goes with the idea.
And Selesia's character design.

I wish they played it straight

>It was a comedy without any jokes
Is this post-post-irony?

Not really, he mostly wasn't around for 80% of the show so that was fine until the ending.

I think this show has wait to much pointless dialogue. There are so many needlessly long exposition dumps, and episodes of people just talking in rooms explaining concepts that don't really need to be explained. It's also way too cheesy and sentimental especially at the end.

Nah. The issue is that they completely missed the mark with it. The whole final arc was written with the idea that viewers would love Altair, but that just wasn't the case.

This show just wasn't for a cynical intellectual like me.

I stopped when the MC had to explain his reason why he kept quiet about his not!gf's OC and how he pushed her into cyberbullying. As if him being some special average snowflake wasn't boring enough, they gave him a even shittier driving point as to how significantly connected he was to the antagonists' creator which was extremely jarring to take in because there is nothing intriguing about his opera drama. That's only the tip of the iceberg, the show wasted it's promise on pointless exposition with Met talking for so long instead of showing it. Anyone who supports this type of cancer and the creators of this show should be ashamed. In the end, it was a big fat nothing.

She died so it wasn't necessary

It would have been far less budget intensive and far more successful as Meterora's radio show where she simply narrated the whole story.

>Why are retards retarded?

What do people actually see in Altair? She is still probably most popular character from the show and I just can't see why.

The design is a clusterfuck, her motivations and personality are pretty generic anime/jRPG villain, she isn't even hot so I can exclude these guys as well. Maybe powerlevel fags?
The final arc suddenly shifts focus to her leaving anyone else irrelevant and I have no idea why I'm supposed to give a shit. I even cared more for Meteora, despite her being just a monologue machine.

I just loove re:creators

> What do people actually see in Altair?
The first 3 episodes, after which they dropped the show.

It should have been a two seasons series, with one season about the characters and setting up the confrontation, and a second season all about the fight between the two sides, side switcheroos and the final battle.

As it was, the characters were not developed enough, the stakes were not visible enough (the world should have been changing gradually, but we got literally nothing on that), and the fights were a clusterfuck between the jaw-jaw and no one killing or wounding each other except through Altair´s direct intervention.

The music was great, though.

>dem last two thirds of "E:verydaytor4"

Why do people who hate and love this show are so passionate about it? Nobody on here cares enough to say it was alright or it could've been better, but rather it's the second coming of Jesus or it killed millions in cold blood.

That is every anime or manga
First day on Sup Forums?

It was alright, it could've been better, there you go.

To answer your question, probably because it was hyped before release.

I dropped this a few episodes after Mamika died, when Shark had the stupid scene with MC.
The other characters lacked development and personality. And the government plan was stupid.

He's 100% right, faggot-kun.

He's 200% wrong.

All those buildup for nothing.At least Alicetaria is in a lesbian heaven now.

I just watched the whole series for the first time last night, and I mean I just finished it in one sitting about an hour ago..

It was alright, pacing was a bit off and there were a few holes in the plot that weren't properly plugged or explained away. Really it wasn't as bad as a lot of these user's are saying and I have to say I actually appreciated the visuals, sound/music was spectacular, and the character designs were cute.

>and love
Those don't exist (normalfags don't count). I've only seen a handful of who only liked taking about the power levels aspect, pretty much everyone else rightfully hated this garbage.

>It was a comedy without any jokes
I thought it was funny when pic related offered to be Gundam boys gf when he was complaining he'd never been on a date, and he told her to fuck off cause he only likes lolis

No, you're 100 (higher than the number of anime you've seen) percent a faggot.

The ending was absolutely disgusting. Not only Meteora is an unnecessary Infodumps The Character, she tricked everyone into killing themselves and stayed in the "real would" alone.
Hiroe's waifufagging has gone too far with this one

>she tricked everyone into killing themselves
Literally not canon

>blond
>armor
>lance
>long ponytail
>green eyes

Name one (1) better designed character.You can't

Why are you shitting the thread with your stupid
>IT WAS GOOD
>NO, IT WAS BAD
>NO, IT WAS GOOD!
Have an actual discussion or fuck off.

So Fate/Stay Night?

>Tall
You forgot that one

Her initial armor design is 10/10 but they oversimplified it for the anime and ultimately ruined it

Looks like a fire emblem character.

Drawfags dropped the ball with her more than the studio itself.

>main villian is "defeated" because she saves her waifu and decides to fuck off to some yuri dimension of her own creation.
Weak.

10/10 for character designs and idea
5/10 for execution

Mamika is just an excellent character.

Her death was the best part of the show.But then retarded Shark episode happened.

Hiroe probably recycled a bunch of his old/incomplete projects. Most of the characters and their universes are very interesting would make a good reverse isekai on their own. Mamika and a tomboyish feMC, Shark and Souta, Alice and her writer, any of them would have been good. Putting them together didn't work. Having Aoki for a director also didn't help.

But that retarded Shark episode contained Shark, so it's not without redeeming qualities.

>that upbeat ED after her tragic death
God fucking damn it Aoki