Someone posted this "3x3" in the last thread and then proceeded to shit on a 3x3 that had good shows like TTGL, GTO...

Someone posted this "3x3" in the last thread and then proceeded to shit on a 3x3 that had good shows like TTGL, GTO, Koe no Katachi, Jojo, Steins;Gate, SSY, and HxH. Why are guys like this trying to act smart by showing they like only less popular old shows ? It's completely retarded.

What a terrible OP

Maybe he's just an oldfag from the 90s era of anime who has a lot of nostalgia for the series he watched when he was younger? I know there were a few of those living nearby who ran an anime shop.

I don't have anything against anyone's taste. But if you don't like any of the shows I've mentioned above, then why the fuck are you still watching anime ? It applies with any hobby. Move on with your life once you don't like it anymore.

>Koe no Katachi
>good

>Stein;s Gate
>good

Stein's Gate is the Rick and Morty of anime.

The inability to recognize quality even in things you don't like is a hallmark of autism.

Low effort b8

>you don't like what I like? wow you are such a contrarian oldfag
All right OP

I don't even consider any of these shows as one of my personal favorite. But these shows are not bad ffs. Give credit where it's fucking due, that what I'm saying.

>art is either good or bad, with no room in between for mediocrity

HxH is mediocre as fuck shonenshit and gay pedobait.

This person has really good taste in anime

Because good anime are often just as good if not better on repeated viewings.

Likewise, maybe he likes a bunch of new anime as well but just not the ones that happen to be popular. Why do you even care ?

anyone who has urusei on their 3x3 has shit taste by default. the other picks dont even matter at that point.

>TTGL
>Jojo
>Steins;Gate
>SSY
>HxH
He's right though. That's a shitty 3x3

>liking The Chocolate Panic Picture Show
He was just messing with you.

machspeed is shit. only good thing about it ismusic.

SG>your favorite anime

Which Devilman OVA is that?

>1 tv show from the last 10 years
>0 movies from the last 20 years
>0 OVAs from the last 20 years
First question you should ask here: does this person even watch modern anime? and the conclusion youll reach is "no". Maybe a handful of works per year, but thats about it.

Afterwards you must ask yourself: is this person in a position to criticze other people tastes? Well, lets have a look. You claim that he badmouths and TTGL and KnK (which are arguably mediocre at best due to their shitty writing). The problem is that based on his list he is in no position to badmouth anyone who puts visuals above narrative. Birth has no merit outside of its animated sequences, the same can be said about angels egg since its acoustic design is shallow when compared to its aesthetics. Lets not even start on the written aspects of fucking mazinkaiser, gunbuster, chocolate panic or devilman. And thats just the ovas. The tv shows are even worse. Escaflowne falls apart in its final third, kemonozume is tied for being yuasas weakest work next to lu, and then you have literal garbage like urusei and utena. Some of them have aesthetic merit, but if thats something he acknowledges then hes in no position to badmouth TTGL or KnK. At least the movies dont leave much room for criticism, although its hard for me to fathom what anybody could possibly like about cello hiki no gauche.

So to conclude: the person who made this 3x3 is very nostalgic about older works and, purely based on the Urusei pick, lacks a sufficient amount of braincells.

The first, which is the only Devilman entry that isnt utter shit.

OVAs from the last 20 years
?

> TTGL, GTO, Koe no Katachi, Jojo, Steins;Gate, SSY, and HxH

All of these are unironically shit though.

Is this shitty Mazinkaiser OVA from the 00s?

I like TTGL, Shinsekai Yori, HxH AND the shows in the chart you posted. The guy you’re talking about is probably just one of those fags who takes pride in watching “obscure” anime or old classics.

There's tons of mediocre anime. What OP mentioned are not amoung them.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but saying that the 3x3 you posted only has old shows is just wrong. It has plenty of stuff from the 00s and 10s.

No that's Pop Team Epic.

Post your own 3x3. I want to judge your shit taste myself.

>good shows like TTGL, GTO, Koe no Katachi? Jojo, Steins;Gate, SSY, and HxH.
lol

It's retarded to try to have a discussion based on preferences. Anyone who can't separate "I like" from "is a good ____" is an idiot anyway.
It's also stupid to condemn someone for their preferences.

>plenty of stuff from the 00s and 10s.
0 movies, 1 ova, 3 tv shows, 2 shorts (from what i can tell), makes a total of 6/36 or 17%. Also, to put it into perspective, 3/36 or 8% from the last 10 years and thats including 2 shorts. Else it would be 1/36 or 3%. Thats far from "plenty" my friend, especially considering the fact that the last 10 years probably had more anime than the 80s and 90s combined.

Huh, I don't remember Satan showing up in Devilman: The Birth.

Lurk for 2 years before posting. I wish 3x3 threads weren't even allowed on Sup Forums so you faggots could stay on /wsr/ where you belong.

Shows up during the first 5 or so minutes while all the other white winged faggotd are being eaten by plants.

Yeah, gotta free up the slot for another Franxx or DBS thread.

More doesn't mean better. And there wasn't more OVAs though in the last 10 years, OVAs sort of just died at the turn of the millennium. And I think the anons's intention is to have a "balanced" 3x3. From what I can tell, he has a pretty even distribution of shows across the 6 decades of anime's existence (even though I don't recognise some of them).

I don't want the shonen generals here either, retard. There is nothing wrong with 2-3 Franxx thread but it shouldn't be more than that.

No it wasnt. He said "plenty of stuff", which clearly isnt the case.

>pretty even distribution of shows across the 6 decades
ova: 5 80s, 3 early 90s (like literally 90 or 91)
tv: 1 70s, 2 80s, 3 90s, 2 00s, 1 10s
movies: 1 60s, 4 80s, 3 90s

Very even distribution, indeed. Or?

>I don't want the shonen generals here either, retard
>There is nothing wrong with 2-3 Franxx thread
So what is it now? You don't want shonen generals or you're ok with FranXX generals? Because the only reason you're not gonna label FranXX a shounen is because it's an original story. Outside of that it sure is hell is marketed towards the young teenager crowd.

>multiple threads about an airing show is the same as a recurring general
if you don't know what you're talking about please do not post

So Dragonball isnt airing?

How can you compare the DBS general to any other kind of thread on Sup Forums other than the Jojo general? They are an ascended level of cancer.

If it comes from a visual/light novel it's 100% guaranteed prime shit.

Ok, so people who move from one FranXX thread to the next are fine because of reasons, but Naruto and Dragonball are cancer even though targeting the exact same demographic. Very interesting assessment, gotta say. And the Jojo comparison makes no sense since thats not a constantly airing show/manga, aka theres a lack of content to discuss.

>Ok, so people who move from one FranXX thread to the next are fine because of reasons
This isn't what makes a thread a general you fucking idiot.

How sad is to define yourself by what media you consume.

It doenst really matter what your subjective definition of the term is. FranXX threads are essentially nothing but circlejerk generals where people spout the same shitty memes for weeks on end. There is virtually no difference between FranXX threads and Dragonball/Naruto threads. People just move from one circlejerk thread to the next, perfectly emulating what shonen generals did for years. It deosnt matter if 99% of the posts lack any form of substance, or if theres nothing to actually discuss, the thread will always be up and people will always spam Cockona memes. Thats a general, plain and simple.

The show in the middle of a 3x3 is supposed to be your favourite, right?

>subjective definition of the term is
It isn't subjective, you are using the term that has been established for years here incorrectly.

>its hard for me to fathom what anybody could possibly like about cello hiki no gauche
that seems like a personal problem

>shitting on GTO
who do I have to contact to find you all irl?

what would be a non-sad way to define yourself?

Shitposting on Sup Forums 24/7

not necessarily

There's plenty I don't like on this list (UY especially), but this 3x3 is miles better than anything containing TTGL, GTO, Koe no Katachi, Jojo, Steins;Gate, SSY, and HxH. People liking old shows has nothing to do with acting smart, some people just have an aesthetic preference for cel animation or like the storytelling in old anime better.

It is for my manga one but that's just a coincidence

>but this 3x3 is miles better than anything containing TTGL, GTO, Koe no Katachi, Jojo, Steins;Gate, SSY, and HxH
Why?

Because anything popular is always shit. Duh.

Mazinkaiser, Gunbuster, Devilman, Urusei Yatsura, Macross DYRL, Lupin III, Yamato, and Escaflowne are the only good exceptions. The rest is full of pretentious "IM AN ARTIST BECAUSE I LIKE CONCEPTUAL SHIT!"

Digibro shills are the worst kind of poster.

Swap Mazinkaiser and Urusei Yatsura with CCS and Utena.

>Mazinkaiser, Gunbuster, Devilman, Urusei Yatsura
>good exceptions
You suffer from some mental disability, thats for sure.

At least I don't put animes I don't like just to appear intelligent. I want to enjoy them, not be the next Picasso entrepreneur or some shit.

>HxH
>good
Oh I am laffin

Anime is not a modern art project. Put symbolism, good filters, and some religious words and boom, your anime is AOTY immediately. Fuck the plot, we need symbolism.

Violet Evergarden? Hyped because it has nice colors and boring filters to hide their hideous animation, and it has no plot at all, besides "muh war, automail arm, saberface".

If Sup Forums goes to Israel, they will have a fucking heart attack because of the enormous quantities of Judeo-Christian symbolism there. Seriously, only autists care that much for details that are only there to make the scenario less boring and more colorful. The scenario has no plot purpose.

Yeah, thats why I said that you suffer from a mental disability. Being able to enjoy Urusei requires the viewer to you have a double digit IQ. Thats a scientifically proven fact.

It's just a harem anime. You don't need to be a fucking critic to enjoy that. Just because it's from 1979 it doesn't mean it's a fucking masterpiece of high IQ understanding.

Anime will be the next Rick and Morty, where they say you need to be intelligent in order to enjoy it? Come on, anyone that comes out of any university will understand that fucking cartoon, no need to be the next Einstein.

How about we just all post our favorites and not what we think is the best and have fun talking with everyone about our favorite shows?

OH NO, HE ENJOYS ANIME AND DOES NOT TRY TO UNDERSTAND THE DEEP MEANINGS BEHIND CROSSES, TWO TRIANGLES CONJOINED IN OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS, AND PHILOSOPHICAL PANDERING. HE MUST BE MENTALLY DISABLED.

You're so lucky, I wish I could have an entire thread devoted to discussing my taste.

This. 3x3 should not be a statement of how superior one's taste is. Most of the shows in my 3x3 have resonated with strongly, and that's why they're there. Each has a story behind it, and each reminds me of what I was when I watched it and how different I am now. There are a lot of shows that blow my favorite shows out of the water quality wise, but that doesn't make them my "favorite shows". Likewise, there are shows that are tons of fun and that I love but that I wouldn't consider as my favorites.

I also wish that, but none of the shows I mentioned are part of my 3x3.

Can work for anybody if they bother to list 36 shows. I dont get why people even do that. 3x3 is supposed to force you to make a decision. Instead some people actually split by type of destribution. Dumb as hell if you ask me.

How are you supposed to know that I've seen 1500 anime if I only post 9 entries??

I can have seen 5 anime and still list 36 the way you did but simply choose them based on promo art. Besides, based on the fact that you seem to watch a lot of short films that figure is completely irrelevant. Probably also includes like a hundred music videos.

Pssh, only a loser includes short films in his completed number.

Makes this even worse. 1500 completed anime yet Urusei makes the list. It might be time to tie the noose.

I'm sorry that you don't appreciate Urusei, buddy. No other anime captures the soul of 80's animation quite like it. Hating Urusei is equivalent to hating an entire decade of Japanese animation.

Dear diary, today op was a faggot again.

>hating on a harem romcom written for 12 year olds is the equivalent to disliking an entire decade of an artform
Shouldnt you be busy drawing another manga for prepubescent children, Rumiko?

Well at least I now know you actually haven't seen any of it, nice try dude!

High brow harem, indeed. As intellectually stimulating as Lupin, Birth, Kemonozume, CCS, Utena, Devilman, Gunbuster etc. right? Its time to stop, user. Move on with your life and find a different hobby. Youre stuck in the past and desperately try to sweet-talk literal shonen trash. Could have at least had the foresight and hammered in Beautiful Dreamer instead of the TV show, since thats slightly lackluster than the show. But hey, weve reached the point at which youll accuse others of not having watched something as dislike one of your favourites. Youve basically lost the shred of credibility you might have had left.

I'm glad to know my 3x3 caused you actual stress. You still have shitty taste, btw.

>does this person even watch modern anime?
Yeah, I'm watching 15 shows this season. The fact that my 3x3 has you so triggered is hilarious.

>Lupin
>UY
>CCS
>Sex and Violence
>Daicon
>LWA
>Yamato
>Escaflowne
>Gunbuster
>Mazinkaiser
>Devilman
>Honoo no Tenkousei
>Macross
These are all the literal opposite of pretentious. Literally just light-hearted fun with great animation.

No, I feel sad for you because you've forced yourself to keep watching something you don't enjoy for more than a decade. Time to move on user, unless you don't have anything better to do with your life.

>No, I feel sad for you because you've forced yourself to keep watching something you don't enjoy for more than a decade.
I watched more seasonal anime than anything else, and I enjoy everything I finish. I have no preferences towards older or newer shows. I don't know what you're basing this assumption on. That picture represents an incredibly small portion of the anime I enjoy.

What a stupid thread

OP is a transplant from MAL who's upset that people who claim to be "anime fans" aren't solely interested in shows that aired in the last few years/don't have Toonami dubs.

step aside plebs who watch popular anime here comes the objectively superior patrician taste kino.

Theres a difference between being solely interested in them and calling them bad. I don't even agree with OP but he clearly made that distinction.

Well, HxH (the TV show anyways) and Steins;Gate are actually terrible, so there's that.

You sound insecure as fuck. Kys, this isn't your safe zone.

>Only 3 shows out of 36 favorites came out in the last 17 years
>"No preference towards older or newer shows"
>Calls some of the best stuff to come out in the last decade garbage

I'm genuinely curious to know what recent stuff you enjoy. I'm not saying it in a passive agressive way, I just want to understand.

Actually 6/36 or 1/6 are from the 21st century. There are 8 decades represented there. So no, I don't really see that as me having a preference towards any era.
I'm not going to write you a list of every random recent show I like. Also, I actually really like TTGL and KnK, I don't find them very impressive though. They are merely good. A far cry from something I'd consider putting among my favorites or the peak of the medium. The others I legitimately hate, especially the shitty 2011 adaptation of HxH and Steins;Gate, which are both offensively stupid and have poor visuals.

You got the wrong list bud

>no Magical Kyouko Flame
What are you even doing with your life?