Admit, this was one of the better action anime in the last few years...

Admit, this was one of the better action anime in the last few years. The amount of actual fights massively exceed your generic action anime. Not to mention it had an actual animation instead of slideshow.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PIWpM-YGvlY
youtube.com/watch?v=14COUOD3In8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I found Fate/Apocrypha more enjoyable than Fate/Stay Night UBW

The begining and the end were good but everything between was pure shit.

Absolutely no reason for the Jeanne/Sieg romance plot whatsoever, nor was it even that good in and of itself. Felt like a budget ShirouxSaber in ever way, down to the bootleg Avalon ending.

>Jeanne/Sieg romance plot whatsoever
That's the only major downside of it, but at least they didn't spend much time on it.

This

Yeah, I thought the set up for the war was dumb, and I wish we had spent more time with Achilles,the furry chick and mordred and glasses guy. But I really did enjoy the ending. Everything paid off rather well. I think if set your expectations not particularly, most people would be surprised.
Yeah, the firsr 10 or so episodes of UBW were a shore to sit through, by the end I only cared about best boy lancer

This, it actually had lot of enjoyable momentos instead of dragging forth 10-14 for the epic shit to start

Fucking secondaries

OST was really good and less generic than UBW (exceptions are probably the remixes versions of the game)

Kinda hated it only had 3 main battle themes but once I finished watching the series I noticed they were made specificaly for the last big battles (Main Theme for Karma vs Sig Round2, Battle for La Pucelle and The unreleased one for Achilles vs Chiron)

It was a really good surprise they actually gave the last fight a unique Battle Theme

Fucking Typemoon nerds

All Fate anime suffer from too much exposition and techno-magic-babblel that goes nowhere. Every time they try to explain what the war, grail and servants are, they kill the anime a little.
Of course this anime having an entire fraction of magi, the Iggudomirenia, is a worse offender than usual, it really is a chore to just hear them talk about their plans. The strong point would supposedly be the fights but most are animated like garbage, I just know Ufotable would have made the Siegfried vs Karna fight on episode 3 one of the best anime fights ever with millions of views on youtube, but this studio made it look like filler. I enjoyed very few fights, but yeah some had merit.

...Except for the fucking sound direction. The sound effects detract so much it is a permanent -3 on any fight except Achilles vs Chiron because they used their fists instead of metal weapons. It is unbearable to have everything sounding like low quality explotions. Going back to the plot, it was impossible to take seriously any scene with Astolfo, he was from some other shonen anime. And the worst characters were given focus. With the same cast, if this was Zero we would have focused on Vlad struggling with his past, Spartacus and his insanity interacting with other servants but showing that he actually thinks, SHIROU and Semiramis plotting and actually doing shit before the final episode, etc.. And a lot more Mordred & her Master.

Instead the main protags were Sieg, Jeanne and Astolfo. The first ones are so generic and vanilla they barely count as characters (you could swap them for Kirito & Asuna and nothing changes) and the third one I already said doesn't feel like he belongs to this anime.

There I went full autism, but that's why it was bad even if it had a lot of fights. Action is bad and everything else is worse ON FUCKING PURPOSE because they had enough characters to make this a 10/10 anime.

As a filthy secondary who has only seen Prisma Illya, Apocrypha, and bits of Tsukihime, I have to say that it was pretty fun. It definitely could've done better in many regards, but at least the final fights were good. Excessive use of QUALITY, but still enjoyable.

How have you managed to only see the Fate anime regarded as the worst ones and one that doesn't even exist? Was it on purpose?

MUH CHILDREN

>Vlad's NP is foreshadowed from the very start as being wow stronk
>completely overwhelmed when he uses it and doesn't even manage to kill one servant
>Caster's golem is foreshadowed from the start as being wow very stronk
>Dies in the same episode it's activated and doesn't even manage to kill anyone
yeah great show

Wdym worst ones Prisma Illya is one of the best Fate anime while Apocrypha is on par with Fate Stay Night

It was the worst fateshit to the date.

You forget about FGO.

Remember when anime was good?

youtube.com/watch?v=PIWpM-YGvlY

youtube.com/watch?v=14COUOD3In8

Hold the mod hand

Romeo take me
Somewhere we can be alone
I'll be waiting
All that's left to do is run
You'll be the Prince
And I'll be the Princess