Shonen Jump 2013 - 2018

1968 - 1973
1973 - 1978
1978 - 1983
1983 - 1988
1988 - 1993
1993 - 1998
1998 - 2003
2003 - 2008 2008 - 2013 We finally reached the present. It has been a wild ride of 10 days.

Tomorrow I'll do a lasd thread to recap everything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wSHIfTlVsqQ&t=3s
youtube.com/watch?v=-77UEct0cZM
youtube.com/watch?v=xeOmylbU3Io
youtube.com/watch?v=9prtl1aVcdM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

WORLD TRIGGER

>One of very few Jump sci-fi manga which had success
>Plot: One portal is opened and some monsters called ''neighbours'' come from it. One agent meets with one strange guy who is in fact one ''neighbour''
>In permanent hiatus since 2016
>Pray for Ashihara ;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=wSHIfTlVsqQ&t=3s

HINOMARU ZUMOU

>Plot: MC is a shorty guy who dreams to be a profesional sumo wrestler
>Its first chapter ranked first in ToC
>Awesome sumo manga, well bounded to reality with good characters
>Anime soon
>Still, manga sell numbers are horrible

BOKU NO HERO ACADEMIA

>Plot: In a society where everybody has superpowers, boy with no powers want to become number 1 superhero
>Most succesful title of this decade together with Haikyuu and AssClass
>Already got two spinoffs
>Third title of Horikoshi after Barrage and zoo manga
>Anime is going strong, 3rd season soon

youtube.com/watch?v=-77UEct0cZM

BLACK CLOVER

>The most hated manga title ever by Sup Forums is here at last, anons!
>Plot: Guy with no magic wants to become Magic Emperor, while competing with his best friend who is gifted with a lot of magic power
>ANIME IS BEING AIRED RIGHT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

youtube.com/watch?v=xeOmylbU3Io

YURAGI-SO NO YUNA-SAN

>Plot: Esper ends in traditional inn, sharing room with cute ghost
>To Love-Ru meets paranormal and traditional yokais
>Anime soon
>Artist is best friends with Tosh

KIMETSU NO YAIBA

>Plot: MC family is murdered minus him and his little sister. Little sister is turned into a demon. He travels to recover her sister to normal state
>It starts slow, then it becomes an amazing manga
>Very enjoyable MC, very good characters, very good fights
>Hoping it gets anime announcement soon

BORUTO

>Plot: The adventures of Boruto's father son
>Since it was monthly, I thought in put it as honorable mentions, but it already is important and has anime and movies

youtube.com/watch?v=9prtl1aVcdM

More special snowflakes to add next to i want to become the best pirate/ninja/hunter/etc.

Underrated era. So many good titles.

THE PROMISED NEVERLAND

>Plot: Kids are well raised in an orphanage. They find they are raised to become demon's food, they live more like in a farm. They must survive
>It already is winning important awards (Shokakugan 2017 winners)
>And it's selling a lot

>shounen manga that have shounen themes in a shounen magazine isn't ok

I can't wait for the shitposter to show up. I'm going to leave this thread early because I anticipate this will be the worst one.

Look at this threads before the 93-98 era and come back.

WE CAN'T STUDY

>Plot: MC wants to go to university. For special fees (don't know the english word now) he must teach maths to literature prodigy, and literature to maths prodigy
>The new romance comedy with some harem

Go read those over and over again and fuck off from present day WSJ then.

Ashihara please live and come back soon ;_;

>Being this mad
Wew lad.
Anyway keep the good work OP.

DR.STONE

>Plot: World gets petrified. 3700 years later, MC manages to be depetrified. World has turned back to Stone Age. MC wants to recover back worlds to current age with power of science
>By Eyeshield 21 writer and BOICHI
>Senkuu is too based

Even if he came back to WT, it probably won't be in WSJ anymore.

Tosh was his assistant.

Gotouge best girl

Worst first volume cover I have seen. Great manga though.

BOZEBEATS
>Plot: MC gets raised in the wild. He's found by monk who fights against demons
>Exorcists monks meet current advanced weaponry

I wanted to put this to have something from 2018 there and because I have faith in this title will become an important hit. I know I want to be critized by this decision, but wanted to close these 50 years with this

>not featuring Demon's Plan and U19 as super influential series of this era

You done goofed OP

Welp, 11 titles. That's more than I thought. This age wasn't so bad as people tend to think (still, if we don't count Boruto and Bozebeats we go down to 9)

Honorable mentions: RobotxLaserman (was thinking in putting this title as important too, but it seems it will flop soon), Sesuji wo Pin, Act-tage (I also have faith it will survive the axe), Soul Catchers, Isobe Isobee Monogatari, Samon-kun, Kagamigami

Yeah it's doing well. Got 1st place in Kono Manga ga Sugoi 2018 and was nominated for Manga Taisho 2017 and 2018. Similarly, Bnha was nominated in 2015.

I don't read this one but I fapped to it.

It will get axed for sure. Becoming a hit? I don't see that happening.

This
>forgetting the NEXT BIG SHOUNEN

I can see it lasting.

You're telling me RxL will flop soon over Boze which will get axed in 12 chapters? Are you dumb? RxL sells more than Stone and Bokuben.

I hope he gets a new artist. I don't want it to end up in SQ.

>REEEEEEE MARY SUE JUMP SUPER PUSH PLOT DEVICE SHOW DON'T TELL FORCED DRAMA NO ONE DIES DERP FACES MY FAVOURITE SERIES IS BETTER REEEEEE

God damn I just noticed there almost nothing since 2013/2014 that is still running. Thats sad

It won the 2017 Shogakukan manga awards in the shounen categort as well.

Lineup of this period

>One Piece
>Naruto/Black Clover
>Boku no Hero Academia
>Toriko/Kimetsu no Yaiba
>Bleach/The Promised Neverland
>Assasination Classroom/Dr.Stone
>World Trigger
>Shokugeki
>Haikyuu
>Kuroko no Basket/Hinomaru Zumou
>Nisekoi/We Can't Study
>Yuragi no Yuna-san
>Gintama (for last time)
>Saiki Kusuo
>Kochikame (for last time)

This, like 2003-2008 is more like a transition age. 2018-2023 will be curious to see

Yeah, I didn't mention it because OP did. I think it also got 2nd or 3rd in Next Generation Manga Award.

I see it be a middle-of-the-mag manga, myself.

Not that it's bad or anything. It's just that the name doesn't fit (the "beats" part makes me think it's supposed to be music-based), and those little arrows on the MC's face look out of place.

I realize that this manga is supposed to be a fusion of the ancient and modern, but the first chapter didn't balance it very well. Regardless, I'd be fine if it lasted awhile in Jump.

2013 was a disaster (only Black Clover)

2014 was another disaster (Hero Academia and Hinomaru)

2015 was THE DISASTER (only Black Clover, we can also count Setsuji)

2016 was the last great year for Jump
>Yuuna-san
>Kimetsu no Yaiba
>Boruto
>Promised Neverland

2017 for the moment has Dr.Stone and We Can't Study doing well. RobotxLaserman nobody know what will happen since manga already got into a timeskip, and nothing is happening at all. Still, is selling better than Dr.Stone or Neverland because Kuroko no Basket fujoshis. Golem Hearts and Full Drive are going to die

2018 has Bozebeats and Act-tage. Until March, we won't be able to start predicting how are they going to do

/ourmanga/

Tell me anons. Is Black Clover the most hated Jump manga of these 50 years?

Good riddance to Narushit, Bleachshit, Nisekoishit, they all overstayed their welcome and lasted for too long. Toriko, Kochikame and AssClass were fine.

2014 was a great year you nigger

What strange times we're living that Hero Academia has become the second most important running manga

>TPN
>Yuuna
>great

Snorefest: the WSJ series

I'm still impressed with how it climbed its way from the bottom to the top. Hope there's a adaption in the future.

Yeah, for some reason it doesn't feel that important.

I'm not complaining. It's really fun.

I'm happy it stayed around. I don't see why it wouldn't get an anime soon.

>bottom

Really?

G-Golem Hearts is going to do the same! I swear!

In order of most to least likely to be canceled:
Golem Hearts
Full Drive
***POWER GAP***
Spring Weapon No. 01
***POWER GAP***
Robot × Laserbeam

I think Robot is safe based on pedigree and decent sales, Jump would probably end Lycopene before it. To be determined are Bozebeats and Act-Age because they both need time to get ranked. Gintama is ending soon.
Also World Trigger is finished in the weekly magazine, if Ashihara ever recovers, they are definitely moving him to a different publication to accommodate his health.
Everything else is very safe.

Anons, what would you pick?

or

Golem hearts isn’t even ranked yet, and the first chapter is so underwhelming that I never cared what happens to it afterwards. Artstyle looks like Fairytail ripoff

wsj really needed all these new manga, this is a very good transition

It is already ranked. 3 or 4 chapters it has been ranked it has been dead place, even below Fulldrive

RIP Samon-kun you will be missed scum

To think OP considers Boze to be more important than RxL, wgat an idiot.

I don't remember but it didn't do well at the beginning I think. Check the archive.

It's ranked.

*what

I’m going to Super Push Kimetsu no Yaiba!

I'm going to super push into Nezuko if you know what I mean

>Jump would probably end Lycopene before it
This is probably true, but you're wrong in thinking that would save Robot. Lycopene is only ~9 pages long, it ending won't be able to make way for anything but another short-form gag series.

In the off chance both Bozebeats and Act-Age become more successful than Robot, then it is dead, the magazine is too crowded to keep it with its terrible rankings and just okay sales.

I hope your SUPER PUSH is SUPER enough to not get killed

Kacchan and Shotuo looks fine but damn this Deku and Ochako are terrible.

RxL is safe no matter what, yoh imbecile. It has the strong fujo appeal as the main thing that will keep it alive and it will do better than Boze and Act-age ever will.

I actually love that Ochako, her expression is hilarious. Out of character but hilarious.

Ochako always looks terrible.

I want to hug Noelle

Ochako is cute, pure and my wife.

>already calling that BB will survive

ayy don't jinx it

Gintama is ending next week (or in 2-3 weeks at most). That means one free spot in Jump. 2 spots when HiatusxHiatus go back to hiatus.

At least one of new 4 manga (Full Drive/Golem Hearts/Bozebeats/Act-tage) is going to survive for now. Maybe even 2 of them.

Next date for Jump new titles usually is June. Maybe we're getting Kishimoto new manga there. My bet is Jump is going to search their second comedy manga since Kochikame and Gintama ended and now they only have Saiki

So why is Spring Hammer surviving despite ranking so badly? Did the author sell his boipucci to the Shueisha executives?

Ah yes president of the only successful because of the Jump Super Push commitee!
Inb4 Neverlandfags screeching about
>t.Herofag

I actually think Jump's next round is going to be a big one, like 3/4 new series. So I wouldn't say any of them are safe.

It's survived purely on the newbies doing horribly. As soon as Jump gets a bunch of successes, it'll be gone.

Don't start it

I think it depends more on what new series are lined up rather than the quality of those series there.

Only when Neverlandfags cut it out with their
>yes Neverland is selling so well xD
>Neverland was no1 on most selled tankoban for 2 weeks!!
When they're ignoring the fact that it doesn't matter since jump pushing the shit out of this manga is the only reason it's even popular and other series like Hero academy sells even better without all the needless pushing

Here we go

Fuck off.

It's like clockwork

>Full Drive/Golem Hearts
There's no way either will live

Bump

I knew the second we reached the shit newfags really recognize the threads would go to shit. Just look at that difference in quality.

For being in WSJ and having a lot of good things going for it, I'm surprised it's not more popular than it is.

>the second most important running manga
You mean 3rd an it's gonna be 4th when it gets BTFO by TPN

Please come back, Ashihara

Don't forget 5th when Kimetsu no Yaiba takes over the Herocucks

BnHA is good but it isn't revolutionary. Fun read if you looking for a standart shonen model

Somehow lost to me the initial feeling of tension, also the art is pretty inconsistent

Whats bind me here is the scientific part with really funny moments, started regular but after getting rid of Taijuu it became good

Imagine what would happened if Sup Forums existed in 80s. Kinnikufags, Hokutofags and DragonBallfags fighting between themselves

Gotta give credits to Inagaki here. Out of the three returning authors for the 6 Jump new series, he's the only one who tried to write something different from his previous work.
Fujimaki wrote another fujobait sport manga and Tamura wrote another gag manga with spiritual element.

This manga has some god tier covers
Also checked

Licopennis is the jaguar/issobe of this time.
I doubt RxL is going to end, Hinomaru and Spring weapon are in the magazine because they attract some demographic that other series lack, but RxL has more potential than those two.

this, full drive is shit and as much as I wanted to like golem hearts, it's shit as well

>Fun read if you looking for a standart shonen model
It's shitter than shonen model

Chapter 1 was ok, chapter 2 was kinda shit... I think it'll get axed.

Neverland can but I doubt KnY can do it.

A month ago I'd agree but Hinomaru is getting an anime, so it's not leaving until that premieres. The magazine roster is too safe right now.

Currently 4 series sell worse, but Hinomaru has an upcoming anime, Dr. Stone is being advertised as the next big thing, and BokuBen only sells a little worse but ranks a lot better. The only manga that it has complete advantage over are Spring Weapon, Full Drive, and Golem Hearts, that may not be enough to sustain it through another 2 rounds.

>RobotxLaserman
It's following the same trends as Kuroko. Low ranks high sales. I don't see them realistically dropping it like that.