Grancrest Senki

It's time for your weekly dose of bad adaptation.

this episode was fun as fuck
>crazy valkyrie killing dudes
>our blonde bro having epic duel with dual wielding king
>cute mage being cute

i like this animu

C U T E

Can anybody explain to me what happen in the end? Why did Theo offering himself to serve under that horny Earl again?

Because he would lose Siluca.

so he lost everything what a shitter

>mfw the antagonist are more interesting than the MC and his band.

he gets to keep his waifu mage

He's basically cucked himself by staying with Siluca in Earl's castle though?

This is some of the most boring shit ive watched in a while.

When does it get better?

Not with this breaknecking pace.

>as one of my own mages
NTR

This episode is the dealbreaker. If it's the same clusterfuck as previous one I'm dropping it.

Any spoilerfags here? Does he try to do anything with Siluca? If he does I'll drop it right here. I picked up this series because the source material is by the same guy who did Lodoss, but I'm losing interest pretty quickly. If they add some NTRbaiting drama then I'm out.

He sure did, she's Earl's subordinate now

What about the anime makes it a bad adaptation?

Pacing and direction. Manga feels fast but this is another level when you have no idea what the fuck is going on and it seems like 3/4 stuff happens off screen and you are watching trailer.

This feels like the blunder of the season. I wanted to like this too. Why are they going so fucking fast?

NTR doujinshi when?

Sereno Moreno

>enemy knights have fucking laser crossbows (well technically they still shoot bolts but holy shit they hit like railguns)
>turns boulders into shrapnel
>blasts open gates in three shots
>devastates stone walls in a few volleys
>only leaves a small hole in human (but pretty much kills them anyway so whatever)

I don't know why the knights didn't just ride around as mobile artillery, blasting down the walls. Then after the first layer is down (or overrun by your infantry because of how many breaches you just made), bombard the castle with your railguns. If they try to stop you, you're a cavalry archer, the most OP unit in medieval warfare, just run away and shoot them more.

I have a feeling someone realized how fucking crazy laserknights were, which is why they don't show up after the initial assault.

LN fags, which is more faithful to memenovel -
manga or anime? Because either manga has fucked translation or characters act almost 180 to their relative counterparts in them.

Holy shit the first halve was intense as fuck.
And those fucking op laserbeam crossbows.
Here I thought the knights were gonna be slaughtered by the special snowflake characters and by getting shot from range but then they just take out these crazy ass crossbows.

Too bad that the second half was pretty meh afterwards. Also I dont like the direction this is taking with Theo being going back to being a Knight after all this.

Maybe they have some sort of limited ammunition?

>memenovel
The fuck is that meant to mean?

insulting way to call light novel because all this term is ironic meme to me

>this is another level when you have no idea what the fuck is going on and it seems like 3/4 stuff happens off screen and you are watching trailer.

To your point, who the hell was the guy who died offscreen? Was he the guy who was introduced randomly last episode?

>Maybe they have some sort of limited ammunition?

Seems like a reasonable limitation, but in a siege you have all the time in the world to just get more. So it all really depends on how the magic works and how hard it is to source ammunition. If the crossbows are what's causing the laserbeam effect, then sourcing basic ass wooden bolts shouldn't be that hard. If part of the laserbeam magic is in the bolt itself, then I can see that being harder to get on the field from whatever wizard sweatshop they're being produced from. And then you have the crest magic or whatever that could be doing it, not that I would know because this show as done a shit job explaining the army buff system outside of "it's like this flag that floats down on you and gives you a fancy shirt symbol."

>>our blonde bro having epic duel with dual wielding king
That one was pretty good.
Feels weird that they essentially threw everything they achieved so far away though.

Not an LNfag but I seriously doubt it. It wouldn't fit the tone of the show at all, and the earl's mage has already established that he's not just contracting young female mages to celebrate orgies with them.

I'm not sure I really got why Theo becoming king would have meant that he has to relinquish Siluca.
I can fully understand why he refused though.

Best girl, no wonder she ditched that faggy whiner on the altar, i hope she and theo would cross the path so he can conquer the queen for himself.

Im sure theres a good reason for it if the fucking anime could just bother to tell it properly.

Aaaand dropped for manga. I can't watch this nightmare.

It kinda did explain it. He wanted to keep Siluca, but they forgot to mention why he would lose her if he accepted the initial offer.

cuck?

Why is the MC getting so much credit when he does fucking nothing?

The Savis king felt really, really mad.

One could think that Theo is actually a background character not the MC or even deuteragonist of the show. It's really a bad bad adaption. Guess the only thing left is hoping that's getting better at some point.

Because a subordinates exploits are a leaders exploits.

I think Siluca had to go with the faggot Lord to respect her original contract - remember in episode 1, she was not surpposed to plead allegiance to Theo. So Theo offered to serve the faggot, as a compensation for keeping Siluca.

They could have bothered to negotiate or something, surely?

The way this show is switching between QUALITY and really nice art is jarring.

Theo has nothing to negotiate with, he's a nothing comapared to him.

>I'm going to bang your waifu
>Very well my lord
Typical fag MC.

I feel like they spend their budget animating best girl and then just say fuck it to the rest of it.

I was waiting for her to just say she was joking.

From what I understand the problem wasn't the other Lord himself, it was the wizard association thingy that would get mad if Siluca didn't honor her contract to work under him. So there was nothing to negotiate.

But they knew that from the very beginning.

They attempted to negotiate with what I assume to be the leader faction of one of the two alliances.
How big is the other dude?

this guy.

is this show rushed to hell or what?

Siluca is the cutest girl this season.

Shame she's stuck in a garbage anime.

I don't understand either why it became suddenly relevant.

Manga is much better

Was this episode also rushed? Felt lighting fast

>get 24 episodes
>still rush the whole thing
Whats the point?

The first 4 episodes could have been an entire cour with the being the mid climax.

You already know the answer.

Damn, she's hot.

What was the point of censoring this scene.

Theu, become Lordu.

The fact that she will survive this in the manga is stupid, this time the anime is better.

>The guy who was presented as a sexual predator in first episode is now a caring gentleman
I can't wait to see how buttblasted certain reviewers be.

Maybe animating an arrow tearing skin was hard.

She almost didn't survive. That priestess's skills are apparently good enough for her to have some special status.

Is there a point in caring about what they think?

A neat twist, really. Villar seems like quite the schemer.

Then we'd be complaining about the pacing being too slow. They should have spent six episodes on what they actually showed in four.

Yes in the anime is ok, but in the manga her chest blew up.

Actually, his name is Viral.

The women in this show are so beautiful, I love it

Did Hrist steal Lenneth's body again?

I am fine with that. Lenneth is the worst of the three.

Yeah, that's the point where it doesn't make sense. She tried to form an alliance with them so that aspect was already part of her plan B. So it seems weird that it was acceptable back then but not at the end of the episode.

Was it just me or was this episode actually pretty good?
Still rushed but the fight was damm cool.

So they basically covered an entire season in 4 episodes

So what will next season hold

>My lord your a knight
>Oh no fighting
>My knight you are a lord again
>Oh chaos
>Lets ally with the alliance again
>Aibou we meet again
>Hail King Theo

end of episode 5

In the anime she seems more lucky

i'm enjoying the pace, better then an hour of lizard waifu and a let's play civ tribal lizard folks, god that's terrible.

Imagine if lord of the rings was told in 3 anime episodes instead of 3 full movies.

What exactly is the Queen's problem? I get that she's pissed over her dad's death and that she didn't want to marry some spineless pretty boy who fainted at the sight of violence, but you don't have to restart a fucking war over it.

In the beginning she tried to negotiate with Viral as an equal, but she couldn't do the same after he asserted his dominance.

Yea it was. Also I'm loving how Siluca has almost fail at everything she was trying to do. At the start of the anime she was very smug. But right now i don't think she is so confident with her political skills.

To this point of the story it feel like a Prologue.

The grand crests were destroyed

Now she has to claim crests to rebuild the Grand crest I mean if she tried to take them from her lords she'd be betrayed. So to stop chaos she has to war

Feels like her early victories made her too cocky and led her to overestimate her own position.

while I do agree that the pacing is faster than it needs to be I also agree that it is much better than dragging inconsequential scenes forever like overlord

Overlord's lizard arc was rushed too, but they're not skipping any important bits, while Grancrest is almost G-Reco levels of SANIC

So wait who is the healer girl? The daughter of the pope? but what was that title why is it important?

If LOTR was an anime it would attract the same audience as YOI.

>tfw there'll never be a valkyrie profile 3: hrist

slut nun

Enjoy your Exist Archive.

nah man there's just something about aninari art and that icy nordic lore that goes together so well. started replaying covenant of the plume for mai waifu ailyth now

Yeah fuck this, I'm feeling too lazy to continue. The midriff is nice but it can't keep my attention forever.

Pacing is still shit. And Theo just cucked himself. Are they going down the NTR route here?

Do it!

No NTR in this series. But yes, the pacing of this adaption has been absolute garbage.

They do.